Upcoming site updates

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
On another board using XenFro there is a multiquote capability that I cannot find here.

Similarly when I reply the quoted portion is not rendered as a quote thus making it easier to edit the quote or copy the metadata.

Capture.JPG

Are these features user settings that I have not figured out or the way things are?

Thank you.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
On another board using XenFro there is a multiquote capability that I cannot find here.

Similarly when I reply the quoted portion is not rendered as a quote thus making it easier to edit the quote or copy the metadata.

View attachment 9940

Are these features user settings that I have not figured out or the way things are?

Thank you.
Wasn't enabled by default, now it is!

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
It looks like the background issue with Veracity's (and previously my) avatar was with transparency. Best I can tell on the XenForo fora, it was related to the version of ImageMagick that was resizing them, and it might be worthwhile to see if you can update IM.

That may also be related to the resizing stopping animated gifs, but I don't see as clear a statement of that being fixed by an update to IM (or a switch to GD, for that matter).

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Tried to upload the IntelliJ style guide:

Code:
Could not open lock file for "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/b/b2/KoLMafia_Style.xml". 
Make sure your upload directory is configured correctly and your web server has permission to write to that directory. 
See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Manual:$wgUploadDirectory for more information.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Tried to upload the IntelliJ style guide:

Code:
Could not open lock file for "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/b/b2/KoLMafia_Style.xml".
Make sure your upload directory is configured correctly and your web server has permission to write to that directory.
See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Manual:$wgUploadDirectory for more information.
Can you try uploading again?

TaPol

Wow looks like you all have been extremely busy getting the new system up to date. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all admin, developers and mods for their endless efforts to make/keep KoLmafia running for our enjoyment. Thanks everyone!!! :):D(y):love:😇

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
If I read these headers correctly, sendgrid.net (kolmafia's provider?) received this on 11/20 and popped it out to rackspace (my provider) on 11/22. You might want to ask them about that.

Code:
Received: from [50.31.63.44] ([50.31.63.44:63793] helo=pnkfpfnc.outbound-mail.sendgrid.net) by smtp32.gate.iad3b.rsapps.net (envelope-from <bounces+1914698-1f06-mcroft=whiterose.org@smtp.kolmafia.us>) (ecelerity 4.2.38.62370 r(:)) with ESMTPS (cipher=AES256-GCM-SHA384)  id 38/23-30546-FE13BBF5; Sun, 22 Nov 2020 22:52:15 -0500

Received: by filterdrecv-p2mdw1-788dc987bd-jdxsk with SMTP id filterdrecv-p2mdw1-788dc987bd-jdxsk-19-5FB80FCA-2 2020-11-20 18:49:46.386801875 +0000 UTC m=+339670.581635374

Received: from kolmafia.us (unknown) by ismtpd0004p1iad2.sendgrid.net (SG) with ESMTP id zZfFUtYsS2CCaTfLYvmGWw for <mcroft@whiterose.org>; Fri, 20 Nov 2020 18:49:46.276 +0000 (UTC)