New Content - Implemented New path "Actually Ed the Undying"

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm about to hop back in to another Ed run. I'll see about suppressing use links in the Underworld - and will test whether api.php?what=inventory is suppressed when you are down there.

Yendor

Mafia doesn't currently recognize that Ed can PvP. The hippy stone-equivalent is in the Underworld. Here's the record of breaking it from my session log:

place.php?whichplace=edunder&action=edunder_hippy
Encounter: A Stone Shrine
Took choice 1057/1: unknown
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=1057&option=1

Don't know if this matters, but in choice 679, the adventure that turns the Castle wheel, Ed gets option 2 instead of the usual 1.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
When logging in, mafia doesn't know whether your stone is broken until checking. Unless you're already in the Underworld, there's no (acceptable) way to check that, I think. Parsing that from whichplace=edunder is probably a thing that can be done, when you happen to visit there.

Yendor

Can't it be checked at the Colosseum? If you visit peevpee.php?place=fight isn't there a message if you haven't broken the hippy stone?

Darzil

Developer
Just venting a bit. If SOMETHING isn't loaded correctly from modifiers.txt, Mafia will not load the UI, and will not generate a debug log or error messages. It's making it really "interesting" to debug the hours of coding I've just done! Hopefully I can track that down and remove the possibility to fail there.

Edit : It's something to do with Weapons. I can delete everything other than weapons from modifers.txt without causing a failure.

Last edited:
When issues like this one strike I enclose the main method of Mafia inside a try/catch block so I can at least get a stack trace.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
1) When I was in Valhalla this morning, here is what after-life Al said:

You are about to step into a Hardcore incarnation, and be born under the The Wallaby Moon Sign as Actually Ed the Undying.

You have chosen the Actually Ed the Undying Path.
Seems like the name of the character class perhaps should be "Actually Ed the Undying" rather than "Ed".

2) Purr of the Feline is effectively "Servant Level: +5". Sort of like the various items/effects/skills in Axecore that are "Minstrel Level: +X". When you look at your servants in the Servants' Quarters, you see their real level & experience, but in the charpane, it shows the boosted-by-five level.

We should probably support this the same way we support Minstrel Level, even though the Effect description says "Makes Ed's Servants Stronger" rather than "Servant Level: +5". I am actually surprised the description isn't more informative; it's sort of like those old-style effects that were intentionally vague.

Bale

Minion
We should probably support this the same way we support Minstrel Level, even though the Effect description says "Makes Ed's Servants Stronger" rather than "Servant Level: +5". I am actually surprised the description isn't more informative; it's sort of like those old-style effects that were intentionally vague.

Considering that next month's IotM will probably give +5 to servant level, it would be a good idea to start doing that now.

Bale

Minion
Found a bug

Upon finishing up as Ed, KoLmafia does not sufficiently check my campground to find out that I am capable of cooking. After manually clicking on my kitchen in the relay browser KoLmafia will cook for me.

Magus_Prime

In r15456 I was auto-adventuring in the Oil Peak, lost a combat to an Oil Tycoon and ended up in The Underworld. KoLmafia couldn't resume the combat. Fair enough.

Once I manually exited The Underworld, resumed, and won the encounter, I tried to continue auto-adventuring in Oil Peak. Not possible. KoLmafia just prints "That area is not available" in the gCLI.

Manual adventuring in the relay browser works.

Magus_Prime

Something very odd just happened with r15456: I received the level 11 quest text, the Staff of Ed, which was equipped, was disassembled, all as expected. The following also happened:

1. I could not change equipment from the Gear Changer tab
2. None of my buffs would trigger from the active mood
3. Neither a character status refresh nor an inventory refresh from the GUI restored normal operation
4. Adventuring and inventory manipulation worked as normal from the relay browser

Shutting down KoLmafia and restarting restored things to normal.

Bale

Minion
choiceAdventure1000 (Ed's Rat Faucet) has only one options. Please set it to 1 in defaults.txt

Darzil

Developer
Update - My patch for handling duplicate item names is getting there. Still not 100%, as I keep finding places where we internally convert from itemId to itemName and back again. Also it only currently handles it in modifiers.txt, and Maximizer isn't yet using itemIds for items. I have now got equip ¶2268 and equip [2268] working for equipping particular itemIds though. Can't put it live in this state, as currently a fair bit of code isn't working 100%.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Good luck! I've been looking forward to this.

I've also been putting off some refactoring of ConsumablesDatabase/ItemFinder/UseItemCommand so as to not interfere with your project.

Darzil

Developer
Seeing some nice things coming out of it. Industrial Strength Starch no longer appears twice in Maximizer for example.