Make.meat.fast

Winterbay

This is a wonderful script for my farming multi, I have noticed somethign odd over the last two days. Yesterday it decided that it was a good idea to farm the middle chamber rather than ducks followed by the castle in the sky and subsequently made roughly 30k instead of 150k. Today it seems to be suggesting that I adventure in the hobopolis maze which is very interesting as the clan my multi is in doesn't have a basement.

The only changes I've done (apart from updating mafia) is to update zlib, SS and FTF. Any ideas on this?

slyz

Developer
After farming the middle chamber (for ancient magi-wipes I guess, or items to pulverize into wads), didn't it fill your mall store with items to sell? When those sell I doubt you only made 30k for a day's farming.
If your multi doesn't have a store, get one quickly, because this script decides what items to farm with the mall in mind.

Winterbay

Yes, it did. I thouht of that afterwards. I also solved the problem of today by editing canadv to "return false" for all clan dungeon locations.

Take_Pills

anyone else getting the "Function 'item_drops_array( monster )' undefined (zlib.ash, line 232)" error with the new zlib and what the appropriate new function is?

morgad

another minor patch ...

I have replace the lines at the bottom of far.ash -
Code:
cli_execute("nuns");
cli_execute("nuns");
cli_execute("nuns");

with the following, to get rid of the 'none of the Nuns' errors I was getting, as I was getting automatic visits to the Nuns during script runs to top up on MP

Code:
// an idea from universal_recovery.ash
int visits_left = 3 - get_property("nunsVisits").to_int();

print ("Visting Nuns "+visits_left+" time(s)");
for nunCount from 1 upto visits_left
    cli_execute("nuns");

Dave

MadMutagen

I just started using this script, and I'm getting the following error while it is choosing familiars.
Code:
Considering He-Boulder versus Stinky Gravy Fairy
Keeping both He-Boulder and Stinky Gravy Fairy.
[COLOR="Red"]Map modified within foreach (farm.ash, line 163)[/COLOR]

Halp?

Take_Pills

As of today my farm.ash thinks that you can increase the drop-rate on pp only items with +ID. That's not true and as a result it's making me farm wonky places. Anyone else's have them farming the sewer tunnel or the haunted pantry? that probably means you have this problem.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
This is because Mafia now recognizes the drop rates for pickpocket-only items, and farm.ash hasn't been updated in a while -- it'd have to use the new item_drops_array() to determine whether items are pickpocketable or not.

Take_Pills

I should have a solution to the aforementioned problem posted before rollover tonight (as i need to do my farming! :D). I can't make any promisses though, as i have some exams in the meantime.

hroth

Current Performance

I was wondering if a few folks could share what their current average take is from farm.ash - I am considering buying it and was wondering if the 'arbitrage' was still worth it.

Thanks!

Take_Pills

I was wondering if a few folks could share what their current average take is from farm.ash - I am considering buying it and was wondering if the 'arbitrage' was still worth it.

Thanks!

The script nets me around 250,000 meat a day--around 900 meat/adv with gear that costs [in total] less than 50,000 as well as very few skills (just sympathy, the db passives, and the moxie sign passives). That being said, farm.ash isn't perfectly efficient by itself and needs a bit of help/maintenance if you want the absolute bang for your buck.
namely,
-it doesn't consider semi-rares, which can easily increase meat/adventure by at least 100 (but decrease total adventures as well as money spent on food)
-it doesn't manage buffs at all. for some reason it picks up all the daily buffs, i.e. blessing, arena buff etc at the end of the day which doesn't make much sense to me as they could be useful depending on what you're farming. it also doesn't have permission to go ahead and purchase nasal spray/eyedrops/pet-buffing even if it knows it will be efficient. this means that you have to simulate the farming first, use your buffs, then run it again and hope it still wants those buffs the second time around (don't worry, it probably will). I don't know how long this code takes for most people to run (for me about 5 minutes for the simulation) but this can be frustrating.
-mall selling items will always be a problems due to certain restrictions set by KolMafia (i imagine to avoid mall-bots). namely, you're not guaranteed to sell the items at the expected value.
-I'm not sure about this and would really appreciate it if someone knows the answer, but i think eatdrink measures the worth of food based on average adventures/cost which is silly as it should be using marginal benefit.

haha i guess that was a lot of bashing but i still use this script and have for a couple months now. sometimes it can be frustrating but if you're like me and are too lazy to manage this sort of thing, it's a great script with pretty good earnings that tend to beat castle farming.

scud121

I'm having issues with the script at the moment - its constantly attempting to run the pantry. Realise that its a mafia thing, but is there any easy fix?

dragonslayere

Code:
> call scripts\farm.ash

(file not found)
0 prices updated from http://zachbardon.com/mafiatools/updateprices.php?action=getmap
1946 prices updated from http://nixietube.info/mallprices.txt
Saving outfit and familiar...
Internal checkpoint created.
Choosing familiars to consider...
There are 122 familiars in the game. You have 19 of them available.
You have 5 that affect meat or item drops.
Considering Baby Gravy Fairy versus Flaming Gravy Fairy
Removing Flaming Gravy Fairy which is inferior to Baby Gravy Fairy.
Considering Baby Gravy Fairy versus Jumpsuited Hound Dog
Unexpected error, debug log printed.

running KoLmafia-8409 with latest zlib, ftf, canadv, and ss

Winterbay

I'm having issues with the script at the moment - its constantly attempting to run the pantry. Realise that its a mafia thing, but is there any easy fix?

The easiest way to avoid this is to make a copy of your canadv.ash and rename it to say, canadv_nopantry.ash, and then change the line in farm.ash (line 5) that imports canadv to canadv_nopantry.

Then you open the renamed canadv and adds "return false;" (without quotes) to the line that begins with "case $location[Haunted Pantry]: ". This will make canadv report that you can't go to the haunted pantry and farm.ash won't do that either.

It's not a very elegant solution but it solves that specific problem :)

Bale

Minion
It's not a very elegant solution but it solves that specific problem :)

A much more elegant solution is the one that is built into the script. Open up your vars file and add a line:

Code:
farm_skip_Haunted_Pantry	true

Last edited:

Take_Pills

anyone else getting "Expected ;, found + (zlib.ash, line 222)" with the new zlib? also i'm running the most recent kolmafia