New Content - Implemented New section after Level 6 quest

Theraze

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Pandamonium
This ties into this:
January 20
Hey, remember like three years ago when we put in that placeholder quest in the Deep Fat Friars' Gate? We finally replaced it with a thing that isn't a placeholder!
You can play through the new quest even if you've already gotten your Organ of Steel.

No details on the new bits yet that I have, but this would probably be good to have at least moderately implemented before Veracity runs that new major release on... Monday?

Some spoilers in the Changes page of the wiki, for those who want them (or will be implementing them).

Fluxxdog

This should be tagged New Content! .. oh wait *^^*
Spading's already starting! Time to thwack some d(a)emons in style!

The adventure location "Friar's Gate" has been changed to "Pandamonium Slums" with a snarfblat of 248.
There are several pandamonium.php?action=xxx Some examples are 'moan' for Moaning Panda Square, 'temp' for Azazel's Temple, 'beli' for Belilaf's Comedy Club, and 'infe' for Hey Deze Arena.

Hey Deze Arena has a feindish (ha!) logic puzzle. Got it after 5 clues ^^ However, you also need to collect "5 bus pass". The snarfblat for adventuring is 243

Comedy Club has an adventure zone where you need "5 imp air". snarfblat=242 plus there are other quest items.

Last edited:

Theraze

Unknown item found: Victor, the Insult Comic Hellhound Puppet (4667, 933430014)
--------------------
4667 Victor, the Insult Comic Hellhound Puppet offhand none 0
4667 933430014 Victor, the Insult Comic Hellhound Puppet
Victor, the Insult Comic Hellhound Puppet 0 none
Victor, the Insult Comic Hellhound Puppet Monster Level: +5
--------------------

Unknown item found: observational glasses (4668, 702710615)
--------------------
4668 observational glasses accessory none 0
4668 702710615 observational glasses
observational glasses 0 none
observational glasses Item Drop: +5
--------------------

Unknown item found: hilarious comedy prop (4669, 221836123)
--------------------
4669 hilarious comedy prop weapon none 0
4669 221836123 hilarious comedy prop
hilarious comedy prop 10 Mus: 0 1-handed club
hilarious comedy prop HP Regen Min: 4, HP Regen Max: 6, MP Regen Min: 4, MP Regen Max: 6
--------------------

Unknown item found: beer-scented teddy bear (4670, 162713376)
--------------------
4670 beer-scented teddy bear usable display 50
4670 162713376 beer-scented teddy bear
# beer-scented teddy bear
--------------------

Unknown item found: booze-soaked cherry (4671, 263662454)
--------------------
4671 booze-soaked cherry drink display 40
4671 263662454 booze-soaked cherry
# booze-soaked cherry
--------------------

Unknown item found: comfy pillow (4672, 612319244)
--------------------
4672 comfy pillow usable display 50
4672 612319244 comfy pillow
# comfy pillow
--------------------

Unknown item found: giant marshmallow (4673, 498535509)
--------------------
4673 giant marshmallow food display 30
4673 498535509 giant marshmallow
# giant marshmallow
--------------------

Unknown item found: sponge cake (4674, 965454799)
--------------------
4674 sponge cake food display 30
4674 965454799 sponge cake
# sponge cake
--------------------

Unknown item found: gin-soaked blotter paper (4675, 242183225)
--------------------
4675 gin-soaked blotter paper drink display 40
4675 242183225 gin-soaked blotter paper
# gin-soaked blotter paper
--------------------

Unknown item found: imp air (4698, 559717153)
--------------------
4698 imp air none, combat all 40
4698 559717153 imp air
# imp air
--------------------

Unknown item found: bus pass (4699, 176406318)
--------------------
4699 bus pass none, combat all 25
4699 176406318 bus pass
# bus pass
--------------------

Last edited:
In this post, skullhead says,
skullhead said:
The logic puzzle is the same every ascension. I lobbied a little to have it randomize, but Jick thought that was a little too dick of a move.

so it doesn't even need a solver. Set a goal condition for the 4 items (of the 6 possible drops) to solve the puzzle and the 5 bus passes, then move to the zone with the glasses condition and 5 imp airs. i wish i'd written down my complete solution when I did it the other day.

Theraze

Yeah... I've got it checking for which of the 3 available items are actually there. Problem is with the visit_url trips to turn in the items not subtracting them as you go... currently refreshing inventory on every step (of the 4 band members)... but at least it's only 4 total server hits, and it reduces erroneous hits.

