Bug - Fixed Unable to cook despite having Inigo running when out of turns

Theraze

Ahh... there it is. The function useBoxServants in CreateItemRequest checks if you have adventures left...

It only checks if you have at least 1, not if you have enough to actually craft the item, in cases of difficult crafts, so checking for > 4 turns of Inigo should make that work the same way for Inigo as adventures. Not a guarantee of success, but the only thing it has is box servant, and clockwork, not the actual item being crafted or how many adventures will be called upon, so...

And... code still compiles. Here's a new patch.

Attachments

• InigoAdventures.patch
    2 KB · Views: 34

Winterbay

That worked a lot better. Mafia just crafted 2 fuzzbumps with 10 turns of Inigo active and no turns left without complaining at all :)

Theraze

So... at what point of people testing can we claim this as a success and petition it to be committed to source?

Winterbay

Dunno. I've been using it for a while and it seems to be working fine. The only strangeness I've seen is that if I enqueue the drinks to make first and then cast Inigo it will still show that it will take x turns to craft them but I can live with that :)

Theraze

I don't think it refreshes the list after they're queued... my guess is that the same issue happens with box servants, if you create them after queueing your consumptives.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
OK. After Bale's comment here I figured I'd better take a look at it. If nothing happens I will commit it tomorrow after I've burned some of my turns with it. If anyone has been running it and found problems please let me know ASAP so I can not commit and give Theraze another whack at it ;-)

Theraze

Guessing that Winterbay's report about the crafting display not updating is the same issue reported regarding adventure yields when crafting without box servants... the display updates when you originally check, doesn't refresh every time something changes, so if you have a roll in the hay in your inventory, quaff it, and check the average on another, it says you'll gain 1 higher then the average on the other fruity drinks, since it's still using the old/original data. But that's an issue with the display refreshing (or not), not actually tied into the Inigo patch.

Quietust

A somewhat annoying variant of this problem is still present: if I check "require in-a-boxes" (and uncheck auto-repair) and attempt to cocktailcraft without a bartender, it will refuse even if Inigo's Incantation is active with sufficient turns.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
A somewhat annoying variant of this problem is still present: if I check "require in-a-boxes" (and uncheck auto-repair) and attempt to cocktailcraft without a bartender, it will refuse even if Inigo's Incantation is active with sufficient turns.

Welcome. For future reference you probably never want to use the word "annoying" in a post here.

I don't see what you are reporting as a problem. You selected require-in-a-boxes so you require boxes. Doesn't matter whether you have Inigo's or not. You might consider making a new Feature Request but I'm not quite sure how I would phrase it. Change "require-in-a-box" to mean require a box servant or active turns of Inigo's in order to craft, perhaps?

Regardless, tacking on to a Fixed Bug is unlikely to be noticed unless someone else decides this is a continuation of the same bug and marks it unfixed. Clearly my opinion is that it is a new request but I don't care of someone else feels otherwise. I am just noting that the devs do not usually search Fixed bugs looking for things to work on ;-)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
By that strict definition, the items shouldn't show up as creatable (which is how it used to work), so it seems that the intent was to shift it toward "don't use turns". I've noticed this before, but I never cared enough to make/bump a thread about it.