Scripting the birth of a new life.

Lxndr

That'd be good for me. I have a similar line in my login.ash (since I never start a new life on the start of a season). But I'm probably not the only person who this affects.

Hellno

May I suggest that this script stop changing the wiener NC to take +50% stats? It's the option I use the least by far, of the 3. There's no clear #1 pick (depends on path and owned iotms), so I'd just suggest to leave it unchanged.

I actually find that one really handy especially in run, while in aftercore I switch it to pick up ghost dog chow. However, even in run I want a few of those, so leaving it to the player to chose (or abort whatever its doing with a manual prompt) might not be a bad change.

I might be mistaken, but I think this...
Code:
if(my_path() == "Nuclear Autumn") // Cannot cook a wine bomb, so spectacles are useless
		set_choice(878, 4, "Bedroom, Ornate Nightstand: Get spectacles");
	else
		set_choice(878, 3, "Bedroom, Ornate Nightstand: Get disposable instant camera");
...is reversed?
Either way, it should only apply if in NA & in HC- you can (and probably should) pull a dramatic range in SC, making the spectacles not useless.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I did get it backwards... I'll switch them even though as you say the spectacles can be useful in softcore. Even softcore people probably want that instant camera so its just a matter of which comes first.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Even softcore people probably want that instant camera so its just a matter of which comes first.

You can (and likely should, especially without Olfaction) pull the camera if you find an elegant nightstand first, so you really do want spectacles first from that choice in softcore.

zarqon

Can I request that this script unlock level 1 NPC quests/zones where possible, such as the Skeleton Store, the Overgrown Lot, and Madness Bakery? Not the Artist of course, but I can't see any reason not to do the others.

I believe it was determined that whether or not those zones are unlocked factors into which ghosts you get from the proton pack? I could be mistaken, though.

Bale

Minion
Can I request that this script unlock level 1 NPC quests/zones where possible, such as the Skeleton Store, the Overgrown Lot, and Madness Bakery? Not the Artist of course, but I can't see any reason not to do the others.

I'm... hesitant. Why should this be done? Why shouldn't we want to click on the quest-giver ourselves?

I believe it was determined that whether or not those zones are unlocked factors into which ghosts you get from the proton pack? I could be mistaken, though.

NA has proven that those three zones being unlocked (or able to be unlocked) are irrelevant to the Proton Pack. Those are the only zones whose unlock status is simply assumed by the pack.

Bale

Minion
Fair point. Does anyone reading this thread not want the quests to be automatically unlocked if the quest givers are available? (Can we do this in Zombie Master?)

If nobody has an objection I'll make it happen in a few days.

xKiv

I don't really care about two of them, but I *do* want at least one autounlocked. I think it's the madness bakery one? Every time it comes up the first time in ascension, I click the link in CHIT, unlock the quest ... and then there's nothing that would take me to the place where it happens. Charpane doesn't refresh, so the link in CHIT still points to the questgiver (where the only option is "no I haven't brought you what you want yet") and it's not in market square. So I have to remember where to go and click (or /go) to there by hand.

xKiv

There's *something* different about it. It's the only one where I have to go through extra clicks to get to adventuring in the quest location AND it's not mindless.

Bale

Minion
All three links in the Ghost bustin section of ChIT are supposed to bring you to the quest giver to manually unlock the quest. Unless it is already unlocked in which case they take you to the container zone. Are you saying that one of the zones (Possibly, but not necessarily the Bakery since you were uncertain on that point) takes you to teh quest giver even if the zone has been unlocked? If that's the case then there might be a problem with KoLmafia detecting quest status of one of the quests

xKiv

KoL doesn't refresh charpane when accepting any of the three quests.

My problem is that KoL doesn't always show the "you just unlocked this location" box that has a link to the adventurable location. Perhaps when I have already used the appropriate unlocker item? But that would only explain the skeleton store for me, and skeleton store is unproblematic because I automatically just click the "back to market square" link and there the skeleton store is. I unlocked overgrown lot yesterday and had the "new location box" for it, and went there without a problem.