missingManuel.ash - Yet Another Manuel Script!

Darzil

Developer
Can see two small issues at present. One is that it shows me not having completed the translated Lonely Construct factoids (which I guess is just because they are identical to the untranslated ones). The other is that it is shows me as not having got the Your Shadow factoids, but I have the (shadow opponent) ones which these are.

Turing

Version 1.6 is out.

Fixes the Your Shadow issue that Darzil found, and groups the Animelfs.

The problem with the Lonely Construct has not been fixed, because I don't want to put in an ugly patch to fix it until I'm sure TPTB won't write different factoids for the translated construct.

Erich

This is a great script and I love it. But can I make a really silly feature request? Abort if no Manuel. I accidentally ran it with a multi, and it ran the whole script and displayed every entry, even though the multi doesn't have manuel.

questlog.php?which=6 is available for non manuel owners via url, so maybe a check to see if [Monster Manuel] shows up in the top bar of your quest page before making the server hits?

Turing

Yeah, gonna have to wait until they add those monsters to Mafia to see if anything needs to be sorted out. I've got the No Manuel fix in place. It'll be on the next release.

Darzil

Developer
The monsters have been added (well, other than skeletons, as I'll not know them til I get the Jick jar.

Turing

Version 1.7 is out. It will now check if you have Monster Manuel before running the script. The Psychoses monsters (except Jick's jar) have been sorted.

deathsausage

I've been having a problem with versions 1.6 and 1.7. Both of them start to run, but then instead of even going to a countdown they say "Bad monster value: "Circuit-Soldering Animelf" (missingManuel.ash, line 175)" and crash. Do I have something funky on my end?

Darzil

Developer
I've been having a problem with versions 1.6 and 1.7. Both of them start to run, but then instead of even going to a countdown they say "Bad monster value: "Circuit-Soldering Animelf" (missingManuel.ash, line 175)" and crash. Do I have something funky on my end?

Have you got the latest up to date mafia jar (daily/hourly build) ?

deathsausage

Oh. That would make sense. I generally only get the numbered builds, because I don't wanna download before I play kol every day. But yeah, I should just get a daily. Thanks.

Turing

The first post mentions which build I used to run the current version, so anything after that should be fine. :)

Bale

Minion
Version 1.7 is out. It will now check if you have Monster Manuel before running the script. The Psychoses monsters (except Jick's jar) have been sorted.

May I make a suggestion for the sorting?

Code:
	postAreas["The Gourd"] = "Anger Man's Level";
	postAreas["Anger Man's Level"] = "Doubt Man's Level";
	postAreas["Doubt Man's Level"] = "Fear Man's Level";
	postAreas["Fear Man's Level"] = "Regret Man's Level";
	postAreas["Regret Man's Level"] = "The Nightmare Meatrealm";
	postAreas["The Nightmare Meatrealm"] = "The Old Man's Bathtime Adventure";
	postAreas["The Old Man's Bathtime Adventure"] = "A Kitchen Drawer";
	postAreas["A Kitchen Drawer"] = "A Grocery Bag";
	postAreas["A Grocery Bag"] = "Chinatown Shops";
	postAreas["Chinatown Shops"] = "Triad Factory";
	postAreas["Triad Factory"] = "Shiawase-Mitsuhama Building";
	postAreas["Shiawase-Mitsuhama Building"] = "Chinatown Tenement";

Unfortunately I added that to my version and although it organizes most of those zones, The Gourd and Anger Man's Level are not in the correct order with their friends. Why is that?