New Content - Implemented Spookyraven Revamp

Darzil

Developer
Mafia should set questM17Babies to "started" when it sees the following...
r14074 does that, and your other requests, and a few other things, to improve spookyraven quests tracking.
It doesn't handle the L11 quest stuff.

zekaonar

I recently upgraded to 14082 and now mafia says You can't get to that area yet. when I try to adventure in the spookyraven zones. Manually adventuring in the 3rd floor seems to fix some of the tracking, but manually adventuring in the basement doesn't seem to fix that. What property/status do I have to set to fix this? Bales relay seems to detect all the proper unlock statuses.

Darzil

Developer
There isn't yet any detection in the basement. visiting manor on second/third floor in relay browser should fix quest statuses, as should visiting quest log. I'm suspecting some of that isn't working quite right. Can you give me the text from your quest logs so I can check that? Nothing has yet been set up for basement, I guess I can add verification that you've done Dance and Necklace quests if you are there, though.

zekaonar

Completed:

In a Manor of Spooking
You defeated Lord Spookyraven and recovered the Eye of Ed. Huzzah!

In progress:

Lady Spookyraven's Babies
Gather up Lady Spookyraven's babies on the third floor of Spookyraven Manor.

I have access to all spookyraven zones.

zekaonar

So what can be done to allow adventuring in the basement? I think I would prefer if mafia just allowed the user to adventure there and then quit if it couldn't rather than blocking off these zones.

Theraze

At very least, you need to finish the questM21Dance quest. Since that unlocks the Ballroom, which you need to adventure in to unlock the cellar.

I'm a fan of mafia saving server hits by not having you adventure in zones that are actually locked. I'm also a fan of it not locking you out of zones that are actually available until its detection of those zones is actually as close to bulletproof as possible, including multiple ways to recover, such as adventuring there in the relay browser using previous adventure, seeing the zone unlocked in the relay browser, and checking in the quest log to see that you have indeed unlocked the zone.

What might be useful for the user would be documenting when a new zone-lock happens including what is supposed to unlock it and what is supposed to fix it if they've done some adventuring in vanilla KoL or a different mafia installation.

Darzil

Developer
So what can be done to allow adventuring in the basement? I think I would prefer if mafia just allowed the user to adventure there and then quit if it couldn't rather than blocking off these zones.

Where can't you adventure? I don't think there are any checks on the basement zones? Or have I got something wrong?

Darzil

Developer
Aha, Veracity fixed this in r14093, and it was the wine cellar you were trying to get to, and it wasn't letting you as it was redirecting to the old zones? So a fix that hadn't yet been made to address KoL changes, rather than something odd in what I added. Worked ok with Veracity's fix, the other basement zones worked beforehand.

Theraze

Suppose since it's related, I should point this out.
> bounty

Visiting the Bounty Hunter Hunter...
TypeBountyMonsterLocation
EasyNo bounty available
HardAccept and get 20 distintegrating corksskeletal sommelierThe Haunted Wine Cellar (automatic)
SpecialAccept and get 13 cubes of pixellated ashesrage flameAnger Man's Level
It's a bit hard to read, since the table doesn't paste well, but mafia believes that the place for the disintegrating cork bounty is the automatic Wine Cellar. Since that doesn't actually exist anymore, it should probably be replaced with just the Haunted Wine Cellar. :)

adeyke

Mafia is missing this recipe:
ancient oil painting of yourself meat-pasted with ornate picture frame gives picture of you

zekaonar

demon summoning bug

> make scroll of ancient forbidden unspeakable evil

Verifying ingredients for scroll of ancient forbidden unspeakable evil (1)...
Creating scroll of ancient forbidden unspeakable evil (1)...
You acquire an item: scroll of ancient forbidden unspeakable evil
Successfully created scroll of ancient forbidden unspeakable evil (1)
Encounter: Summoning Chamber

> demons

1:
=> Found in the Summoning Chamber
=> Gives Pies
2: Aba'zielzel
=> Found in the Spooky Forest
=> Gives Preternatural Greed
3:
=> Found in the Sonofa Beach
=> Gives Fit To Be Tide
4:
=> Found in the Deep Fat Friars' Gate
=> Gives Big Flaming Whip
5: Red-vug-ach
=> Found in the Haunted Bathroom
=> Gives Demonic Taint
6: Tatter
=> Gives pile of smoking rags
7: Ak'gyxoth
=> Gives Drinks
8: Oo Golbeeldur
=> Found in the Nemesis' Lair
=> Gives Existential Torment
9:
=> Found in the Sinister Ancient Tablet
=> Gives Burning, Man
10:
=> Found in the Strange Cube
=> Gives The Pleasures of the Flesh

> summon 2

Summoning Aba'zielzel...
Requests complete.

Using 1 disintegrating quill pen doesn't make anything interesting.

I have all the ingredients to summon in my inventory, but summoning from the CLI doesn't seem to be working. I used the relay client and was able to successfully summon Aba'zielzel.

Fluxxdog

The summoning has been on the list for a while. Post #30 contains the relevant info and the devs haven't mentioned needing anything else. It's just on the list of things to do. Patience ^^

Can't summon from maximizer pane

I was trying to maximize meat for the Nuns, and it said "Summon2 (+100)" when I clicked execute on it I saw in the CLI:

1072 combinations checked, best score 870.00
Summoning Fun Baalfoo...
Maximizing...
1072 combinations checked, best score 870.00

But then I went to the chamber manually in the relay browser and typed in "Fun Baalfoo" and saw this:

You acquire an effect: Preternatural Greed (duration: 30 Adventures)

So perhaps the URL of the summoning chamber needs to be fixed after the content update for this purpose?

Bale

Minion
That's just a subset of the known issue that mafia cannot summon. I've merged your bug report into this thread. Because:
The summoning has been on the list for a while. Post #30 contains the relevant info and the devs haven't mentioned needing anything else. It's just on the list of things to do. Patience ^^

Once that issue is solved, we'll be able to mark this thread as implemented. Finally.

Edit:
Scroll your eyes up and examine the post directly above yours.

He didn't quite make that error. You discovered his post after I merged the threads. I've been ninja'ed.