Bug - Fixed r9981 fails to launch main interface, quitting after refreshing session instead

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Even r9991 hasn't fully solved this issue for me. Now, KoLmafia doesn't quit like it used to... but it never shows the main window either, unless some other window is already open, like Preferences, during the login process.
It behaves like this for me, too. I have no "Startup as Window" frames. I have the following "Startup in Tabs" frames:

Adventure
Graphical CLI
Purchases
Skill Casting
Preferences

slyz

Developer
It behaves like this for me, too. I have no "Startup as Window" frames. I have the following "Startup in Tabs" frames:

Adventure
Graphical CLI
Purchases
Skill Casting
Preferences
I can log on and have Mafia's main window with this setup.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I can log on and have Mafia's main window with this setup.
I have now also logged in successfully with two characters with this setup.

With another character, it logged in, showed the main window, summoned breakfast - and left the GUI grey. I logged out, restarted KoLmafia, and logged in again. This time the GUI was green - but the status bar says "0%". Very strange.

I have now also logged in successfully with two characters with this setup.

With another character, it logged in, showed the main window, summoned breakfast - and left the GUI grey. I logged out, restarted KoLmafia, and logged in again. This time the GUI was green - but the status bar says "0%". Very strange.
Same glitch here! Strange.

Aankhen

The main window wouldn’t show for me either (from r9978 on) unless I put something in ‘Startup as Window’, so I was running r9977 for a while. I came across this thread today and brought up my ‘Startup in Tabs’ list to see what I had there, when I noticed that it was showing two items I didn’t recall putting in there: Relay Server and Contact List. I removed them both, closed Mafia, updated to r9998, and presto! Everything’s working (including the Relay Browser, so I guess I didn’t break anything).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Bumping because I just had a spate of issues that have been intermittently reported here ever since the Foxtrot removal:

I logged in with each of my characters, exiting back to the shell prompt after I was done with each character. It took a total of 8 attempts to successfully log in 4 characters and get breakfast

- Three times, KoLmafia logged in and then failed to create the main Frame. I Control-C'd, restarted, and logged in again, and KoLmafia created the main frame and moved on to breakfast.
- One of the successful logins ran breakfast - and then left the GUI greyed out.
- Two times, I logged out and hit the close box on the Login Frame. The window closed, but KoLmafia did not exit. I had to Control-C it at the shell prompt to kill it.

All those errors within the space of 30 minutes or so using revision 10013.

Every one of these errors has been reported on one bug report or another created after the Foxtrot removal. KoLmafia was rock solid for me before said removal. I suppose I am happy that Java 7 users are now supported, but I feel that the program is quite a bit less stable than it used to be. I've been sort of intending to spin a new release soon, but tonight's experience squashed THAT idea.

Winterbay

I know that Ferdawoon had this problem the other day, but he also had that wonderful "KoL logs you out"-problem so it may be it was caused by that.

Magus_Prime

Not so much. This just happened to me with r10101. The login window went all the way through breakfast and never opened the main window. I logged out, closed KOLMafia, and restarted. This time everything worked as normal.