One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Xenthes

@Xenthes: I suspect that you have something set for your is_100_run setting, which OCW honors. If that's not it, you may have misspelled a familiar name in your settings which somehow mafia matches to the Adorable Seal Larva.

Got it I think. The is_100_run variable was blank. I set it to false and will check it tomorrow since I manually adventured with the multi this was happening with. This might have been caused by the relay script zlib_manager since I used that to set things up for ocw this run.

zarqon

The name is a bit of a red herring now, since it was originally a boolean -- but is_100_run should contain a familiar. If you're not doing a 100% run, set it to none.

slyz

Developer
I think it's a problem with zlib's bestfam(): could you set your zlib verbosity setting to 4 or more, and try running wossname.ash again?

EDIT:
blah, I should have reloaded before answering =)

But yes, the problem was with is_100_run being empty, not with bestfam():
Code:
> ashq string s = ""; print(s.to_familiar());

Adorable Seal Larva

Last edited:

Xenthes

Got it I think. The is_100_run variable was blank. I set it to false and will check it tomorrow since I manually adventured with the multi this was happening with. This might have been caused by the relay script zlib_manager since I used that to set things up for ocw this run.

This indeed fixed my issue. Thanks for the help.

Theraze

I've several times now had the script hit problems if I run out of adventures while trying to get to the filthworm queen. The script goes into an infinite loop where it tries to get the next scent, but can't because it doesn't have any adventures, so it just changes conditions forever (well, until you click the Stop button manually). I've added
Code:
if (my_adventures() == 0) die("Come back tomorrow for more of the same exciting filth!");
to each of the scent-whiles after the !use statements, but I thought I should mention this here both as a question about unintended consequences (is this the right place to put it?) and as a suggested fix to the main script for others, so they don't run into this as well. It mostly came up during my HCO runs.

Theraze

An alias I like is the following:
Code:
alias sellwoss => ashq import <wossname.ash> turn_stuff_in(true);

This script just forces the normal 'sell items on ending' code. I use this when the count goes wrong, and it decides that the script won't finish successfully after step 13. I manually run sellwoss, and kill a boss myself, and I'm done. Just thought this may happen to others as well, so decided to share.

Thanks for the wonderful script, zarqon. I'm thoroughly enjoying it as I work through ascensions and all the random chaos.

icon315

Is there a way to edit Optimal.txt to do the Junkyard as a fratbot?
I thought that Wossname was set to do fastest.txt, but it wasn't and by the time i realized it, it was to late.

Theraze

If you're trying to switch them, and you only have one character (at least, one running it right now), you could just rename optimal.txt to optimal.bak, and copy fastest.txt to optimal.txt... then, when your wossname is done, delete the (fake) optimal.txt and rename optimal.bak back to optimal.txt...

icon315

But i can't do it....since using optimal already made my character adventure in the battlefield 8 times, but Fastest.txt only adventures once in the battlefield, then does a sidequest.

But is there was a way of moving the sidequest order so that it does the Junkard quest last, and as a Frat

Theraze

Easiest thing to do would be to get your counter to where it works... if you have 8 kills currently, if you do 7 more (so it's on 15), then running the fastest should get you your quest success, right? If my memory serves, when I switched to fastest and already had some kills, it just skipped the extra kills that it didn't need... as long as you've prepared for sets of 8 kills, you should succeed...

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
If you swap the junkyard (assuming that's done third as hippy) with the Frat quest that's called last, then it should work. I guess. You'll just burn twice as many turns getting to the unlock. Also, you'd want both to be done at 71 kills. If my math's correct.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I am putting this here because it kind of fits. However it is not a problem to be solved by Wossname. Indeed, it is not a problem at all, as much as it is just an observation about scripts and how they interact.

Bad Moon, meat starved and the only familiar is a mosquito which certainly makes this an edge case.

Trying to run Wossname using fastest. Script starts war and then proceeds to do the Hippy Stand Quest. For reasons unknown to me SmartStasis stasis' using the flyers. That is not good because I get Beaten Up. That would not be a big deal except that Universal Recovery pretty much has no way to heal except by burning turns in a campground or sofa. But that "wastes" the scent gland and so I have to go back a step because the new gland did not drop. Bottom line - the Hippy Stand is a PITA to complete. In this particular case the lack of recovery options makes it difficult manually as well.

I solved the problem by changing to a Frat war plan.

But...

I found out that Wossname will not run without a familiar or (more precisely) it can't find the familiar type of "none" and so stops. Wossname will appear to stop "normally" in this, and several other cases, because what I consider to be the error message only appears with zLib verbosity greater than 0. (My presumption is that 0 is a normal setting but perhaps 0 really means STFU and something else is what I want for normal or typical use). Regardless it was not obvious why things stopped until I changed the verbosity. In a perfect world where all software works the way I want it to messages I consider critical would never be effected by verbosity settings and any message generated because the software was not going to be able to do what I asked would be critical in the above sense. I suspect the real problem here is that I am not using the expected verbosity level :)

I did not reconfigure my CCS to not use SmartStasis because I am lazy and I will need it for the Junkyard. However there is a part of me that would be just as happy to have the gremlin portion triggered from Wossname rather than triggered by me.

I'm just spouting off because I am amused by the way the three scripts and my configuration thereof conspired to make the Hippy Stand virtually impossible. However the only action requested would be to tell me what value of zLib verbosity is considered "normal"?

Extra credit - allow Wossname to recognize "none" as No Familiar Specified and just leave the familiar to the current one, which might include no familiar being used.

zarqon

A verbosity of 0 means "no script output at all, please." This is extreme and I do not recommend it. It leads to problems such as this one. the default value is 3. The reason this is allowed is that someone may want to see which output is mafia-generated and which is script-generated.

Throwing flyers at everything is another setting, an option in FTF (part of SmartStasis). Check your zlib vars for "flyereverything" and set it to false.

The default setting values for my scripts should generally work, but they're not guaranteed to prevent you from getting into trouble. Read the documentation and adjust your settings accordingly.

Allowing for users without ANY familiars is not something I've ever considered. I ought to. I'll look into that.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Thanks.

At some level I probably misunderstand what SmartStasis is supposed to be doing and my "no familiar" attempt was made because I thought SS was stasising because I had an HP regen familiar and not because I had flyereverything checked. Of course my experience suggests that flyereverything overrides the Smart part but in any event I know how I caused my own problem and what to do to prevent it.

zarqon

Hehe, the "Smart" applies to the "Stasis" aspect only -- flyering is not part of stasis; it's technically part of FirstThingsFirst, which couldn't know enough about your situation to decide to flyer vs. not, so it uses a ZLib setting.

Pazleysox

Is anyone else having issues with the new version of mafia, and the OCW script? I have to use an old version to finish the quest.

You have specified a default familiar that you don't have! ('')

I haven't changes anything but the version of mafia that I'm using.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I had the error recently and my zLib familiar settings were set to "none". I have no idea how or when that happened but I set them to a familiar that I did have and things worked. Zarqon is entertaining the idea that "none" really means No Familiar and doesn't try and "equip" one. It is not clear whether "none" should swap out your existing familiar or just not bother with familiar optimization. There are actually several cases which include: use the familiar I have already chosen; use the optimal or preferred familiar for the sub-quest at hand; use the familiar for a 100% run and use no familiar. It is not clear just where these preferences should be set and used and no familiar is not currently supported.