Bug - Fixed Skip healing between Undying Eds

Theraze

When fighting Ed the Undying, it goes from fight to fight without the ability to heal. However, auto-adventure (as well as mafia, if automatic healing is turned on) doesn't realize this and keeps trying to patch me up when it thinks it's needed. I've taken to fighting him using this:
Code:
    visit_url("pyramid.php?action=lower");
    run_combat();
    visit_url("fight.php");
    run_combat();
    visit_url("fight.php");
    run_combat();
    visit_url("fight.php");
    run_combat();
    visit_url("fight.php");
    run_combat();
    visit_url("fight.php");
    run_combat();
    visit_url("fight.php");
    run_combat();

If there was a way to properly do it without the visit/combat hack though, that would be appreciated. As well, I think this applies to the NS as well, if you tried to autoadventure there instead of using the tower auto-quest.

Winterbay

It does indeed (apply to the NS). I've seen that happen with BCCs script when it fought her automagically. That said, I do believe that the healing fires for both cases even if you are using the relay browser and fall below your threshold.

Theraze

Well, if you have it enabled... I have that option turned off precisely for that reason. :D

And yes... I use the override above for Ed now, and Rinn's level 13 does the same for its 3 NS fights.

Theraze

What override?

I've taken to fighting him using this:
Code:
 visit_url("pyramid.php?action=lower");
run_combat();
visit_url("fight.php");
run_combat();
visit_url("fight.php");
run_combat();
visit_url("fight.php");
run_combat();
visit_url("fight.php");
run_combat();
visit_url("fight.php");
run_combat();
visit_url("fight.php");
run_combat();

Basically, using visit_url("fight.php"); and run_combat(); for each additional form, as well as starting the first fight with the proper visit_url location and a run_combat of its own.

I suppose I will add this as a new feature for Universal Recovery...

Skipping restoration if not beaten up and last encounter is Ed 1-6 or NS 1-2?

StDoodle

Minion
I believe this was a bugfix that went in a short while ago, with the Ed renaming, right? Marking as "Implemented," feel free to reopen if I'm wrong.

Theraze

Nope... the Ed renaming just means that it knows that Ed 1 is Ed 1, not Ed. (Ed form 1 is named Ed.gif instead of Ed1.gif)

Much like the Naughty Sorc used (?) to be, Ed fights are considered normal... so healing, moods, manaburn, and all of those things still think they can run, even though you're still really in a fight. Bale talked about doing a workaround for people using URS, but that doesn't help people using moods or default mafia recovery options.

Idran

Moods attempted to be refreshed between Ed battles

This is a pretty minor bug, so I'm not even sure if it's worth tackling, but I just noticed that Mafia tries to refresh expired mood buffs between Ed the Undying battles and (obviously) errors out when it's unable to cast the skills. It doesn't seem to hurt anything at all, which is largely why I'm not sure if it's worth tackling, but I figured it was worth reporting and leaving that decision up to you guys.

Bale

Minion
It causes stops of the automation when I want to simply automate 7 turns in the lower chamber without ensuring that I have enough turns of buffs for the whole fight, so it is worth tackling. That's not minor even though it is extremely localized.

The bug also occurs in two other places: Between forms of the naughty sorceress and the final two forms of your nemesis.

Also, recovery occurs between battles. That's equally troublesome.

jasonharper

Developer
r9999 may fix this, but I don't currently have any multi-stage monsters available for testing.

If it doesn't work (and we survive the R10K crisis), I'll need to see the HTML source from the end of one of the intermediate combats, specifically the link to the next combat.

Bale

Minion
Well, it did fix the mood buffing. I didn't need to heal, but that should probably be the same thing.