New Content New Shadow Rift NCs, buffs, and buff extension

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Hmm. I discovered, when I coded automation for the (turn free) NC (which is replaced by the boss, if you accepted Rufus’s entity quest), that if you use the GUI to adventure 11 times, say, in a Shadow Rift, if the NC is the 11th, we’ll adventure once more afterwords, since it had only used 10 adventures after getting the NC.

The solution is to set a goal of “1 choice” (or “1 choiceadv”) and it will stop after fulfilling the goal.

I wonder how to get the same effect for a turn-free fight being the last adventure?

Erosion

I notice that while you're in a rift, your item% is divided by 5. Can there be an asterisk when drop rates are modified by zone, such as rifts / underwater pressure?
(Normally Item: +2000%, rift modified could say Item: +400%*)

Malibu Stacey

I suspect you lucked out and the desired option was in the first response.
I think you are correct. Mine calls run_choice() only once. Today it just did this
Code:
[89068] Shadow Rift (The Hidden City)
Preference lastEncounter changed from mad wino to A Labyrinth of Shadows
Encounter: A Labyrinth of Shadows
Submitting option 1 for choice 1499
Unsupported choice adventure #1499
choice 1: Continue (Randomize themes)
choice 2: Select the spectral gate (30 Shadow's Chill: Maximum MP +300%)
choice 3: Dive into the freezing doorway (30 Shadow's Chill: Maximum MP +300%)
choice 4: Opt for the hematic hole (30 Shadow's Heart: Maximum HP +300%)
choice 5: Try to look closer (Randomize themes)
choice 6: Withdraw in fear (Leave with nothing)
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

I'll leave it as is & see how it handles once your PR is merged.

katyarn

Going to the existing urls such as place.php?whichplace=town_right&action=townright_shadowrift when you have shadow affinity doesn't appear to set the shadow ingress on the KoL side of things anymore, there's a new value for the action which I missed but it was similar to townright_shadowrift_free.

zincaito

Hi all, I've noticed that "spectral" was listed in the OP as a cold adjective, but it should actually be in the ghost group instead.

I ran into an instance today where mafia thought 2 of the available options would return the shadow snowflake, my target item from Rufus:
Code:
> Try #2 - Target = shadow snowflake; Choices available:
> Choice 2: Try to reach the divided gateway (90-100 Mysticality substats)
> Choice 3: Move toward the spectral breach (shadow snowflake)
> Choice 4: Fly at the frigid doorway (shadow snowflake)
Took choice 1499/3: shadow snowflake
choice.php?whichchoice=1499&option=3&pwd
You acquire an effect: Shadow's Thickness (30)

Taking the spectral option got the Ghost effect instead of the snowflake mafia thought I'd get.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Once my current PR is merged, I’ll deal with both of those things.

Yesterday, I tried to automate Shadow Rift (Desert Beach) immediately after getting Shadow Affinity - using the previously known action URL - and it told me it did so, but reported Encounter: Desert Beach.

It then proceeded to continue adventuring as usual.

I’ll figure it out.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I automated my turns in the Rift yesterday after starting a new run, trying to adventure in Shadow Rift (The Misspelled Cemetary).
Something weird happened and I just got tumbleweeds until I tried manually going into a different Rift via Relay Browser. Not sure if it is related to KoL or Mafia. Maybe Mafia tried (and succeeded) in entering the Rift without actually setting the location somehow.

I'll start another run today and see what happens. I am using r27288.

Code:
use 1 closed-circuit pay phone
Encounter: Calling Rufus
Took choice 1497/2: I'll find the artifact
choice.php?whichchoice=1497&option=2&pwd
You acquire an effect: Shadow Affinity (11)

Entering the Shadow Rift via The Misspelled Cemetary

[62] Shadow Rift (The Misspelled Cemetary)
Encounter: The Misspelled Cemetary

[62] Shadow Rift (The Misspelled Cemetary)
Encounter: tumbleweed
Round 0: ckb1 wins initiative!
Round 1: Your toy train moves ahead to the Viewing Platform. As your train passes the viewing platform, the crowd shouts and cheers inspiring you!
Round 1: You gain 121 Strongness
Round 1: You gain 110 Magicalness
Round 1: You gain 130 Smarm
Round 1: ckb1 attacks!
Round 2: tumbleweed takes 91 damage.
Round 2: ckb1 attacks!
Round 3: tumbleweed takes 91 damage.
Round 3: ckb1 wins the fight!
You lose some of an effect: Shadow Affinity (1)
After Battle: ck-Bleak does a weird dance-like movement.
After Battle: You gain 22 Fortitude
After Battle: You gain 17 Magicalness
After Battle: You gain 12 Cheek
After Battle: You gain 1 Roguishness
This combat did not cost a turn

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's a KoL change: if you have Shadow Affinity, you need a different URL to enter a rift.
I am working on it right now.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 27290 will automate the Shadow of Labyrinths for you.
It is configurable in the GUI via a Choice dropdown for the Shadow Rift zone.
Property "shadowLabyrinthGoal" has 8 possible values:

"browser" -> "show in browser"
"muscle" -> "90-100 Muscle substats"
"mysticality" -> "90-100 Mysticality substats"
"moxie" -> "90-100 Moxie substats"
"effects" -> "+3 turns to 3 random effects"
"maxHP" -> "Maximum HP +300%"
"maxHP" -> "Maximum MP +300%"
"resistance" -> "+5 Spooky, Hot, Sleaze resistance"

Note that there is no setting for "get the artifact that Rufus wants"; if you have accepted his artifact quest and have not yet found the artifact, automation will get it for you. If you already got the artifact and have not returned it, automation will get whatever else you configured.

(If, for whatever reason, you want to get one of the other goals before you get his artifact, you are in complete control of that: simply don't call him and accept the artifact quest until you are ready to pick it up. :))

Is there any chance we could get tracking analogous to the NEP'S encountersUntilNEPChoice? turnsSpent % 11 is imperfect because the choice (and bosses) can be forced with Clara's Bell and analogues thereof.

The bosses also count as NCs for these purposes, but because they're combats they do give progress to your next NC as well.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
r27294

Three new properties:

shadowRiftTotalTurns - fights and NCs in the Shadow Rift that count as turns (monsters and bosses)
shadowRiftLastNC - the turn of the last encounter that counts as an NC (Labyrinth and bosses)
encountersUntilSRChoice - how many turns until the next NC

This may not be accurate given your current character state, but as soon as you meet your first NC (Shadow Labyrinth or shadow boss), it will self correct.

Malibu Stacey

r27294

Three new properties:

shadowRiftTotalTurns - fights and NCs in the Shadow Rift that count as turns (monsters & lodestone)
shadowRiftLastNC - the turn of the last encounter that counts as an NC (Labyrinth and bosses)
encountersUntilSRChoice - how many turns until the next NC

This may not be accurate given your current character state, but as soon as you meet your first NC (Shadow Labyrinth or shadow boss), it will self correct.
Thanks for all your work supporting this IotM Veracity. It's very much appreciated by myself and the others whom also avail themselves of mafia's scripting functionality (y)

Malibu Stacey

encountersUntilSRChoice is being incremented at the start of combat. This means it will be off if you end combat in a manner which doesn't end combat (e.g Using the Force).