Bug - Cannot Reproduce Keeps expecting bounty drops after getting lucre

Terion

Saw this today on my multi who's farming the castle. Took the bounty on discarded pacifiers from Raver Giants. From my session log:

use 1 stinky cheese wheel
You lose 114 hit points
You acquire an item: stinky cheese eye

visit Bounty Hunter Hunter

accept bounty assignment to collect 5 discarded pacifiers

cast 28 Summon Party Favor

<4 other pacifier drops>

[277220] Giant's Castle
Encounter: Raver Giant
Round 0: Delthin wins initiative!
Round 1: Delthin executes a macro!
Round 1: Delthin uses the facsimile dictionary!
Round 2: Delthin uses the facsimile dictionary!
Round 3: Delthin uses the facsimile dictionary!
Round 4: Delthin uses the facsimile dictionary!
Round 5: Delthin uses the facsimile dictionary!
You gain 96 hit points
You gain 96 Mana Points
Round 6: Delthin uses the facsimile dictionary!
Round 7: Delthin wins the fight!
You gain 440 Meat
You acquire an item: Angry Farmer candy
You acquire an item: Mick's IcyVapoHotness Rub
You acquire an item: discarded pacifier
You gain 11 Beefiness
You gain 17 Magicalness
You gain 11 Roguishness

visit Bounty Hunter Hunter
You acquire an item: filthy lucre

On the next Raver Giant combat after that, it didn't put anything in the session log, but after the combat ended in the CLI it placed "Bounty item failed to drop from expected monster." and stopped processing my adventure command (it was at 9 out of 10 adventures in the Castle.)

I hadn't updated his build for a while, so I replaced v9535 with the current v9640, started up Mafia and logged in. I went to Travel -> Visit the Trapper, at which point it said I'd already gotten my lucre (which I had) so I then did more adventures in the Castle. On the next Raver, it stopped again with the same message as above; so, upgrading the build didn't fix it (though maybe that's because the bug caused by the earlier build took place when the bounty was started, and wouldn't be fixed once it was initiated?)

currentBountyItem was 2415; by setting that to null ("set currentBountyItem = ") I no longer got the "failed to drop" message on future Raver Giants.

I don't know if it would have been fixed by having a more current build before starting the BHH bounty; I'll know for certain if the upgrade fixes the origin of the bug the next time there's a discarded pacifier bounty, but I'll try a different bounty tomorrow to see if I do get the error.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm guessing you could have unchecked the box next to Goals in the Adventure window, but that goal should have cleared itself automatically.

Terion

Goals was already unchecked, though I had tried checking and then unchecking the Goals, just in case that would reset it. No such luck.

Well, taking the Disintegrating Cork bounty today (for the Spookyraven wine racks), and I ran it for more turns than I would need; I did not get the message on sommeliers after turning in the bounty and getting the lucre, so it may be fixed with the current build; I'll know for sure the next time there's a discarded pacifier bounty, whenever that may be.

Terion

Well, the last two pacifier bounty days went by without a hitch, so it seems this was just a bug in a past version whose effects weren't fixed by upgrading that day after it was triggered, but isn't present in newer builds.

So, close this out as Can't Reproduce; that's probably the best description, unless you'd rather pick another.