Nemesis quest script

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Made a quick fix for this. You will need to get your Epic Weapon manually, but it will run to that point, stop so you can get it, and run again after.
Still needs the Tomb of the Unknown Your Class Here stuff automated.

T_E

I might have misunderstood the point at which to run the script (or expected it to stop on its own when in fact it's not meant to do so).
My multi is an AT this aftercore. I got my epic weapon (did the Tomb of the Unknown class stuff) and then ran the script. It appears that the script got the 'Fun' House item from the clown lord and didn't visit the guild/stop for manual creation (it ran 164 turns in the 'Fun House' before I stopped it manually, oops).
ETA: Re-ran the script after I made my LEW- it ran fine up to the thug queue, at which point I stopped it manually so I could do other KoL stuff up to the volcano map drop. I ran it again once the map dropped and the script ran exactly as expected the rest of the way.

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
My multi is an AT this aftercore. I got my epic weapon (did the Tomb of the Unknown class stuff) and then ran the script. It appears that the script got the 'Fun' House item from the clown lord and didn't visit the guild/stop for manual creation (it ran 164 turns in the 'Fun House' before I stopped it manually, oops).

Huh. That is strange... I don't see any reason why that should happen. I made one more tweak that might help this, but it is hard to test these things myself because it can only be done once per run.

T_E

I just tried it again, this time on my main. Once again, the script did not stop adventuring in the 'Fun' House until I manually stopped it (just 1 turn this time). After that, it progressed correctly up to the password strips- it didn't stop after obtaining those and kept going until I manually stopped it. Once I did that. it fought Lumpy in the Inner Sanctum. Let me know if you need anything else from me information-wise and thanks for working on this script! =D

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Just ran the nemesis script as an AT after manually getting my EW. It correctly stopped after getting the Fun House item, smithed by LEW, and continued as expected. I am not sure that happened with your trials.

T_E

I am not sure that happened with your trials.

I'm not sure either! =)
I just tried again (as S) and everything went well.
I will need to remember that when the script stops, I need to visit my guild dude before heading to the Unquiet Garves (the zone appears already by this point due to in-run stuff but the quest line doesn't seem to advance until you visit your guild dude and the script doesn't do the visit before prompting the manual part- no biggie at all but I could see that causing troubles).
Thank you once again for your work on this script!

Last edited:

Zen00

I promised or casually mentioned I'd work on this, and I believe I have. Here is hopefully a fix for the revamp. Just paste it over the code that currently performs this function. HOWEVER! I have not had anyone able to test this yet, so if it blows up.... let the buyer beware. :p

http://pastebin.com/tF5svC5F

Rejem

The page has been removed.
When I run I get: Bad location value: "Nemesis Cave" (nemesis.ash, line 497)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Just realized that your previous post was Moderated for some reason (automated forum stuff), that probably won't happen for you in the future?

ckb

Minion
Staff member
The page has been removed.
When I run I get: Bad location value: "Nemesis Cave" (nemesis.ash, line 497)

Yeah, the revamp broke this script pretty bad. Its on a long list of things to fix... but if anyone want to submit new code I will integrate it.

mrOaks

Yeah, the revamp broke this script pretty bad. Its on a long list of things to fix... but if anyone want to submit new code I will integrate it.

I made some modifications on the original script and this is the copy I've been using lately. It works perfectly for me, but I'm not positive it's optimized to minimize server hits or performance, especially when visiting the guild's quest giver a couple of extra times to make sure the quest has advanced. I have also commented a few parts of the old code just in case those steps get re-introduced, as I seem to recall Riff once saying that would happen, but I guess that could be deleted in the meantime. This could use a review from a more experienced scripter, but it's been doing the job for me for a few dozen runs.

View attachment nemesiscustom.ash

Grabuge

I had one problem. It seems that you can't just buy a Epic Weapon anymore. You have to fight the unknown ghost to continue.

Anyone else ran into that problem? The script currently check for the Epic Weapon and if you have one jump directly to the fun house, without facing the ghost.

Grabuge

Ok so now the epic weapon is untradeable but if you had some from a previous ascension or that you had bought one before they became untradeable, the script will fail since it is currently using those item as a proof that you killed the ghost of your class. I wonder if mafia has a variable for this otherwise I was thinking of using last_monster()=($monster[The Unknown Seal Clubber] || $monster[The Unknown Turtle Tamer] etc) to continue the script.

Anyone has a better idea?

Theraze

Check for the noncombat in the queue to see if you hit the unknown tomb?

Or does mafia have native tracking preferences that you could use instead that would tell you what stage you're actually at?

Grabuge

I tried to look it up but didn't see anything about tracking in mafia. I rather not hit the server each time to see if the quest tracker change.

How would I check for the non combat? Use a matcher?