Make.meat.fast

Atreyuu

But from farming the castle?

This isn't a "farming the castle" script. That's not how he made 500k in a day. What the script does is take into consideration your gear and either adventures for you or recommends somewhere to adventure so as to make the highest profit.

dj_d

Lots of reasons it could be, but for starters, try running it first thing in the morning - before eating, drinking, running out of adventures, etc.

forsaken1111

I just tried that on a multi with 1 ascension under his belt. He is in hardcore right now, with 87 adventures prior to eating/drinking etc and is level 14. It went through every zone, changed his equipment a bit, ran a long list and then ended with "Error - no location found where you can adventure."

I probably have some setting wrong or something. I'm a bit new at using KoLMafia and trying to learn. :)

I could post the output, but it's very long.

forsaken1111

Here you go. Ran it again just now, same result.

Edit: May have figured it out. Will let you know tomorrow. I think it was my fault, as I initially suspected.

Attachments

• output.txt
    20.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Tipmon

i kinda dont want my problem to be drowned out so

I start to run it and it says that there is an error 'Begin index 0 greater than end index-1 (canadv.ash, line 48)'
so i went and looked at it and since this is all ash scripty i cant tell what i need to change to fix it, so im now confused

caphector

Farm.ash just suggested I go to The Worm Wood for my farming; I checked to see if it was pricing Tiny bottle of absinthe and it doesn't look like it was.

The clover code looked pretty simple, so I added a similar check for tiny bottles. I don't know if I got the numbers right (particularly the "is it too expensive bit?"), but it ran:

Code:
if ((loc == $location[Rogue Windmill]) || (loc == $location[Mouldering Mansion]) || (loc == $location[Stately Pleasure Dome]))
{
int tinybottleprice = 0;  
item tinybottle = $item[tiny bottle of absinthe];
if (historical_age(tinybottle) > to_float(vars["farm_minAgeLookup"]))
  tinybottleprice = mall_price(tinybottle);
else
  tinybottleprice = historical_price(tinybottle);
int bottlemeat = (loc_meat * 95 / 100) - (tinybottleprice / 10);
if ((bottlemeat < loc_meat * 83 / 100) || !can_interact())
{
  loc_meat = loc_meat * 83 / 100;
  output("Tiny bottles of absinthe are too expensive to use for "+loc);
}
else
{
  loc_meat = bottlemeat;
  output("Tiny bottles of absinthe are price effective; use them for "+loc);
}
}

Since I don't think Mafia/farm.ash will auto-drink Tiny Bottles I told farm.ash to skip the zone for my farming.

lostbug

Edit: May have figured it out. Will let you know tomorrow. I think it was my fault, as I initially suspected.

What did you think it was? Because it just happened to me as well, on a char in SC.

Attachments

• Kiwilog.txt
    20.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Grotfang

Developer

What's your "threshold" setting that zlib is talking about. Looks like that's what is preventing the adventuring.

Guacanator

I get the error:

Request 1 of 321 (IsleWar: Themthar Hills) in progress...
You can't get to that area.

Now, I've already completed that quest...

kasanax

caphector, I was thinking about this, too, and it's actually simpler than you're making it. Whether or not to use clovers depends on the relative value of the adventures and the clovers, but for Wormwood and Astral, it's just a fixed thing - either you 'pay the fee' to adventure in the area, or you don't. Because of this, it should be sufficient (as far as I can tell) to simply adjust the value of the location by a fixed amount.

Here's the code I'm using:

Code:
 // Special modifications for Wormwood, Astral trips
      if ((loc == $location[Rogue Windmill]) || 
          (loc == $location[Mouldering Mansion]) ||
          (loc == $location[Stately Pleasure Dome]))
      {
        item tinybottle = $item[tiny bottle of absinthe];
        int tinybottleprice = historical_price(tinybottle);
        if(historical_age(tinybottle) > to_float(vars["farm_minAgeLookup"]))
          tinybottleprice = mall_price(tinybottle);
        loc_meat = loc_meat - (tinybottleprice / 10);
      }
      if ((loc == $location[Astral Mushroom (Bad Trip)]) ||
          (loc == $location[Astral Mushroom (Mediocre Trip)]) ||
          (loc == $location[Astral Mushroom (Great Trip)]))
      {
        item astral = $item[astral mushroom];
        int astralprice = historical_price(astral);
        if(historical_age(astral) > to_float(vars["farm_minAgeLookup"]))
          astralprice = mall_price(astral);
        loc_meat = loc_meat - (astralprice / 5);
      }

I can't guarantee that this works, but comparing my results with this to the ones I was getting before, it seems to be working - the Great Trip was at the top of my list originally (around 1200 mpa), and now it's way down at the bottom (around 200 mpa), which fits, seeing as how astral mushrooms are ~4000 meat for 5 adventures.

