Bug - Won't Fix Interface - in the familiar drop down in Gear Changer, when I press a letter

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
The only reason I can think of for this action is to repopulate the familiar equipment dropdown. Perhaps just have the dropdown speculate what would be available instead?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It was changed to not work like this a while back (due to some forum posts), and enough people didn't like it that it got changed back. That's what I remember, anyway. Or maybe there were other problems with it that I'm not remembering.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This exact problem was reported a while ago. I changed it so that you could move among the familiars with arrow keys and such, but then the menu stayed open until KoLmafia finished switching the familiar. That was deemed even more undesirable, so I changed it back, since I was unable to figure out how to make the various forms of available action routines work the way I wanted.

I suppose we could have a "change familiar button" or something - and presumably, a "switch outfit" button, since, contrary to your assertion, that menu ALSO switches immediately, but I prefer it the way it is right now.

Bale

Minion
I remember that experiment well and your frustration at how none of the handlers were able to do this in the way that you (and incidentally, we) wanted. Everyone assumes that this is an easy fix, but sadly java does not want to work that way.

This should be a refused feature, not a bug.

This exact problem was reported a while ago. I changed it so that you could move among the familiars with arrow keys and such, but then the menu stayed open until KoLmafia finished switching the familiar. That was deemed even more undesirable, so I changed it back, since I was unable to figure out how to make the various forms of available action routines work the way I wanted.

I suppose we could have a "change familiar button" or something - and presumably, a "switch outfit" button, since, contrary to your assertion, that menu ALSO switches immediately, but I prefer it the way it is right now.

what do you mean? in the equipment menu, when I press "s", it jumps to sabre teeth and does nothing. then it goes through the ses one by one. when I do it in the familiar menu, it selects the sabre-tooth lime and closes

Winterbay

No, but in the outfit menu if you press "m" and have one outfit named "Meat drops" and one "Max rollover" it will choose the second one and equip it before you get to the second one.

stannius

Typing into the outfit/familiar dropdown selects the first available option

On the gear changer, if open either of the outfit dropdowns and start typing, the first outfit that starts with the first letter I type is automatically equipped. If I have multiple outfits that start with the same letter, there is no way to select the second one via keyboard (I have to use the mouse and scroll down to it.)

This also happens for the familiar dropdown on the same screen.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is a long-known issue which I have tried to fix, and failed on. The report, attempted fix, and backing out of the fix were all discussed in the long-gone old bug report system. However, there is an existing report in the new system and I am going to merge this report into that one.