Fluxxdog

Well, as far as solving the puzzle, there is an issue of having the right items.
The solution (position is unimportant):
Blognort will take the giant marshmallow or the gin-soaked blotter paper.
Stinkface the beer-scented teddy bear or gin-soaked blotter paper.

Flargwurm will take the booze-soaked cherry or the sponge cake.
Jim will take the comfy pillow or the sponge cake.

The reason it's split in to 2 groups is because the solution can be solved with a minimum of 4 items but doesn't require more than 5. Or more simply, you need to at least 2 from both of the following groups since the last item in each list acts as a wild card for the first two:

giant marshmallow, beer-scented teddy bear, gin-soaked blotter paper
booze-soaked cherry, comfy pillow, sponge cake

Thinking from an mock-ASH standpoint:
Code:
int paper_count; int sponge_count;
foreach rider in $items[giant marshmallow,beer-scented teddy bear,gin-soaked blotter paper]{
     if(possess(rider)) paper_count+=1;}
foreach perk in $items[booze-soaked cherry,comfy pillow,sponge cake]{
     if(possess(perk)) sponge_count+=1;}
if(paper_count>=2 && sponge_count>=2) solve_the_puzzle();
else keep_hunting();

Theraze

Fluxx... not quite true. Each will take one of THREE items... Of the 6 items, each has 2 flags. 6*2=12. 4 item types, evenly distribuited... 3 options per.

Not that it works yet, but as soon as mafia automation gets there, this version of Rinn's Level 6 script should automate the quest (and the rest of the steel organ). But it's still waiting on the proper snarfblats and items to be known to be existing...

Edit: Hey! New tag! Thanks fewyn!

Edit2: Sorry about that, Fluxx. Forgot about the hate category. Updated the script, so if anyone was actually trying to use it, you want this version instead, which should also be able to get more gifts if you don't get enough when getting your bus passes.

Attachments

• Level 6.ash
    7.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Edit: Hey! New tag! Thanks fewyn!

He doesn't read every thread, so he wasn't responding to the thread requesting the tag. Then I PMed him about the threads where it was being discussed and he added the new tag within 24 hours. He always responds pretty promptly whenever I PM him to change a thread title or anything. :)

Darzil

Developer
Fluxx... not quite true. Each will take one of THREE items... Of the 6 items, each has 2 flags. 6*2=12. 4 item types, evenly distribuited... 3 options per.

Isn't one of these three precluded by what they hate, leaving only two options for each ?

Theraze

True, Darzil. Sorry about that, Fluxx. :D Updated the script above with both the exclusion, as well as doing more adventures to solve if the puzzle isn't done yet.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
He doesn't read every thread, so he wasn't responding to the thread requesting the tag. Then I PMed him about the threads where it was being discussed and he added the new tag within 24 hours. He always responds pretty promptly whenever I PM him to change a thread title or anything. :)

I read some if the title interests me!

Theraze

Okay... here's a patch to change the Friar's Gate adventure to Pandamonium Slums, and removes the steel organ quest parts from the goal list.

Can't really give a monster patch, what with the scaling monsters all over my files, but at least this allows for a bit closer to normal adventuring. May try to put together adventure location for the others, but won't be for a day or two on those, most likely... I wiped my override files again, but if I remember after it regenerates them, it should be fine...

Attachments

• PandamoniumSlums.patch
    2.7 KB · Views: 22

Fluxxdog

Edit2: Sorry about that, Fluxx. Forgot about the hate category. Updated the script, so if anyone was actually trying to use it, you want this version instead, which should also be able to get more gifts if you don't get enough when getting your bus passes.
Yeah, the hate almost threw me off too. As far as your script goes, I'm modding the heck out of that sucker. I see so much trimming I can do. For example, why feed them an item as you're going along? Wait until you have the needed items and them feed them all at once. That way, you don't have to keep refreshing your inventory.

Theraze

I put in those refresh bits because it runs the music quest after you've done the bus passes, but before you've purposefully gone gift-farming... you probably already have at least 4 items after that, but there's no way to guarantee which those might be. I could force all 6 to be collected and just use the same 4 after... but that's less optimal adventure-wise, as well as guaranteeing more server hits... at least 2 per fight (start/end), instead of being 1 per item.

Eventually, mafia should be able to track when you give items to finish the quest, at which point the inventory refresh bits won't be needed anymore...

Fluxxdog

it runs the music quest after you've done the bus passes
Why? Once you've finished the hand-outs, you don't get any more non-combats. You can give each band member their rider and go right back to farming bus passes without interruption. Unless you've found otherwise. Once I solved it, I went through about 20 more adventures before I got my last bus pass and not one of them was a non-com.