The one other issue with the astral mushrooms is the violet fog non-combat - the value of this is essentially determined by the current price of either the munchies pill or the ice stein, whichever's higher. It shouldn't be to tough to determine what this is, but with the way non-combats are currently valued (hard coded), I can't think of an easy way to make this work right now...

kasanax

Guacanator: Make sure you've got an updated version of canadv.ash.

It sounds like canadv.ash seems to think you can access Themthar Hills, even though it's completed. If the problem persists, you could just tell farm.ash to avoid Themthar entirely (look in the comments at the top of farm.ash on how to skip locations).

The one other issue with the astral mushrooms is the violet fog non-combat - the value of this is essentially determined by the current price of either the munchies pill or the ice stein, whichever's higher. It shouldn't be to tough to determine what this is, but with the way non-combats are currently valued (hard coded), I can't think of an easy way to make this work right now...

Maybe try something like this?

Code:
int violetfog_meat = max(value[munchies pill], value[ice stein]);
noncombatmeat[$location[Astral Mushroom (Bad Trip)]] = violetfog_meat;
noncombatmeat[$location[Astral Mushroom (Mediocre Trip)]] = violetfog_meat;
noncombatmeat[$location[Astral Mushroom (Great Trip)]] = violetfog_meat;

This leaves you with the problem that the directions given by farm.ash won't tell you which of the two to pick. (And also with the issue that value() is defined later in the code than the noncombatmeat map, but that's easily solved either by moving it up or by pre-declaring it.)

Which reminds me, you can replace the pricing code in your snippet by calls to value(), too, so that it looks like this:
Code:
 // Special modifications for Wormwood, Astral trips
      if ((loc == $location[Rogue Windmill]) || 
          (loc == $location[Mouldering Mansion]) ||
          (loc == $location[Stately Pleasure Dome]))
      {
         loc_meat = loc_meat - (value($item[tiny bottle of absinthe]) / 10);
      }
      if ((loc == $location[Astral Mushroom (Bad Trip)]) ||
          (loc == $location[Astral Mushroom (Mediocre Trip)]) ||
          (loc == $location[Astral Mushroom (Great Trip)]))
      {
        loc_meat = loc_meat - (value($item[astral mushroom]) / 5);
      }

Warning! No code in this post has been run or tested. Syntax (or even logic) may be incorrect.

I ran the script for the first time and it decided to castle farm. Not that I have a problem with that decision, but it also auto sold my wolf masks and giant needles. Isn't it more profitable to pulverize those and sell the twinkly wads in the mall? If I'm correct in that is there a way to code it to kmail them to wadbot/smashbot or at least tell it to NOT autosell them so I can do it manually? If I'm mistaken about that being more profitable then no problem.

Edit: I mean even without the current somewhat inflated price of wads. When I manually farm the castle I'm usually able to sell the wads for 200 meat and they sell out lightning fast.

Edit 2: This may be already answered, but damn 28 pages of thread. Will the script automatically buy and equip stickers if that's optimal for what's being farmed?

Last edited:

dj_d

red: if you tell it to autosell, it will, regardless of other options. At some point in the future it may get smarter about the disposition of items.

It does not purchase and equip stickers; they're generally not worth what you'd spend to acquire them on a meat-for-meat basis IIRC.

red: if you tell it to autosell, it will, regardless of other options. At some point in the future it may get smarter about the disposition of items.

It does not purchase and equip stickers; they're generally not worth what you'd spend to acquire them on a meat-for-meat basis IIRC.

Thanks. I was just thinking there might be niche uses for the item farming stickers depending on what's spiked in price. So no way to insert a command before the autosell command that kmails certain items to wadbot or smashbot?

dj_d

Sure, that would be quite easy for you to add. Pretty soon aqualectrix's script will be ready, though, and it will take care of all that optimization for you.

codster62

Hey, the market has not crashed. farming at the castle will be common as that is one of the best places to accumulate alot of meat, however, I have another problem. Tonight, it started considering saying an adventure had the value of 3900 meat and actually considered the black alley because of the crazy bastard. it even made me adventure there for 16 adventures. Because of it saying an adventure is worth 3900, it was buying very expensive items for me for my eatdrink diet. Why has it just started doing this? After the alley, it sends me to the castle, which is alright, but I spent like 80k on my diet.