ZLib -- Zarqon's useful function library

gausie

Develpoer
Apparently the limitation for grimstone masks is not just to Ed (though he has his own message) but to all non-standard classes? Vampyres certainly get a message saying ""You can't use this item as a non-standard class. Sorry.".

taltamir

@zarqon you recently added grimstone mask not being valid in ed. But I recently found out that (despite no mention in the wiki at the time) it is also invalid in Vampyre. The vampyre message is also a generic one that says "You can't use this item as a non-standard class. Sorry."
so I think it should be invalid for all classes that are not part of the main 6

zarqon

Okay, grimstone masks can now only walk if you are one of the six vanilla classes. Otherwise, they are invalid.

fronobulax

Developer
Would you consider modifying the version checking to either stop checking a URL at the forum or possibly munging an old style URL to the correct one? (That was possible on another vBulletin to XenForo upgrade and I can help dig if you need it).

fronobulax

Developer
OK. I thought there was a formula but there wasn't.

I was told the solution is
  • 1) A XenForo add-on called "XenForo Redirects for vBulletin (free)
  • 2) A properly configured .htaccess file

OR
  • Change/edit the URL.

Not sure the system level change is worth it. grep in my scripts directory shows most of the references are in zarqon scripts or are in comments, not code.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I do have that Addon installed :( So I'm not sure why isn't pull up the right places. Do you have an example of what URL it's visiting specifically?

fronobulax

Developer
This is one.

The error message is

Server returned response code 404 (Not Found) for https://kolmafia.us/showthread.php

AFAIK I am passing "3640" as an int to zlib's check_version and it is building the URL.

fronobulax

Developer
If zarqon could update the script to go to https://kolmafia.us/threads/post.3640/ where 3640 is the ID it should load whatever thread fine.

Yep.

Would you consider modifying the version checking to either stop checking a URL at the forum or possibly munging an old style URL to the correct one? (That was possible on another vBulletin to XenForo upgrade and I can help dig if you need it).

zarqon got married (maybe a couple years ago?) and I confess he has been somewhat less responsive since then.