New Content - Implemented The Haunted Sorority House

slyz

Developer
Winterbay reported the same kind of bug, but I was unable to reproduce it.

And instead of figuring out the current state of the windows, why not set it to the state you want them to be in?

stannius

I have the main floor choice set to "raise area ML, then mass kill skeletons/zombies". Sometimes it seems to get stuck on kill skeletons. And that seems to happen when skeletons are gone, meaning that I end up with a lot of skipped NC's. Has anyone else seen this?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes. But, I'm not sure what, if anything, could be done to solve that.

Does it track whether such-and-such a monster is gone from the current instance? It prints it out, but setting a variable would seem dangerous, since the instance could be reset between the turn in which you set the variable and the very next turn you run. I would guess that the mechanism for determining which of skeletons/zombies it chooses to mass kill is using whichever of chainsaw chain/funhouse mirror you have the most of. If you have more mirrors than chains, it will go for skeletons - even if there are no more skeletons in this instance.

I'm not sure that CAN be fixed, since even if we noticed "there are no more skeletons", when do we reset that and decide "maybe there are more skeletons"?

I'll defer to slyz to comment on this - and, perhaps, correct what I just said. :)

Darzil

Developer
I used that setting, and had it stick on skeletons when both zombies and skeletons were left. No idea if that was working as intended, and didn't matter, as nothing was lost.

If Mafia was going to detect them being missed, best way would be to recognise the message when you try to mass kill, and get a different message. It doesn't use up the item or take a turn when that happens.

slyz

Developer
What do you get when you type "get choiceAdventure550" in the gCLI?
How many chainsaw chains and funhouse mirrors did you have?

slyz

Developer
Oh, the question was meant for stannius, I missed Veracity's post.

Yes, when Mafia is set to one of the options that masskills skeletons/zombies, it will choose zombies if you have more chainsaws, and skeletons otherwise. The messages printed are there so users can stop Mafia and change the setting once one of the two monsters is extinct.

We don't track whether monsters are extinct because they can become unextinct in several ways that Mafia doesn't track (clan hopping, dungeon reset).

Yes. But, I'm not sure what, if anything, could be done to solve that.

Does it track whether such-and-such a monster is gone from the current instance? It prints it out, but setting a variable would seem dangerous, since the instance could be reset between the turn in which you set the variable and the very next turn you run. I would guess that the mechanism for determining which of skeletons/zombies it chooses to mass kill is using whichever of chainsaw chain/funhouse mirror you have the most of. If you have more mirrors than chains, it will go for skeletons - even if there are no more skeletons in this instance.

I'm not sure that CAN be fixed, since even if we noticed "there are no more skeletons", when do we reset that and decide "maybe there are more skeletons"?

I'll defer to slyz to comment on this - and, perhaps, correct what I just said. :)

Would it be possible to have it, if it's set to "mass kill both", just auto-switch the NonCombat setting to mass kill the other when it notices one is extinct? This wouldn't change any variable except for the current adventure settings which could be easily switched back at the start of a new run.

stanley

Okay, so I've been out of touch with mafia functionality for a while, but I have a simple CCS of
Code:
[ ghost ]
1: item ghost trap  
2: skill saucegeyser
which works great when I have traps on-hand, otherwise I get "Could not match item(s) for use: use 5308You twiddle your thumbs." and the internal round counter gets thrown off by one:
Encounter: Billie Richleston-Marriott, the Sexy Political Theorist Ghost
Strategy: C:\Program Files (x86)\bob\daily\dist\ccs\castlesniff.ccs [ghost]
Round 0: stanley wins initiative!
Round 1: stanley executes a macro!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
You're on your own, partner.

Feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

[edit] okay, I had just assumed that if you didn't have the item, CS would drop through to the next line. looks like this is what I needed; had no idea this was necessary nor possible. neat.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
The Combat Macro that is submitted by Mafia aborts if you don't have the item you wanted to use. If you want to circumvent this, use:
Code:
[ ghost ]
if hascombatitem ghost trap
    "use ghost trap"
endif
skill saucegeyser

Winterbay

Yep, you need to change that to something along the lines of
Code:
[ghost]
if hascombatitem 5308
use 5308