newbie questions (was: "Is there no way to un-forbid a store?")

jseagull

I am brand new to mafia, and have been exploring all the nooks and crannies. Today I found that when you right-click on a store in search results in the Purchases tab, it gives you the option to "toggle forbidden store." I was curious what this would do, so I tried it, and the store immediately disappeared...

Ok, no biggie, right? It's a *toggle* so I can just toggle it back. ... right?

I have spent about an hour now googling and checking every possible place inside mafia, but I cannot find how to turn this off. I use this particular store all the time, so it's not ideal. Can anyone help me to figure out how to undo this?? Thanks.

player1

To see the list of stores you have forbidden and make changes yourself:
prefref forbiddenStores

to clear the list completely:
set forbiddenStores =

jseagull

great, thank you!! I guess there must be a bunch of stuff that you can only do by interacting with the CLI? Is there a good place I can look to learn about those features?

player1

Kind of. There is a wiki that is very helpful but it is not 100% comprehensive. I would start by putting "set logPreferenceChange = true" in your CLI so that your changes are displayed and also recorded in your sessions logs. That's how I found the preference you were looking for.

You can also type "prefref" in CLI to see all of your preferences. Or "prefref ___" and fill in the blank with a guess of what you're looking for, e.g. "prefref forbid" would have put you on the right track for your initial problem.

If you do just want to read the wiki, this page and the linked pages here list many preferences. But it's not all inclusive as I said before.

jseagull

Great idea. I had actually turned a lot of that off, since I'm pretty clutter-averse. But now I know that stuff isn't clutter. lol. Thanks again.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Alternatively, if you do this:

Code:
set showForbiddenStores=true

the mall search frame will show forbidden stores - in red - although automated buying will continue to skip them.
You can toggle forbidden-ness on the (red) forbidden store.

jseagull

So, I have a new question that I can't find an answer to. I don't want to make a bunch of separate posts, so I'll just edit the title of this thread.

I have been curious how I'm supposed to use the "script buttons" feature that is available in the preferences screen. I see that there are options to add buttons that call a script or do gcli commands. I tried adding one for a script and a couple for commands into the list. But I can't find where these buttons are supposed to appear for me to use. Can someone enlighten me as to where these buttons are meant to show up?

xKiv

IIRC in the relay browser, near the right edge of top frame. But I never actually used that. Low confidence.

AlbinoRhino

Clipboard01.jpg

This controls where/if they show in the mafia UI. I don't use the browser version either, but i do believe there is some way to make them appear there as well.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There is always a script dropdown in the relay browser.
By default, you have two scripts: restore hp and restore mp
If you define other scripts - on Preferences/Script Buttons - they all appear as well.
You can add, delete, move up, move down your defined buttons.

I use the script buttons on the GUI, myself. My default usage is log in, hit button #3 (which runs VMF), and, when it finishes, log out.

What with BeachComber spading and Crimbo, I don't do exactly that at the moment, but once things settle down, I'll go back to it.