New Content - Implemented Stinkpalm damage is not being recognized

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I think something like the attached patch should work for disabling the weapon/offhand slots in the Gear Changer. I tested the code by forcing mafia to think I'm in a fist run.

Below is the HTML for damage dealt by some of the skills (the ones that mafia didn't already pick up).

You make a fist and squeeze so tightly that time speeds up inside of it. You open the fist and slap your opponent, wiping <font color="green"><b>150</b></font> months worth of concentrated palm sweat on it.

<p>You concentrate all of your body heat into your fist, then shake it at your opponent. The resulting fireball sears him for <font color="red"><b>10428</b></font> damage. Hadouken!</p>

You punch your opponent in the neck, rerouting his vitality away from his brain via the careful pressure-based manipulation of his chi circuits. It's complicated, but it deals <font color="blue"><b>49</b></font> damage.

Attachments

• fistcoreGearChanger.patch
    4.1 KB · Views: 22

Terion

I noticed this when fighting Cyrpt monsters in the relay browser, and the remaining HP listing was not dropping. Here's the CLI output while I was fighting a dirty old lihc:
Code:
[257] Defiled Niche
Encounter: dirty old lihc
Round 0: Terion wins initiative!
Round 1: Terion tries to steal an item!
Round 2: dirty old lihc takes 10 damage.
You lose 30 hit points
Round 2: Terion casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 3: Terion casts STATIC SHOCK!
Round 4: dirty old lihc takes 6 damage.
You gain 6 Mojo Points
Round 4: Your opponenþ€ 20 GOTO 20 ¬¶Ugh! Eek! Ooh! Eek! Ooh! Oof! You lose 65535 hit po‰© You lose 0 hit points.
Round 4: Terion casts STINKPALM!
Round 5: As your opponent prepares to attack, 20 GOTO 20 Error: Unexpected ')' in fight.php line 4492
Round 5: Terion casts DRUNKEN BABY STYLE!
Round 6: dirty old lihc takes 59 damage.
Round 6: Terion wins the fight!
After Battle: Either way, your Evilometer beeps three times.
After Battle: 20 GOTO 20 gives you a weird, lopsided grin. What's weird about it is that you can even tell, considering the ski-mask he's wearing.You gain ¤±You gain «You g¢
You gain 10 Muscleboundness
You gain 6 Wizardliness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 29 Chutzpah

Yeah, I was using a BBBugbear, so ignore the odd messages. Mafia never noticed the damage from a stenchpalm, even when the BBB was quite for all rounds around the use of the skill, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't the BBB's fault.

The text of a stinkpalm attack (the number was green, as it's a stench attack):

You make a fist and squeeze so tightly that time speeds up inside of it. You open the fist and slap your opponent, wiping 84 months worth of concentrated palm sweat on him.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention: this was happening with the most recent build, r9769.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Technically, this is a duplicate of lost's report, over in the big "WotSF" New Content thread - except that he also reports the message for two other skills we don't detect yet. However, since I closed that thread as "implemented", I'll let this thread live to deal with this issue. I will copy in lost's post and mark this one as "New Content".