summary to text document?

I've been using the session, summary, and encounters commands to track various things in a text document but I'm having trouble with the summary command. The summary command works as expected when just typed in the gCLI, but when I use it to record to a text file, it doesn't work. The following CLI commands create a text document called char_record.txt with session info and encounters info, but no summary info!?

cli_execute("session char_record.txt");
cli_execute("summary char_record.txt");
cli_execute("encounters char_record.txt");

Is the summary command treated differently? How can I record the summary info to the text document as well?

Last edited:

Spiny

Summary doesn't appear to be correctly outputting its data when used the way you're trying to. It is creating the file, but the data isn't getting there it seems.

-Spiny

jasonharper

Developer
Bug, fixed in r7513. "summary" was interpreting the parameter as both a filename and a filter, so it would only have recorded any char_record.txts that you gained or lost during the session.

Okay, I just checked this today and I still can't seem to get it to work.
When I type summary in the gCLI it works:

> summary

Advs Used: 1
Meat Gained: 168
Substats: 12 / 11 / 3
Fullstats: 0 / 0 / 0
tiny house

However, when I type summary char_record.txt into the gCLI it creates the text document, but it's blank. The encounters & session commands both print to a text document fine though?

Nevermind, I have no clue what I was doing wrong, but it is in fact working for me now! Thanks for the fast implementation jason!!