Feature Maximizer prioritize Uncle Crimbo's Hat over Hairpiece On Fire

I've got the latest build of Mafia. In the modifier maximizer, maximizing for adventures per day will always suggest equipping the Hairpiece On Fire (assuming you don't have a hat that gives more than +4 adventures). But I also have Uncle Crimbo's Hat, which gives not only the same +4 adventures per day, but also 100 adventures of two separate buffs on rollover. Therefore, it's always more beneficial to equip Uncle Crimbo's Hat, if you have it. Is there a way to have the maximizer prioritize equipping Uncle Crimbo's Hat over the Hairpiece On Fire, assuming the player doesn't have a hat that gives more than +4 adventures, and assuming the player has both those hats?

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
well, you can add +bonus to the hat, or you can do what I do and add +equip Uncle Crimbo's Hat. I wrote a script to list (and equip, if used correctly) items with bonus rollover adventures, but I eventually sorta gave up on getting in the habit of running it.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Here's a (sorta random) example:
Code:
adv, +equip hewn, +equip nov mon tick, +20000 bonus mariachi hat
Maximizing...
300 combinations checked, best score 20,024.00

+equip says "do it, regardless"
+bonus (a new feature) says "weigh this thing by a bonus amount"

+equip says "do it, regardless"
+bonus (a new feature) says "weigh this thing by a bonus amount"
Those both work, but I was hoping for some method that didn't require typing something in each time. The maximizer remembers the last 5 things you either selected from the list or typed in manually, but if I type "adv, +1 bonus uncle crimbo's hat" and then maximize for 5 other things, it'll be pushed off the list. Is there a way to add that custom string to the list of preprogrammed maximizer options in the dropdown menu?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Those both work, but I was hoping for some method that didn't require typing something in each time. The maximizer remembers the last 5 things you either selected from the list or typed in manually, but if I type "adv, +1 bonus uncle crimbo's hat" and then maximize for 5 other things, it'll be pushed off the list. Is there a way to add that custom string to the list of preprogrammed maximizer options in the dropdown menu?

Preferences->General->Maximizer

Recent maximizer string buffer

Defaults to 5 so you can probably raise it and get what you asked for.