New Content - Implemented New Challenge Path - Avatar of Boris

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Note sure if this has been mentioned, but 'Good Singing Voice' doubles the duration of Boris songs, and turns_per_cast() should be advusted for it.

ckb

catch failure to change clancey equipment?

If you try to use the lute while in combat, mafia will act like it's consumed it and you have to go back into the invintory and equip it by hand to make mafia "see" it again.

Theraze

Isn't this the same thing that happens anytime mafia believes that equipment has been changed incorrectly, and is not actually a Clancy/AoB-related problem?

Perhaps, but in this case it should be easier to catch the failure due to clancy's change of image, or pointedly, failure to change image.

shouldn't it be an easy check? You just went through quite a bit of trouble scripting mafia to be able to check the image of familiars. Let me guess, no easy way to repurpose the code from one to the other is there?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You miss the point. We can do one of two things:

- When we "use" an instrument, immediately detect that it failed.
- Assume that everything is peachy and later, whenever the charpane refreshes, realize that we screwed up and undo things.

One of those is "correct". The other is not.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
*sigh*

Yes. You reported a bug. Thank you.

I am gently suggesting that you leave it at that, rather than proposing that we fix the bug in a particular way. Leave it to the developers to decide what the problem is, what the options to fix it are, what the BEST option is, and to execute on that decision.

It does not help to say "Oh, you should just do such-and-such. Easy!"

Got it? Thanks.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Avatar of Boris Autorecovery failure: v 15.1 with jar from revision 10769 (my build) This has been happening for a few days, so not from an immediate commit.

from my Graphical CLI tab:
Beaten Up will be removed by ongue of the Otter...
You don't have a skill uniquely matching "Tongue of the Otter"
Autorecovery failed.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Possibly related to the last. I can't make Milk of Magnesium, but it still asks me if I want to eat without it. Perhaps it's not realizing I don't have access to Hardcore Permed skills in Boris?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Possibly related to the last. I can't make Milk of Magnesium, but it still asks me if I want to eat without it. Perhaps it's not realizing I don't have access to Hardcore Permed skills in Boris?
Are you Softcore? If so, it will ask about Milk if you are out of Ronin, since you CAN get it from the Mall, Storage, or Stash at that time. (If you are Softcore, you can get it from Storage earlier, if you pull it, but we won't nag you unless you have already pulled it.)

If you are Hardcore, we should never nag you about Milk.

Theraze

Avatar of Boris Autorecovery failure: v 15.1 with jar from revision 10769 (my build) This has been happening for a few days, so not from an immediate commit.

from my Graphical CLI tab:
Beaten Up will be removed by ongue of the Otter...
You don't have a skill uniquely matching "Tongue of the Otter"
Autorecovery failed.

Same bug as here.

FR: Can all the Clancy adventures be autostops? I thought the Brawl and Peak were, but I could be mistakin. However, the Knob Shaft didn't stop for me tonight. :) Thanks.

Theraze

Brawl is not an autostop or, officially, a choiceadv. I've tried setting both and mafia keeps automating past it.

+1 to making them autostops though.

Winterbay

I think they are pretty much "this adventure will show up after 5 or 6 turns" so adventuring for 5 or 6 turns will also get the adventure for you.

Of course, by the time you start with Accompaniment and More to Love, you probably start skipping the Clancy adv's anyway to cut turns.

Winterbay

You still need to do the first two in order to get the Lute, and since at least I am spending more than 6 turns in the middle chamber that one is essentially free, meaning that the only one with a potential to save turns is really the icy peak (which would then stop you from getting the pyramid one) and I think the extra level may be worth it for 6 or so turns.