Heartbreak Hotel's +ML

Spiny

I'm sure Jason, Veracity, whomever are still working on figuring out a way to get this implemented within Mafia for full support.

In the meantime, I was trying to figure out a way to get mafia to recognize that I'm running +ML from the hotel. I tried using mcd #, and it wanted to work as requested, but then defaulted back to +0 ML because Mafia knows I'm in BM and doesn't realize I have a radio device of sorts. The nature of the Hotel's +ML device wouldn't work that simply in the long run anyhow. Anyhow, is there a quick fix for me to easily instruct mafia to recognize +#ML that it doesn't see me having? I keep feeling like I'm missing some obvious thing that will allow me to do this.

Thanks,
-Spiny

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
set _userMods = Monster Level: X

Fill in X with the appropriate number, obviously. This will be cleared every day at rollover.

jasonharper

Developer
In order to actually support the Heartbreaker's ML, I need to know what the display of the current setting looks like in compact mode (corresponding to "MC", "Radio", "AOT5K" for the existing MCDs).

The big question is: should the mcd command support setting this? My inclination is to say no, on the grounds that it costs a turn, and your desired +ML isn't necessarily available - there may need to be a decision made as to which way to adjust the value. There are various scripts out there that adjust MCD on a turn-by-turn basis, it would be disastrous if they started burning a turn each time in BM...

Spiny

In order to actually support the Heartbreaker's ML, I need to know what the display of the current setting looks like in compact mode (corresponding to "MC", "Radio", "AOT5K" for the existing MCDs).

Attached pic what you're looking for? The HH 10 is Hotel set to 10 right now.

The big question is: should the mcd command support setting this? My inclination is to say no, on the grounds that it costs a turn, and your desired +ML isn't necessarily available - there may need to be a decision made as to which way to adjust the value. There are various scripts out there that adjust MCD on a turn-by-turn basis, it would be disastrous if they started burning a turn each time in BM...

I don't think the mcd command should support the hotel due to the adventuring nature. I've only spent one turn there so far and had choices of 2, 6, 10. So I picked 10 and have stuck with it so far.

-Spiny

Attachments

• HHcompact.jpg
    HHcompact.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 60

Spiny

set _userMods = Monster Level: X

Fill in X with the appropriate number, obviously. This will be cleared every day at rollover.

Just a note... the above didn't reset with rollover. I logged in with mafia thinking I had +20 ML due to setting the above to 10 yesterday and mafia now recognizing the hotel itself.

-Spiny