Best PVP Gear - optimizes/balances for 8 mini-games

Crowther

A friend pointed out that I hadn't included Fluxxdog fix even though it was just two posts ahead of mine. So here's another version.

Attachments

• PVPBestGear.ash
    31.9 KB · Views: 52
  • PVPWorstGear.ash
    32 KB · Views: 36

TheUberFerret

Thanks to some help from /hardcore, some searching, and some trial and error I'm pleased to release a far better working version of this script.
I have corrected the equipping of non-class equipment as well as when trying to equip an item you can only get one of (wolf whistle) it wants to wear one in the offhand but it can't so it leaves the slot empty. This no longer happens.

View attachment PVPBestGear.ash

Last edited:

Crowther

Awesome!

EDIT:
Looks nice. One suggestion.
Code:
               if (cl != $class[none] && cl != my_class())
                               return -100;
You might want to wear something for the letters and sometime negative modifiers are good, so I suggest returning zero, since that is the correct value.

Last edited:

TheUberFerret

I tried that originally, I found it still giving preference too often to non class stuff. Maybe -5?

As all weights are, I suggest people mix and match weights as they see fit. Personally I hate wearing letters with no buffs.

Solution to this and another new feature. Line 68 now lets you set a negative class value to 0 if you so choose for off class items.
I have now added the ability to filter the top lists by mall price. It is DISabled by default. Change line 56 to enable it and line 57 to set the max mall price of items to display.

Attachments

• PVPBestGear.ash
    33.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You might find it easier to not put the attachment inline (unless you've already tried that and didn't like it as much).

TheUberFerret

Like this?

Ah. there we go. i feel really dumb now. Thanks lost!

Edit: Updated, gave Fashion show much stronger weighting from feedback. Changed to Notify me since Zekaonar hasn't been on for months and I'm nosey.

Attachments

• PVPBestGear.ash
    33.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Crowther

I tried that originally, I found it still giving preference too often to non class stuff. Maybe -5?
Two wrongs don't make a right. If non-class stuff giving zero benefit is preferred and you don't agree with that, then the problem is some place else. Giving the wrong answer only hides the problem and makes it very hard to maintain.
Personally I hate wearing letters with no buffs.
The code as it's written doesn't give you an easy way to weight letters. I don't like that either. Letters are the basis, because that's how it was first written.

TheUberFerret

Two wrongs don't make a right. If non-class stuff giving zero benefit is preferred and you don't agree with that, then the problem is some place else. Giving the wrong answer only hides the problem and makes it very hard to maintain.The code as it's written doesn't give you an easy way to weight letters. I don't like that either. Letters are the basis, because that's how it was first written.
Line 68 makes it trivial to maintain that. I set it to a variable then you can adjust it as you see fit in the config.

TheUberFerret

I'm just cranking out the updates today haha.

Updates: Now future proofed by adding shells for all elements of resistances and damages
Changed default values to better suit what the maker intended. Of course my own uses different settings but Crowther brought up some good points.

Attachments

• PVPBestGear.ash
    37.6 KB · Views: 140

Montheo

A friend of mine sent me to this script saying it parses wins/losses per day/season. I think I might have overlooked where these results are or they were removed. I was wondering if anyone has a version with that in it. if not I guess I will take on ASH. Or is there a different script he was talking about.