OCD Inventory control

Banana Lord

Feature request: Ability to give the script some default actions for items specified in a data file (or some other way) when called from another script. I'm thinking that various scripts (including NCF ;)) may want to take advantage of OCD's inventory-processing abilities to deal with particular items. Example: NCF needs a way of autoselling, smashing, wadding, and mallselling items after running, but currently the end user must configure OCD (by sorting through their entire, and potentially very large, inventory manually). If I could execute a command such as ocd_control(false, file_to_get_items_and_associated_actions_from); then it would let the user get the script up and running for the first time much more quickly, as well as giving them advice about the best way to deal with those items. Actions set in OCD proper would of course override those passed in from the script calling it.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
If I could execute a command such as ocd_control(false, file_to_get_items_and_associated_actions_from);

I could add an overloaded function that would do that as easy as pie. Unfortunately I'm kinda screwin' around with OCD at the moment to deal with some weird inter-script interaction, so it really isn't in shape for me to spin a release. I'll add this once it is stable again. (I'm not ascending this week for the sake of Thursday's Event so I'm up to some weird scripting.)

Last edited:

jwylot

I love the addition of KBay functionality. Thanks Bale.

I edited the designer handbag in OCDKbay.txt to keep it seperate as they still seem to sell well and are best not concealed in a bunch of Klaw prizes.

Bale

Minion
Feature. Only stuffed Hodgmen get their own auction.

jwylot, if you want to edit the standard auctions you'll really need to edit your datafile. OCDkBay will be automatically updated on your computer every time I decide to edit the file, overwriting your changes. It will also get overwritten if a character runs the OCD db Manager for the first time.

One of the things I love about the kBay feature is that I can actually see who is using it just by checking kBay! It's awesome to actually be seeing the effects of people using my script! (Right now 26 out of 73 auctions were posted by OCD! That's 35% of the current auctions!)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
OCD Inventory Control Updated!

• Various little things.
  • Variables will play nice with other scripts.
  • Can be called with the name of a datafile.
  • If called from another script, total anticipated meat gain will be reported to it.
    (This feature might be tweaked in the future.)

jwylot

ermm......else vprint("Antipated monetary gain from inventory cleansing: "+rnum(todaysFarming)+" meat.", "green", 3);
(line 565)

icon315

Why do i keep getting:
All item information is corrupted or missing.
Whoooah! I hope you didn't lose any data...

Is there something i'm missing?

Bale

Minion
ermm......else vprint("Antipated monetary gain from inventory cleansing: "+rnum(todaysFarming)+" meat.", "green", 3);
(line 565)

Thanks.

Why do i keep getting:
All item information is corrupted or missing.
Whoooah! I hope you didn't lose any data...

Is there something i'm missing?

That means it cannot find the OCDdata_<name>.txt file. You'll have to figure out why. Is that file there? Check configuration and see what it reports as <name>.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'll refer you to the instructions in the first post. You missed a step.

How to use:
  • Get zlib if you don't already have it. If you're running any other scripts, odds are that you already have it.
  • Download OCD Inventory Control to your /scripts directory.
  • Download relay_OCD_dB_Manager to your /relay directory.
  • Invoke OCD dB Manager from your relay browser's top menu. Use it to create a map file with a list of how you want to treat every item. This map file can also be edited in a plain text editor if you're careful.
  • Run OCD Inventory Control from your script menu to make all your excess items go away.

Bale

Minion
Select processing for even a single item and click "save" and you shouldn't see that message in your CLI. There's a good reason why your data was missing -- you have none.

Banana Lord

Maybe it would be a good idea remind people to set up OCD properly (by processing some items) instead of telling them that their data is corrupted/missing if they haven't set the script up yet. I mean, it wouldn't be a problem if they followed the instructions, but still.

Bale

Minion
It's been so long since I even looked at that error message that I hadn't even realized how misleading it might be to a first time user. icon315, thank you for sharing your anxiety so I can understand the feeling.

Kinder, gentler, more helpful message added for the sake of new users. I'll release that sometime later. No rush since there's no functional change.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
For the record, I had the same problem and following the instructions did not create the files. But I was told to use PAtoOCD to prime things ;-)

seandamnit

Select processing for even a single item and click "save" and you shouldn't see that message in your CLI. There's a good reason why your data was missing -- you have none.

I came to this thread with the same issue as icon, but I'm not sure if I understand the solution here. I click on OCD_db_Manager from the relay browser, and I get this:

2afn8jl.jpg

how exactly do I process an item without being able to invoke the DB manager?