Bug - Fixed The maximizer ignores -tie?

ereinion

The maximizer suggests equipment changes, although they do not improve the maximizer score and I have "-tie" included in the maximizer-string. Not a big issue, as I'll have other modifiers included most of the time, but I think this shouldn't happen? I already have equipment in all the slots the maximizer suggests changes for, if that matters.

Screenshot 2021-12-30 123056.png

Last edited by a moderator:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
You may want to consider using +current instead of and/or in addition to -tie, but that said, I don't think that will actually work today.

"current - By default Maximizer considers your current equipment in Hardcore and Ronin. With -current keyword it does not, with +current keyword in aftercore it forces it to be considered. Not considering current equipment will reduce the number of combinations considered, but will sometimes mean changes of equipment are suggested even though they don't improve what you are wearing."

(This specific example is weird because there's no reason to run maximization when you just want to equip a specific outfit but not affect anything else.)

This is controlled by the hardcoded tiebreaker in MaximizerSpeculation.compareTo and cannot be overridden otherwise -- in particular, it's preferring items that drop items / meat.

(In its entirety, in order: prefer success, higher score, lower B count in Bees Hate You, item droppers, meat droppers, tiebreaker unless -tie is used, rollover effects, unbreakables, gear that's already equipped if it's considered)

It might make sense to inline these additional modifiers into the tiebreaker expression (in Evaluator.java), but that would require adding handling of "optional" boolean modifiers. We could also change "Drops Items" and "Drops Meat" to be numeric modifiers (which would be more flexible, although it could break some weird existing workflows).

ereinion

Thanks, however there still seems to be an issue in r26096. Current offhand is brimstone bludgeon btw.
Screenshot 2022-01-07 235837.png

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I haven't bothered to try and reproduce them but I see a lot of cases where the maximizer tries to equip something that is already equipped in the other hand when there is only one available. I do tend to do just a simple maximization - just one thing to maximize.

ereinion

I have 3 of the bludgeon, which makes it even weirder that it wants to unequip one in order to put it in the offhand. And I am just maximizing for one thing in the example posted?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I think this is a separate bug, but I'm not sure what it is yet.

"steal" suggests it's trying to take it from the disembodied hand. Is it just a display issue, or does it actually remove your familiar equipment? What does Mafia think is the state of your equipment + inventory at the time? (the output of `equip; inv brimstone` should be sufficient)

ereinion

I was wondering if it might have to do with it checking against the left-handed man, in which case the disembodied hand wouldn't need the bludgeon? But even so using a bludgeon wouldn't improve the score over the bunker...

Anyway, I can't seem to reproduce this today, so it may have something to do with the inventory being out of sync as you suggest...