Bug - Fixed Revision number does not display at the top of mafia anymore

ereinion

As the title indicates, I no longer see the revision number at the top of mafia, only r0.

1632780340442.png

Last edited by a moderator:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Are you downloading jars? Building them yourself via ant? Building them via Gradle? Something else?

The ant build is now broken (we should remove it), and there was a brief time where the gradle build might have been broken.

PeKaJe

My custom build still shows full version and revision number (r20947). Also, how is ant broken? That's what I'm using as far as I can tell.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
It is there for me, building from GitHub with Gradle. So this is probably a process issue.

I will note that what is displayed in the Copyright Notices is the git hash and not the version number so there something that should be addressed.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
My custom build still shows full version and revision number (r20947). Also, how is ant broken? That's what I'm using as far as I can tell.
I'm not sure ant has been, or will be, changed to update from GitHub instead of SourceForge.

Things are still being worked but the devs who switched had to install a git client, manually pull from GitHub and then things kind of work. The effort is being focused on people that are using GitHub and git. When that is stable there will be cycles to figure out how folks can easily transition - perhaps by pointing a SVN client at GitHub - but patience is certainly recommended.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
The latest version of KoLmafia on github no longer has the KoLConstants.REVISION field for the Ant build to set. As of the switch to github, we now set special fields in the manifest, which the Ant build does not do.

There are no plans to change that, as we hope to get rid of the Ant build in the near future.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
@PeKaJe , if your revision number is < 25000, then you likely haven't pointed your local copy at the new Github repo. We generally recommend interfacing with it via git, but supposedly you can use svn too.

PeKaJe

I was unaware that there even was a new repo, since I was still getting SVN updates on the sourceforge one a few days ago. Not really looking forward to migrating my build system over, but I guess I'll have to look at that eventually.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I'm downloading the jar from the "last build" page linked from the forums.
Which revision was it? I tried downloading the latest version (r25706) which correctly displays the revision number in its title. And as mentioned, there were a few builds where the version was probably broken.

I was unaware that there even was a new repo, since I was still getting SVN updates on the sourceforge one a few days ago. Not really looking forward to migrating my build system over, but I guess I'll have to look at that eventually.
The change happened yesterday. Let us know if you need any help!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
We tried to tell people.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
@fronobulax I suspect this is up your alley with reproducibility in Windows. I don't see anything outright wrong with that artifact (works for me in Linux). Perhaps a non-portable file separator issue?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I logged into a Windows machine, clicked download on that same jar, and could not reproduce. Puzzling.

(Now is usually the time that I start puzzling over the code to figure out if there's some weird handling going on here.)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
What OS are you running? (if windows, more info? 32-bit? home vs pro version?) Java version? (JRE or JDK?)

ereinion

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
System Type x64-based PC

Java... SDK, I'm fairly sure, though I don't see anywhere to check it?
Version 8 Update 102 (build 1.8.0_102-b14)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Java 8u102 is about 5 years old, although I can't imagine there were any critical bugs that caused manifests to be unparseable.

I suppose, if you're feeling really ambitious, you can try unzipping the jar (easiest way is probably to rename it as a .zip) and opening up the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file, to see if that has Build-Revision: 25709 or whatever. If not, that points to a problem with the jar you're getting, not your environment. If it does, then back to the drawing board.