SmartStasis -- a complex script for a simple CCS

MHoP

I have KOL Mafia build 9501, the latest smartstasis, bat brain and zlib, but I keep getting this error:

Bad monster value: "queen bee" (BatBrain.ash, line 670)
Consult script 'smartstasis.ash' not found.
You're on your own, partner.

I can run a older set of these scripts with not problems. Can someone help me solve this problem?

here is the custom combat script I am running.

[ bailey's beetle ]
skill transcendent olfaction
attack with weapon

[ battlefield (frat uniform) ]
attack with weapon

[ cadáver ]
section Holiday Monster

[ candied yam golem ]
section Holiday Monster

[ cubist bull ]

[ default ]
consult smartstasis.ash
attack with weapon

[ goth giant ]

[ hammered yam golem ]
section holiday monster

[ hellseal pup ]
item seal tooth
attack with weapon

[ holiday monster ]
item divine noisemaker

[ inebriated tofurkey ]
section holiday monster]

[ knob goblin mad scientist ]
attack with weapon

[ knob goblin very mad scientist ]
attack with weapon

[ knott yeti ]

[ malevolent tofurkey ]
section Holiday Monster

[ mother hellseal ]
attack with weapon

[ possessed can of cranberry sauce ]
section Holiday Monster

[ rotund duck ]

[ soused stuffing golem ]
section holiday monster

[ stuffing golem ]
section Holiday Monster

Bale

Minion
I have KOL Mafia build 9501, the latest smartstasis, bat brain and zlib, but I keep getting this error:

Bad monster value: "queen bee" (BatBrain.ash, line 670)
Consult script 'smartstasis.ash' not found.
You're on your own, partner.

I suspect you used the former kolmafia command "update data". Fortunately that has recently been removed since few people understand its proper use and thought they were doing something good. Now you need to recover from that error.

1. In the CLI type the command: update clear
  2. Quit KoLmafia
  3. Restart KoLmafia, log on your character and see if the error still exists.

Bale

Minion
I'm very happy that this problem will never happen again after the next point release of KoLmafia. All old data files will be expunged by that release and the treacherous "update data" command is finally dead.

zarqon

The data files used to physically reside in the data directory, and that command overwrote them with current ones. That allowed ease of using custom data files, but not ease of updating. This new arrangement is much better for users, but I'll miss the easy way of looking at the data files. Now if I want to see the format of one of the data files -- or search through them to see if the info I want is available -- I have to figure out where I can access those files. Probably available on sourceforge somewhere -- or perhaps I could open the jar in a package extraction program and find them.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There is no "new arrangement". The data files, as always, reside within the .jar file itself. You can still override them with a local copy, but it's up to you to fetch them and update them and delete them when you are done. The only thing that has changed, this time, is that the command to fetch them is gone. As you say, you'll need a different method.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but you seem to have been one of the very few who actually did the "delete them when you are done" step; the usual behavior seemed to be to fetch data files without having a clue as to what and why you were doing it and then, when they are obsolete but still override newer data, make incomprehensible bug reports.

Note that we go to an effort to not use "stale" overrides - override files which are older or from a previous version to what is built-in to the .jar file. Due, perhaps, to the fact that your system clock is not the same as my system clock is not the same as build.kolmafia.us's system clock, etc., that never seemed to work reliably. Except for me.

MHoP

I suspect you used the former kolmafia command "update data". Fortunately that has recently been removed since few people understand its proper use and thought they were doing something good. Now you need to recover from that error.

1. In the CLI type the command: update clear
2. Quit KoLmafia
3. Restart KoLmafia, log on your character and see if the error still exists.

Thanks Bale. I had not used the update data command, but I tired the update clear command anyway and it fixed the problem. I was about to delete the Kol mafia folder and start over but now I don't have to do that.

adeyke

I normally do my yellow-raying by hand, but I tried to let SmartStasis do it this time. It wouldn't work. It used a rave steal combo (unnecessary due to the pending yellow ray), and followed it up with a pointing, getting a blue ray instead. My guess is that it noticed the combo macro meant it saw a ready yellow at some point, instead of just looking at the most recent round.

lazy_fire

Could SmartStasis be set to check for Birdform before trying to olfact a monster? Mafia currently aborts the script whenever it hits a goth giant because it is trying to use a skill that is not available.