Theraze

Hmm... so, save 2 noncombats if you stop right on 4 items? Suppose I could rework it to look at the 4 you have, and make a gifting plan based on that... Means a bunch of different plans instead of just doing the 4 giftings, but... would be messy script, clean results. Or I suppose the band quest could just move up before bus passes, which makes it stop as soon as you have the 4 different items which it will turn in as soon as you get them...

Fluxxdog

Here's what I did. (Some of the function's are part of zlib and my personal library, but you can probably figure them out.)
Code:
give_rider(string member,item rider){
	debug_print("Giving "+member+" a "+rider);
	visit_url("pandamonium.php?action=sven&bandmember="+member+"&togive="+to_int(rider)+"&preaction=try&bandcamp=Give+It");}
if(have_item("giant marshmallow")+have_item("beer-scented teddy bear")+have_item("gin-soaked blotter paper")>=2
&& have_item("booze-soaked cherry")+have_item("comfy pillow")+have_item("sponge cake")>=2
&& !possess_item("Azazel's unicorn")){
	if(possess_item("giant marshmallow") give_rider("Bognort",$item[giant marshmallow]);
	else give_rider("Bognort",$item[gin-soaked blotter paper]);
	if(possess_item("beer-scented teddy bear") give_rider("Stinkface",$item[beer-scented teddy bear]);
	else give_rider("Stinkface",$item[gin-soaked blotter paper]);
	if(possess_item("booze-soaked cherry") give_rider("Flargwurm",$item[booze-soaked cherry]);
	else give_rider("Flargwurm",$item[sponge cake]);
	if(possess_item("comfy pillow") give_rider("Jim",$item[comfy pillow]);
	else give_rider("Jim",$item[sponge cake]);}
Another experience I had was that no non-com repeated while you had that item. If any experiences differently, the first part is simple enough to change to to_int(possess_item("whatever")) Anyway, this gets checked each time before you adventure with another check combined for bus passes. So, as long as you don't have the unicorn and 5 bus passes, it'll adventure there. Once you have both, BAM! no more adventures spent there.

The whole of what I changed the script to for me is attached if you're interested.

Attachments

• LV6up.ash
    2.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Theraze

Anyways, here's an updated patch file that should include all the new items, monsters, and combats...

Does have all the monster updates, but can strip out the above ones with the scaling monsters if you haven't applied that patch. :) All the new pandamonium mobs are down at the bottom together.

Attachments

• Pandamonium.patch
    26.9 KB · Views: 24

Winterbay

Here's what I did. (Some of the function's are part of zlib and my personal library, but you can probably figure them out.)
Code:
give_rider(string member,item rider){
	debug_print("Giving "+member+" a "+rider);
	visit_url("pandamonium.php?action=sven&bandmember="+member+"&togive="+to_int(rider)+"&preaction=try&bandcamp=Give+It");}
if(have_item("giant marshmallow")+have_item("beer-scented teddy bear")+have_item("gin-soaked blotter paper")>=2
&& have_item("booze-soaked cherry")+have_item("comfy pillow")+have_item("sponge cake")>=2
&& !possess_item("Azazel's unicorn")){
	if(possess_item("giant marshmallow") give_rider("Bognort",$item[giant marshmallow]);
	else give_rider("Bognort",$item[gin-soaked blotter paper]);
	if(possess_item("beer-scented teddy bear") give_rider("Stinkface",$item[beer-scented teddy bear]);
	else give_rider("Stinkface",$item[gin-soaked blotter paper]);
	if(possess_item("booze-soaked cherry") give_rider("Flargwurm",$item[booze-soaked cherry]);
	else give_rider("Flargwurm",$item[sponge cake]);
	if(possess_item("comfy pillow") give_rider("Jim",$item[comfy pillow]);
	else give_rider("Jim",$item[sponge cake]);}
Another experience I had was that no non-com repeated while you had that item. If any experiences differently, the first part is simple enough to change to to_int(possess_item("whatever")) Anyway, this gets checked each time before you adventure with another check combined for bus passes. So, as long as you don't have the unicorn and 5 bus passes, it'll adventure there. Once you have both, BAM! no more adventures spent there.

The whole of what I changed the script to for me is attached if you're interested.

While going through the thing and thinking ti would be an elaborate version of the Einstein riddle I did more adventures than strictly needed since I wanted more info and I seem to recall that i got the same message more than once which was when I decided to stop farming fo rmore info. I might be wrong though and could've given an item away at that point. Not sure.