Think I might have messed something up again :(

I see this when I log in and watch the GCLI:

svn: E155007: '/Users/jonathankitchens/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/svn/.DS_Store' is not a working copy

It says it at 2 different times if that makes a difference.

roippi

Developer
Yet Another Dropbox Sync Issue, if I had to guess.

You need to nuke your svn/ folder and re-install stuff. Or do a dropbox rollback thingie, however that works.

I deleted my dropbox on accident a few days ago, guess I need to download it again? I never used it so when it said something about it later I just left it alone.

Fluxxdog

To be honest, I've encountered too many problem with using cloud drives and mafia. There always seems to be a syncing issue sprouting up somewhere in the service. I just put mafia on a portable hard drive that I always carry around now. Consider it :)

/newb "ON"
how exactly do I go about doing that as the prospect of being able to take my profile to other computers at friends houses (I'm assuming this is how it would work) and not having to always bring my laptop would be awesome! It would also be a huge plus to have just a small external HD dedicated to Mafia so I could easily go through my files and learn what I'm doing better.

/newb "OFF"

What size HD would you recommend, and is there any certain brands you would steer clear of? I'll just grab whatever Western Digital 120gb if it doesn't matter.

Magus_Prime

Given that my entire Mafia folder, with almost seven years of cruft and logs is less than 1 GB almost any small USB flash drive should work.

Theraze

Really? Less than a year of logs for me is over 800 megs. The 3 years before that was only 1.3 gigs, but... still. 400 megs of active files in the mafia folder, ignoring the sessions entirely and without any major debug logs.

A few gigs should be good. Depending on how active you are and if you ever manage to get those pesky bugs that make huge debug logs...

Winterbay

Really? Less than a year of logs for me is over 800 megs. The 3 years before that was only 1.3 gigs, but... still. 400 megs of active files in the mafia folder, ignoring the sessions entirely and without any major debug logs.

A few gigs should be good. Depending on how active you are and if you ever manage to get those pesky bugs that make huge debug logs...

All my logs since 2012 are roughly 1 GB. And then I zipped them so they take up like 40MB instead...

Magus_Prime

I took a more detailed look and I was overstating it a bit because I forgot that I haven't been using KoLMafia that long. My log folder, with 4 years and 3 months of session logs is 600 MB and everything else is 497 MB.

That's with one active account and one mall-multi.

Fluxxdog

I have a portable hard drive that I carry portable version of programs around with me, like Eclipse and Notepad++. I even carry 32 and 64 bit JDKs in case a computer I come across doesn't have Java. It's all preference. Size up your options and make an educated choice ^^ Just keep in mind you need to make sure your mafia uses the portable HD directory and not the computer's HD.

Theraze

Blame a GMOB combat infinite loop for my 17 meg session log for 20130720. And a maximizer loop for the 14 meg session log for 20140227. Different maximizer loop caused the 13 meg session log on 20140121. A failed castle ground-floor unlocking due to semi-rare caused the 6 meg session log on 20130912. The random list goes on. :)

But an average day's session logs for me are about 450k per character per day. If you use chattier scripts, your logs may be bigger. If you use less automation or lower verbosity, your logs may be much, much smaller. :)

Winterbay

I tend to edit away infinite loops from my logs when I notice them since they make reading the log horrible...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
To be honest, I've encountered too many problem with using cloud drives and mafia. There always seems to be a syncing issue sprouting up somewhere in the service. I just put mafia on a portable hard drive that I always carry around now. Consider it :)

I have been synching my mafia folder with Dropbox for quite some time with none of the noted issues. I elected to do this because the performance hit was noticeable running off a flash drive. The last time I copied mafia to a thumb drive it was a 15 minute operation, admittedly because of cached images and an effective transfer rate that was being dominated by the number of files, not the number of bytes, but Dropbox remains the best solution of choice for me.

I note that there have been problems with SourceForge and mafia accessing github and I think some corruption problems that have been attributed to Dropbox may have a different cause.

I never actually set up my dropbox and have no idea how to use it so I don't understand how that started causing an issue for me :( If you guys don't mind I'm putting up my log-in GCLI just to make sure the rest is correctly working and so you can teach me a little more about what it actually means:

Updating all SVN projects...
svn: E155007: '/Users/jonathankitchens/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/svn/.DS_Store' is not a working copy
Done.
almighty-saplings-ash-trunk-planner is at HEAD (r98)
bale-advisor is at HEAD (r25)
bale-new-life is at HEAD (r17)
bale-ocd is at HEAD (r27)
bale-relay-manor_unlockInfo is at HEAD (r44)
bale-relay-shore is at HEAD (r44)
bale-relay-topmenu is at HEAD (r44)
bale-relay-woods_questStart is at HEAD (r44)
bumcheekascend-bumcheekascend is at HEAD (r474)
bumcheekascend-bumdread is at HEAD (r474)
Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release is at HEAD (r143)
guyymafia-buttonfrenzy is at HEAD (r127)
guyymafia-lootbot is at HEAD (r127)
guyymafia-porkfuture is at HEAD (r127)
kolmafiascripts-cfstat is at HEAD (r2)
kolmafiascripts-dcq is at HEAD (r3)
mafia-harvest is at HEAD (r18)
mafia-harvest-data is at HEAD (r3)
mafiachit is at HEAD (r138)
mafiarecovery is at HEAD (r9)
missingmanuel-trunk is at HEAD (r11)
psychoseamatic is at HEAD (r11)
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-better_trainer-trunk is at HEAD (r34)
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-enhanced_inventory_spoilers-trunk is at HEAD (r34)
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-fax_tell-trunk is at HEAD (r34)
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-task_list-trunk is at HEAD (r34)
therazekolmafia-eatdrink is at HEAD (r20)
towerchecker is at HEAD (r8)
winterbay-mafia-autobasement is at HEAD (r32)
winterbay-mafia-farm is at HEAD (r16)
zlib is at HEAD (r20)

There is a little more before that but I understand it all and there is a little after it and it is also very easy to figure out. So can you briefly tell me what "HEAD" and the "(r#s)" mean?

Fluxxdog

I have been synching my mafia folder with Dropbox for quite some time with none of the noted issues.
I would occasionally get a conflict in my Dropbox, probably because I could switch computers at a moment's notice where I work and Dropbox hadn't caught up yet. It wasn't frequent, but just bothered me enough to want a different solution. Especially if I burn some of my turns at home and then finish off at work. It's definitely a YMMV scenario.
So can you briefly tell me what "HEAD" and the "(r#s)" mean?
If something is at HEAD, that mean's it's already the latest version. There have been no new updates since the last. The (r#) tells you what version it is. For example, zlib is at revision 20.

So it's basically just running through everything I have and letting me know they are up to date and what version... sweet :D That's what I had been assuming but I wasn't totally sure.

Theraze

The .DS_Store error might be due to browsing and looking at it with a Mac. Maybe. It's one of those things where I don't have that problem, but based on past experiences...