Galanodel

Just an update on the bounty.txt issue about 40 pages back: At some point, my bounty.txt was replaced with the one with only ravioli hat in it, and I had to redownload it. Could you perhaps put it on the front page for easier discovery later? :)

Bale

Minion
Actually, if you just delete it, a new copy would be downloaded automagically. Yeah, that probably wasn't intuitively obvious.

zarqon

@Veracity: Not at all -- it'll only be incovenient the first time I need to consult the data files; after that I'll know how to do it, and eliminating a cause of user self-screwage is definitely worth it. In short, we are completely on the same page about this. Plus, as proxy records get more complete, scripters have less and less cause to parse mafia's data files.

@adeyke: Ok, this is on the list to investigate once I get to aftercore (doing a 100% Hipster run atm). I suspect it's due to batround not being properly inserted into DB combos when macrofying. My KoL playing has been rather spotty of late, thanks to an intermittent internet connection and the continued lack of my laptop.

@lazy_fire: Good call. Will be in the next update.

@Galanodel: For once Bale's not quite right; SmartStasis uses a bounty.txt with a different format than that on the Map Manager -- the vestigial call to load_current_map() should actually be a regular file_to_map(). I hadn't bothered with this issue since at the time, adding bounty information to proxy records had seemed towards the top of Veracity's queue, which would allow us to dispose of that map entirely and streamline the code a good bit in the process. But new IoTM's, Valhalla revamps, spider-infested servers, et. al have conspired to push the proxy record feature requests down a ways, it seems. I suppose I should consider a "more semi-permanent" solution to this.

Also, thanks for searching the thread and finding your own answer, 40 pages back no less! You are a shining example of Good Foruming.

blaisedec

I've just installed zlib/BatBrain/SmartStasis, and am trying to get it to use my rock band flyers. Here's what I got most recently:

> zlib verbosity = 9

Previous value of verbosity: 8
Changed to 9.
Validating adventure sequence...
Requests complete.

Visit to Beanstalk: Hole in the Sky in progress...

[5225] Hole in the Sky
Encounter: The Camel's Toe
Strategy: /home/blaise/.kolmafia/ccs/default.ccs [default]
Round 0: test pattern wins initiative!
Round 1: test pattern executes a macro!
Round 1: test pattern attacks!
Round 2: the camel's toe takes 74 damage.
Round 2: test pattern attacks!
Round 3: the camel's toe takes 65 damage.
Round 3: Grort coos softly, and nuzzles you with his beak.
You gain 38 hit points
You gain 38 Mana Points
Round 3: test pattern attacks!
Round 4: the camel's toe takes 76 damage.
Round 4: Grort coos softly, and nuzzles you with his beak.
You gain 36 hit points
You gain 36 Mana Points
Round 4: test pattern wins the fight!
You acquire an item: line
You gain 14 Strengthliness
You gain 19 Mysteriousness
You gain 8 Chutzpah

Requests complete.

Where do I find the zlib verbose log?

Thanks,
Blaise de Cormeilles (Jim Trigg)

Theraze

First question is, do they actually have the same restoration? Second, it would go into batfactors.txt, just search for star starfish... it should (currently) look like
Code:
fam 17 Star Starfish 0.75*(fweight+3) physical rate 0.33, mp dmg
Just put in the right familiar number, name, values...

Bale

Minion
First question is, do they actually have the same restoration?

Probably not, but that's no reason not to use the starfish as an approximation until the real stats are know. That approximation will do a lot more good than not adding it to batfactors. I think I'll update batfactors with it right now! :)

Edit: It seems nobody ever added crown data for the Reconstituted Crow or Li'l Xenomorph. I'm adding that also! :D :D

Last edited: