StDoodle's Custom Daily Deeds

StDoodle

Minion
CustomDaily 2.3

Attention: README

The bump to version 2.3 is to bring to your attention the fact that this version is not only unsupported, but could conceivably produce undesirable results. While this isn't likely, I'm removing this script at this point and instead suggesting all users try the newer Relay Version.

If you absolutely, positively prefer using your current version, please edit the script's version to 2.3 and enjoy.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The name you're after is Zarqon. I'll have to give this a try once it's uploaded. I've actually been editing the daily deeds file to add and remove stuff as I see fit (especially for things like astral mushrooms when I have no badger), so this seems like a nice script.

StDoodle

Minion
The name you're after is Zarqon.

I have no idea what you're talking about... ;)

I'll have to give this a try once it's uploaded. I've actually been editing the daily deeds file to add and remove stuff as I see fit (especially for things like astral mushrooms when I have no badger), so this seems like a nice script.

Glad to hear! It may be a while; I have unpredictable fits & spurts of free time; I'm really hoping it will be ready for testing within 48 hours, though. (Also, I sux at teh coding, which slows things down.)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
In the relay override script, the include has ../scripts/. Is that actually needed, or will it just cause problems for someone that wants to put the script in a subdirectory in the scripts folder?

Kirkpatrick

Looking good, StD!

Minor bug report in the current version: I can't seem to get the Boulder's rays listed the way I'm setting them up. Picking:
"yes yes no" for shows all three.
"no yes no" shows red and blue.
"no no yes" shows none of them.
"yes no yes" shows just the yellow.

I'm choosing "yes" for all the other familiar options. Running r8089 though, if that's an issue. More poking can easily be done if requested, when I'm not dead tired!

StDoodle

Minion
Looking good, StD!

Minor bug report in the current version: I can't seem to get the Boulder's rays listed the way I'm setting them up.

Yup, bug; the values were being set correctly, but the reporting function had the wrong numbers for 2 of 4 blue-ray combos. Should be fixed in v1.0 (to be uploaded shortly).

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Gotta love the CHEAT option. Although... [I suppose you could add a few lines to figure out the actual autosell value of the player's entire inventory... make it seem a bit more realistic, y'know?]

StDoodle

Minion
Gotta love the CHEAT option. Although... [I suppose you could add a few lines to figure out the actual autosell value of the player's entire inventory... make it seem a bit more realistic, y'know?]

Yeah, that thing already takes up far more code than it should... that's what happens when you go too long without sleep and discuss your project in /clan. ;)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I got bored. Heh.
Code:
int[item] invent = get_inventory();
record autosell{
	item it;
	string a;
	string b;
	int sell;
};
autosell[item] trade;
file_to_map("tradeitems.txt",trade);
int tot=0;
foreach i in invent{tot=tot+trade[i].sell*invent[i];}
That yields tot, which is the total autosell value of your inventory. Have fun! xD

StDoodle

Minion
That yields tot, which is the total autosell value of your inventory. Have fun! xD

Except that, near as I can tell (and I tried a clean install of KoLmafia to check, in case my settings were borked), "tradeitems.txt" doesn't exist by default. I'm kind of hesitant to make an additional data file a script requirement just for added detail on a joke easter egg.

But the thought is appreciated!

jasonharper

Developer
It's possible that KoLmafia is now at a point where that's merely useless advice, rather than outright dangerous...

You don't need an explicit copy of tradeitems.txt to be able to read it into a map, because it's one of the built-in data files. You don't need to read it into a map in the first place, because there's an autosell_price(item) function already.

StDoodle

Minion
It's possible that KoLmafia is now at a point where that's merely useless advice, rather than outright dangerous...

Which was why I was, to say the least, "hesitant" to add that to my script. ;)

You don't need an explicit copy of tradeitems.txt to be able to read it into a map, because it's one of the built-in data files. You don't need to read it into a map in the first place, because there's an autosell_price(item) function already.

For future reference, is there a list anywhere of such files which can be imported via file_to_map() even though they don't exist as text files in /data? Could be quite useful, but I haven't run across such information in my many trips through the wiki etc.

TeKRunneR

Little bug report, the clan section doesn't seem to appear in the relay override table (at least not if the only thing to display there is the VIP pool buff).

StDoodle

Minion
Little bug report, the clan section doesn't seem to appear in the relay override table (at least not if the only thing to display there is the VIP pool buff).

Nope, it never would. When I moved the clan stuff around to its own category, I forgot to add that in to the relay override script; good catch! Relay override script updated.