Bug - Fixed Kung Fu Hustler effects mess up modifier maximizer

During my last few runs, and back during the Valhalla event, I've noticed that the Kung Fu Hustler effects really mess up the modifier maximizer (at least for items and combat initiative).

For example, with the +items effect (Expert Timing) up, the modifier maximizer will list lots of equipment at -20 (+20 is what you get from the intrinsic), won't list any effects that give no more than +20 (such as pool table buffs and candy hearts), and lists effects that give more at 20 less (so a polka pop at level 8 is listed as +20 instead of +40).

jasonharper

Developer
Oops, I made an assumption that the only intrinsic effects that really matter are the ones granted by equipment - looks like we finally have some exceptions to that.

jasonharper

Developer
r9475 should fix this, however I don't have the Kung Fu Hustler skill to test the specific problem being reported.

Oh, yeah, I suddenly got preoccupied with other things and took a break from playing as soon as I broke the prism. I'll test it using the spider servers.

EDIT: Okay, it's showing weapon damage and initiative effects properly. Only "problem" is that it doesn't consider the effect of equipping a weapon/off-hand will drop the intrinsic as soon as you enter a combat. But since we just had a world event where you wanted to maximize these things for non-combat purposes, this seems fine to me. In any case, it's definitely showing other equipment options and effects, and that's what I needed/wanted.

EDIT2: Oh, and it occurs to me that if someone (me, suppose) wants to look at how to maximize while retaining their hustler effects, they'd just use the -weapon and -offhand switches. So that's perfect.

Last edited: