Sots Parcel.ash script request

snooty

I can't do much, but whenever shit pops off I can always let you know about it ;) Speaking of which, it gets...weird...when Oil Peak is the target area. More than once I've gotten a "Nemesis lair" not available....like...what?! These things have 0 relation, made me chuckle though, so there's that. Let me know if there's anything else I can do!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Trivial status reports help me maintain accountability. I have refactored things (no change in operations, just where), used vprops for a preference and discovered that if I want to allow a set of "don't go there" locations if I use the features that are in vprops the implementation is easy. The next update will require you to manually install vprops if it's not there already.

The core problem - KoL using a location name that is not one that KoLmafia uses remains unsolved. I could do it this afternoon but my first implementation seems inelegant and kludgy and I don't have all the data I think I will need. The good news is that I will trust the feedback when I finally make a PR.

snooty

A small bit of weirdness today, got Oil Peak, script handled it without issue. Got the Haunted Bathroom, which it has done before without issue, but today I got the "Nemesis lair" message. Maybe it's "freaking out" when it can't connect to the server? I really have no clue what could cause this situation.

So, vprops...I have no real idea what that is/does, should be fun!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Accountability is a PITA. So is real life.

If a list of locations as a preference is as simple as I expect it to be - have not tested my knowledge yet - then I will probably add a list of places that might need prep. If a location on the list shows up, stop, tell the user and then have the user make changes and run again, I got Dr. W. on Conspiracy Island and was so glad I had not disabled the consult script but if I had known I was going there I would have confirmed my CCS.

snooty

So, I just got the ziggurat today. Once the hidden temple stuff is completed, and you can no longer adv at the ziggurat, wouldn't this be a bug on KoL's end? Why would the sot send us some place we literally can not adv in?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
So, I just got the ziggurat today. Once the hidden temple stuff is completed, and you can no longer adv at the ziggurat, wouldn't this be a bug on KoL's end? Why would the sot send us some place we literally can not adv in?
It is a KoL bug and I have reported it as such. We'll see :) Maybe if they hear it twice?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Go to "report bug".
Fill out the form.

Perhaps you will luck out and it will be acknowledged and, maybe even fixed?
Good luck!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Been running with the PR and it works. It only changes things for the Hippy Camp and Frat House so there is no urgency to get it out there, although that would be nice. Script is similarly working as expected. I need to add some features and think about hosting.

snooty

Well color me surprised!

From CDMoyer (#599619) [reply] [quoted]
Date: Thursday, June 01, 2023, 05:10PM
This should be fixed! Sorry about that.

-CDM

> The bug is in the Sot's Parcel quest, not possible that it's KoLmafia. The Sot has sent one of my accounts to the Massive Ziggurat after Hidden City quest completion, it's literally impossible to adv at the ziggurat once the quest is done.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Well color me surprised!

:)

South of the Border might be another candidate to avoid.

I keep finding distractions - discovered a character had missed two HC Standard runs I thought were done - but I still have a to do list I want to work on :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
A trivial update, dated June 1:
Thank you. Missed that. Do we know how it works? If it means KoL will generate a place, verify accessibility and generate a new place if it is not accessible then I expect everything will work as is. But if KoLmafia somehow gets told of an inaccessible place I'm not sure that will be detected and corrected.

Minor tweaks .

I need to bite the bullet and figure out what makes sense for a list of locations and then implement it. A minimalist approach would be a list of "don't go there" locations. If the location is in the list then the script does not adventure there. The user would then have to edit the list or do the quest manually. A more fiddly approach would be to have a stop once list. If the location appears the script won't run the first time but if the script is rerun it won't stop again. This would be for places the user wants special handling - change outfit, mode or CCS before going there. I am unlikely to use either but that is because I only have one speakeasy and I'm inclined to just burn the turns and get the cap. The alternative would be to look at the price of the cap drinks and decide how many turns makes economic sense.

Attachments

• Sot.ash
    1.5 KB · Views: 8

snooty

Okay, so, that didn't work. Guess that's why I could never get Gingerbread city to work. I have no idea where all these copies are, we have had drives die over the years of course, could be my other half copied stuff willy nilly in a panic or something? Anyway, having looked at that link for vprops, I think it might be way too far over my head anyway, so, I reverted to the last update you posted.
too many matches for vprops.ash:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Okay, so, that didn't work. Guess that's why I could never get Gingerbread city to work. I have no idea where all these copies are, we have had drives die over the years of course, could be my other half copied stuff willy nilly in a panic or something? Anyway, having looked at that link for vprops, I think it might be way too far over my head anyway, so, I reverted to the last update you posted.

You can just put the attached file in the scripts directory and then you should be able to use the more recent version. This tells me that I should place greater importance on hosting it so that updates can be automatic and dependencies found and installed as needed.

Stand by.

If your Gingerbread City comment is about looking for a parcel then then it might be interesting to hear what you remember since I don't have permanent access so the script might need something. If it is about making another script work then we can walk you through installation and running if you want.

Attachments

• vprops.ash
    35.8 KB · Views: 5

snooty

I don't have time to rejigger things today, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. And no, I meant Gingerbreadcity.ash that Veracity made. I usually wait a while after things come out before exploring them so scripts can get made ;) I've got two accounts working on the things involved there, I can send you the counterfeit city to whichever testing account you'd like, just name it or send me a kmail from it.

As far as Sot gingerbread quests, those are fine as long as you have the choiceadvs set.

snooty

The fixed ziggurat issue isn't actually fixed. Sent in the report, fingers crossed!

So, it seems I downloaded some script that put a copy of vprops in my generic "scripts" folder. In addition to the one that lived in the folder with Veracity's meat farming script (haven't gotten around to trying that one out yet either). I put vprops.ash where sot.ash lives, and they are now enjoying wedded scripty bliss.

Now that I've had more time to read/absorb, I'd love some help with the gingerbread script when you have time! And when I have time to give it a go again, Thur. or Fri., most likely.