--------------------

When visiting the FDKOL in Seaside Town:

--------------------
FDKOL Auxiliary wildfire B. L. A. R. T. 9500 ROW1258
--------------------
--------------------
10790 B. L. A. R. T. 228126103 blart.gif container q 0
B. L. A. R. T. 0 none
# Item B. L. A. R. T.: Spray water at your foes in various stream configurations
Item B. L. A. R. T. Hot Resistance: +3
--------------------
--------------------
FDKOL Auxiliary wildfire rusty empty nacho cheese can 950 ROW1259
--------------------
--------------------
10792 rusty empty nacho cheese can 731079488 nachocan.gif offhand q,d 10
rusty empty nacho cheese can 0 none
# Item rusty empty nacho cheese can: Collect 1 water per adventure
--------------------
--------------------
FDKOL Auxiliary wildfire pump grease 4750 ROW1262
--------------------
--------------------
10795 pump grease 246433016 groosegrease.gif usable q 0
# Item pump grease: Improves the effectiveness of the water pump in the FDKOL camp
--------------------
--------------------
FDKOL Auxiliary wildfire rainproof barrel caulk 4750 ROW1261
--------------------
--------------------
10794 rainproof barrel caulk 248987421 greasegun.gif usable q 0
# Item rainproof barrel caulk: Improves the effectiveness of the rain barrel in the FDKOL camp
--------------------
--------------------
FDKOL Auxiliary wildfire literal bucket hat 4750 ROW1260
--------------------
--------------------
10793 literal bucket hat 726775410 pailhat.gif hat q,d 500
literal bucket hat 100 Mus: 35
# Item literal bucket hat: Collect 5 water per adventure
--------------------

Water is a necessary thing to track in this path.

Last edited:

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
r20830 has a bunch of support. Still need to add the shop and the combat skills. It's quite well tested but there could be bugs of course.

gausie

Staff member
I've added the combat skills and also made it update the fire levels on login and refresh. r20857

gausie

Staff member
How does questscouncil.txt get updated? That looks like a lot of work.
It's just manual, sadly. And I've thusfar not touched it

matt.chugg

r20854

have this in the CLI
Code:
*** Monster 'The Blaze Bat' has monsterId = 2211 and image     'firebossbat.gif'
*** Monster 'The fired-up Knob Goblin King' has monsterId = 2212 and image     'firegoblinking.gif'

On second run, didn't pay a lot of attention to the first one, need to do minimum 3 for MM

council text to come...

gausie

Staff member
Ah yes, I need to add monsters!

matt.chugg

council initial text

Code:
Welcome, Adventurer. You have arrived at a time of great need. There's a fire extinguisher next you to on the wall there, could you grab that and give my desk a little spritz? Here on the corner, where it's on fire. Good, thank you. That wasn't the great need I mentioned before, but I appreciate it. I don't know if you've noticed, but basically everything is on fire for some reason? We're not sure if it's a climate thing, or an unusually large-scale feat of arson, or... aliens? I dunno, did we forget to pay the no fire bill? God, I'm rambling -- it's so hot in here, I can't even think. Listen, go see if the Toot Oriole has a letter for you or anything, while I drink a bunch of water and put my head in the fridge for a minute. Assuming the Toot is still there, considering he lives in a little pile of dry twigs. No, leave the fire extinguisher here, I might need it.

matt.chugg

Mosquito Quest

Initial:
Code:
Ah you're back, good. I've got a little mission for you -- our science guys want to check on how the local wetlands fauna are dealing with this whole fire business. I told them, probably not great? It probably isn't fun for them? But that wasn't a scientific enough answer, I guess. So they told me to tell you to go find a mosquito larva or something of that nature. Here, I'll mark the place on your map, although you could probably just follow the smell of burning swamp.

In progress:
Code:
Hzezlzlzoz, Azdzvzeznztzuzrzezrz. Wzez-- what? Oh, you'd rather I didn't speak directly into this electric fan? Well, bring me a mosquito larva. Until then, tzozuzgzhz nzozozgzizezsz.

finished:
Code:
You actually found a mosquito larva? Huh, I wouldn't've thought there'd be enough standing water left in the Kingdom for it to be possible for mosquitoes to breed. Great news, everybody -- everything is on fire, but don't worry, the mosquitoes are safe! Yayyyyy. Anyway, I'll have someone deliver this to our science guys. Here's some Meat for your trouble.

matt.chugg

Tavern Quest

First:
Code:
We've received word that the owner of the Typical Tavern, in the Distant Woods, is having a bit of a rat problem. Probably also a fire problem. Probably a real bad fire problem, unless the rumors about him watering down his stock are true. Anyway, when he called us, he said something about rats, not fire, so maybe his fire problem isn't any worse than everywhere else. Or maybe his rat problem is really surprisingly bad. Go check it out, will you? I need to go put some fresh ice in my shorts.

