One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Camber

Where did you find "boolean is_100_run" in Wossname.ash?

That would be in an old copy of Wossname, like v1.54 or older as shown by the revision notes in the first post:

10.13.09 - 1.5.5 changes: small fix to gearup function; the is_100_run setting is now a familiar, not a boolean.

Theraze

I haven't had Wossname screw up my runs... In the same way, the word mosquito isn't in my copy of Wossname. Anywhere.

is_100_run, as long as you have the BBB script on, should fix your familiar on any automated adventure... doesn't help if you do manual/relay adventuring. I broke a 100% BC BM run that way myself a week or two back...

Make it again!

Ok, I've downloaded the script again. I'm not sure I understand how the is_100_run setting works. Should I set it to the familiar I'm doing the 100% run with, or can it be anything and then Wossname.ash won't change my familiar?

Do I just need to add this line:
Code:
is_100_run = "black cat";
or is the code needed fancier?

Edit: Just noticed in the BBB description that it's possible to do this in the CLI instead of fiddling with the ash file. Still, does it need to be the familiar I'm doing the 100% with or can it be anything?

Last edited:

Winterbay

Just type:
Code:
zlib is_100_run = black cat
into the gCLI and the setting should update correctly.

The setting should hold the name of the familiar that you are doing a 100% run with, but unless you have a Between battle script that also observes that setting it does not need to be because mafia itself don't bother with the setting (I think).

Theraze

Thought I'd throw this in here... When I'm running Wossname, and it goes to buy seltzers using the KGO, sometimes when it switches it goes back to my outfit immediately instead of using my checkpoint outfit (pre-KGO) first... does horrors when I'm using a ranged weapon and suddenly get changed to using a polearm. Think it usually happens on nun-meat.

Theraze

Ah, think I finally figured out why it always thinks that GMoB will be the best choice... I'd hacked past it before by saying that it will cost 100 turns to collect star bits in hardcore, but just failed to finish flyering today because it decided to run the (50 round) GMoB instead of HitS. Anyways, here's the code as it stands:
Code:
   int estadvs(boolean gmobhits) {
      if (gmobhits) return ceil((5 - get_property("guyMadeOfBeesCount").to_int()) * (3 / (0.25 - combat_rate_modifier())));
      return ceil((10000 - get_property("flyeredML").to_int()) / (159.3 + monster_level_adjustment()));
   }
The part we need to fix is the gmobhits line... specifically the part regarding combat_rate_modifier(). A -5 CRM returns as -5... which turns the .25 into 5.25 instead of the .3 it should be. This turns an estimated 50 round (5-0, so 5, * ( 3 / .3, so 10), making it 5 * 10 when done properly) GMoB into a 3 round (still 5-0, but the * (3 / 5.25 = 0.57142857142857142857142857142857) and 5 * less than .6 will give you 3 turns, rounded up) debacle.

So, what we need to do is turn that line into the following:
Code:
      if (gmobhits) return ceil((5 - get_property("guyMadeOfBeesCount").to_int()) * (3 / (0.25 - (combat_rate_modifier() / 100))));

This turns the current result:
GMoB estimated adventures: 1
HitS estimated adventures: 36
into this:
GMoB estimated adventures: 10
HitS estimated adventures: 36
which is definitely a more accurate check... though I wish I'd checked it before so I didn't have to burn another ~10 adventures flyering tomorrow. :)

Bimyou

I think I'm ready to run the script, but I am confused about editing "vars_myname.txt". I can't find that anywhere in my scripts or data folders. Can I just ignore that part and run the ocw script, or?

Theraze

vars_myname.txt is vars_bimyou.txt if your KoL character is named Bimyou... Depends on what your character's name is. Can also edit those bits with zlib manually, or using one of the zlib relay editors...

zarqon

@Theraze: thanks for finding that. That will be fixed in the next update, whenever that is. I think BBB should finally be ready to roll out soon. Next on the list is ZLib.

@Bimyou: Your vars file will not exist until you run a script that uses ZLib for the first time. Each time you run a ZLib-empowered script, the variables for that script are added to your vars file.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
And might I suggest using a UI script for editing the variables? (Yes, I linked to mine, but links to more options are available in the first post now, apparently)

zarqon

I second the recommendation, but hesitantly -- I'm suspicious that one of these scripts may be part of the elusive "verbosity 0" bug. However, I looked at all three versions (to see if somehow they called vprint() before setvar(verbosity)) but didn't see anything wrong with them. I suppose further testing is in order.

It may also only be a problem for outdated versions of mafia (there was an issue while back where keys with empty values were not getting saved).

The upcoming ZLib update will help quite a bit with that -- normalizing all settings to the correct type.

Theraze

An semi-odd zlib issue... if you launch a gCLI window pre-login, and start up a zlib script, it'll make you a "vars_.txt" file.

remnant

Having a slight issue with the script.. I just finished the Flyering part of the quest (did it manually through KoLMafia to save configuring the other battle scripts) and it completed the quest, but won't automatically fight the "Goal: Defeat 7 Fratboys" for some reason. Any thoughts?

EDIT:

Nvm. It stopped because I was still "Beaten Up" I believe.

NoisyNinja

This is all I get in the gCLI when I run the script. Am I missing something?

Code:
> call scripts/Wossname.ash

Internal checkpoint created.
"optimal.txt" loaded (14 steps).
Verifying Wossname progress...
Current step: 2
Completing step 2 of 14...
Restoring initial settings...
OCW stopped.
Restoring initial settings...
OCW stopped.

Winterbay

Try typing "zlib verbosity = 5" in teh CLI and run it again and see what happens. It seems your verbosity has gone and set itself to 0.