Bug - Waiting for Info Strange result from the Modifier Maximizer

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'll chime in with my new found ignorance/knowledge.

Since the osity items are not additive in the sense that wearing multiples of the same item increases the osity compared to one, they have to be treated differently. This different treatment makes them bitmap modifiers which should suggest to a particular flavor of geek a data structure that is most concerned whether items in a fixed set are present or absent but any more than one of an item is irrelevant.

The only osity goal the maximizer supports is achieving the threshold. There is, as far as I know no game mechanic that behaves differently if the osity is above or below the target value. Thus there is no game value in in anything other than all or nothing.

That said, I often use the Maximizer to tell me how close I am to some goal and that is not something easily supported by a bitmap.

It would be helpful to have an understanding of the circumstances under which the maximizer will display "FAIL" on a goal with osity. My presumption is that Current: FAIL means your current outfit does not meet the goal and that Predicted: FAIL means that the maximizer cannot find any changes that would meet the goal.

Theraze

Personally, I use the gCLI.

maximize? 7 raveosity (fail)
maximize? 6 raveosity (fail)
maximize? 5 raveosity (success)

Okay... I need 2 more raveosity...

Well, I'm out of Ronin again, but I can't repeat the results I was getting before (but I'm a different class, and not even sure what my stats were before…). Anyway, if I get weird results in the future, I'll know to do that "dump" command so I've got more data to bring to my report.