in progress:
Code:
The owner of the Typical Tavern called again, he's still having some kind of rat problem. I asked him about the fire and he said it's making everyone real thirsty, so it's kind of balancing out for him? That's capitalism for you, I guess.

finished:
might have missed this, or does this one just finish when you talk to Bart?

matt.chugg

Boss Bat

First:
Code:
Okay, great, you're back. I've got a proper quest for you this time -- I need you to go to the Bat Hole in the plains, and kill the Boss Bat so that I can move my office into his nice, shady underground cave. Oh, did I say that last part out loud? Ha ha, ignore that. Don't worry about that. Just do the bat thing. Oh, or if you prefer, you could stand here and wave this fan at me for a while. No? Fine, suit yourself.

returning:mad:
Code:
Oh, hey. Did you kill the Boss Bat yet? No? Did you decide to take the job waving a fan at me, instead? Also no? Well, look, c'mon, it's one or the other.

finished:
Code:
So I got a report back that you've successfully killed the Boss Bat! Nice job, great work. Unfortunately, the report also says that his cave is full of bat crap that is on fire, so that ruins my office relocation plans. Sure I can't get you to wave this fan for a bit? It's surprisingly hard to write memos while you're waving a fan with the other hand. Kind of a patting your head while rubbing your stomach sort of deal.

matt.chugg

Knob

start:
Code:
I also have a job for you which is probably of more general importance, although clearly not as important to me personally. The local Goblins over at Cobb's Knob are having similar problems as us with this whole "everything is on fire" situation, but we can't assume they won't take this opportunity to attack us while we're distracted. They're extremely devious and sneaky little bastards, after all. So, we've decided the best course of action is to attack them first, while they're distracted.

All you need to do is sneak into Cobb's Knob, and assassinate their king. If it makes you feel better about it, there's probably a non-zero chance that he's responsible for all this fire. I mean, I wouldn't put it past him. Our spies have recovered this map to a secret entrance into the Knob, but you'll have to find an encryption key to decode it with. Better hurry, this is just regular paper. Could go up any minute.

after key:
Code:
So you got into Cobb's Knob, eh? Great! Is it any cooler in there than up here? No? Well, that's unfortunate. I guess you might as well go ahead and assassinate their king anyway, though. Since you're there already anyway. I mean you aren't there right now, you're in here talking to me. But it's like, what, one or two clicks? No, I don't really know what that means. I don't know why I said that. It's just so hot in here! We ran out of ice ages ago, and they won't let me drink the stuff inside the plastic freezer blocks.

finished
Code:
Thank you for slaying the Goblin King, Adventurer. That'll teach him to go around kinging it up while the rest of us are on fire. Serves him right.

matt.chugg

I've also noticed that the choice adventure decorations are not present on this path, I wonder if something changed in the markup? not really sure how I can help figure that out, here is the markup for the spooky forest choice

Code:
<form style='margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;' name=choiceform1 action=choice.php method=post><input type=hidden name=pwd value='xxxxxxxxxx'><input type=hidden name=whichchoice value=502><input type=hidden name=option value=1><input  class=button type=submit value="Follow the old road"></form><p><form style='margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;' name=choiceform2 action=choice.php method=post><input type=hidden name=pwd value='xxxxxxxxxx'><input type=hidden name=whichchoice value=502><input type=hidden name=option value=2><input  class=button type=submit value="Explore the stream"></form><p><form style='margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;' name=choiceform3 action=choice.php method=post><input type=hidden name=pwd value='xxxxxxxxxx'><input type=hidden name=whichchoice value=502><input type=hidden name=option value=3><input  class=button type=submit value="Brave the dark thicket"></form>

gausie

Staff member
Ok in 20861 I added monsters and 20862 I added council text

Magus_Prime

FYI - There seems to be a KOL bug that hit after rollover. The dropdown to tell Hagnk where to drop water isn't populating. It is NOT a KoLmafia bug.

I sent a bug report to TPTB.

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

Some Monster Manuel entries:
Manuel says that 'Dr. Awkward, who is on fire' (2214) 'Never wins initiative', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'ninja snowman assassin' (1185) has HP 10, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Monster #2216 has name 'Protector Spectre (Wildfire)' but Manuel calls it 'Protector Spectre'

ckb

Minion
Staff member
literal bucket hat should be +5, not +1

Code:
Item    literal bucket hat    Water: +5

ckb

Minion
Staff member
In Wildfire, Mafia records location proxy info fire_level. It ill update this value when visiting Fire Captain Hagnk.
The locations listed by Fire Captain Hagnk are based on available places depending on you current progress and other restrictions. If you do not have the war outfit on, the Battlefield will not show up. If you do not have the Talisman o' Namsilat equipped, Inside the Palindome does not apprear.
Mafia defaults to setting fire_level = 5 if the location is not listed by Hagnk. If you have previously lowered fire_level at a conditional location, Mafia should keep the previous value for any location not listed rather than resetting it to 5.