Bug - Fixed Milestone use causes unnecessary nag at the desert

HippoKing

Mafia has a relay nag window that stops you adventuring in the desert without ultrahydrated, and sends you to the Oasis if you're not.

The first desert exploration turn unlocks the Oasis. I believe right now Mafia treats desertExploration>0 as the condition for the Oasis being available. That recently stopped being true with the introduction of the Milestone in this month's IOTM.

I'm intending to update the exact same problem from the same conditional in autoscend, so please share what your opinions are on the solution (eg if an `oasisUnlocked` variable is added that would be perfect for our use case).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The technical turn is "relay warning".

Yes, an "oasisUnlocked" property seems like the way to go.

I'll be ascending today. Given my model trainset, the desert will be available tomorrow at the latest and I will look at it then.
(I just finished my 7th Standard Normal run - and I started the island war every time on day 1. Today will be my first Standard Hardcore run of the year and I don't know what to expect yet.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm also curious about what happens if your first desert visit is after using 2 milestones - 10%.
Do you immediately get approached by Gnasir? Does he open the Oasis for you?
(Considering that he wants a stone rose, one would think so.)
Well, it will take two runs to get the HTML for exploring in the desert and opening the Oasis and then, perhaps getting Gnasir right away.

HippoKing

Azp2k32 (#1014107) has said on the LASS Discord that Gnasir comes first, then the Oasis unlock.

Thanks a tonne for the very rapid work on this.

AlbinoRhino

Can confirm that Gnasir is the first visit when starting with 2 milestones used. Next adv is Oasis unlock...well, the +10 Ultrahydrated adventure...is that the unlock?