If command in the CLI

mjd1066

Can any one supply an example of using the if command within the CLI (not via an ASH script).
I have tried various combinations but as yet I have been unsucessful. I know this is probably simple request, but I can't find any relevant example to help me out.

Once I see how the command is laid out I can pretty much do the rest

Example of what I am trying to acheive

if wasabi sinusus < 240 turns then wear outfit and buy 24 buffs

if you can work an else statement (for info purposes) in as well that would be great.

matt.chugg

ok, i've had a little play, whilst if is available in the cli, I don't think there is a specific cli command to determine the number of turns left of an effect.

any particular reason you don't want to use ash ?

mjd1066

All my scripts have been written for the CLI command line, I will eventually turn them into ASH (when more proficient) but was trying to keep things simple to start off, as not had a lot of experience scripting.

condref command shows uses, but no actual examples

Last edited:

kain

I've always done CLI if statements like this:
Code:
if S.O.C.K. < 1
  conditions add S.O.C.K.
if S.O.C.K < 1
	adventure * airship

matt.chugg

this works for me, as a cli SCRIPT i'm not sure its possibly to put multi line commands directly into the cli

Code:
if one very clear eye < 5
	use 1 cyclops eyedrops
else 
	echo "your eye is already clear enough"

jasonharper

Developer
Well, you could do this via:

if Wasabi Sinuses < 240; use 24 nasal spray

But that's doing things the hard way: add Wasabi Sinuses to the mood you're using, and it will be extended automatically when needed. It will default to using one nasal spray at a time, but you can change that to use a larger number.

mjd1066

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will try each method to see which works the best.
I was looking for method to purchase automatically rather than having the stuff in storage to avoid running out, but I suppose I could add a section to buy x amount at the end of the script to resupply storage.

Will let you know how I get on and thanks again.

mjd1066

after a quick test found that:

if wasabi sinuses < 230; buy 23 knob goblin nasal spray; use 23 knob goblin nasal spray

did exactly what I wanted. Cheers