Harvest – A highly customisable farming script

Galanodel

May I offer a suggestion Banna? Increment a counter on how many times the putty is used, instead of just relying on Mafia auto-updating. Mine isn't picking up that it has been used the last time, and gets stuck in a loop until I refresh the items manually.

Banana Lord

Better yet I'll capture the return value of use() and attempt to refresh automatically if something goes wrong. What method are you using to refresh the items? Typing "refresh" in the gCLI? It sounds like a bug with mafia, might be worth filing a bug report (just be polite and precise and Veracity won't vaporise either of us :D).

Galanodel

What happens is that when the item is used that last time, Mafia doesn't consume it properly, so it believes that it still has a spooky putty monster when in fact it doesn't. To fix it, I open up my items window, and hit the refresh button in the lower right hand corner. I'll file a bug report tomorrow, after I verify exactly where it occurs.

EDIT: So, today, the bounty was giants. Bug report will have to be tomorrow :D

Last edited:

bugmenot2

Minor request:: could you capitalize the import of EatDrink.ash ? It is eatdrink.ash in the script, and as a linux user the script fails unless I edit that line or change the capitalization of EatDrink

Banana Lord

Someone else reported that bug about ED's listing in Harvest's settings. I should have changed it for the import as well. It'll be in the next release (out soon, hopefully).

Arundel

First off, I love your script. It is outstanding. I now have the patience for lucre.

I am having a problem on one of my multis though, it keeps telling me I have failed to select a bounty. It runs great on the other characters, but fails on this one everytime. This is my verbosity 3 log:

Code:
main
set_default_settings
create_data_files
file_empty
file_empty
set_general_options
hatter_hat
set_puttyfarming_options
set_bountyhunting_options
have_foldable
set_duckhunting_options
have_foldable
set_farming_options
have_foldable
set_rollover_options

Preparing to bring in the harvest

initialise
Initialising
har_current_activity => prefarm
update_profit_datafile
Profit file already updated
closet_meat
save_prerun_settings
set_ccs
No CCS specified
finished_farming
false
finished_bountyhunting
bountyhunt

Commencing bountyhunting

har_current_activity => bountyhunt
best_hunt
can_access_hunt
Can access Haunted Wine Cellar (automatic): true
can_access_hunt
Can access Sleazy Back Alley: true
can_access_hunt
Can access South of the Border: true
apply_prerun_settings
CCS set to Pastalord
(but battle action is currently set to attack with weapon)
You failed to select a bounty

What am I doing wrong? Thoughts?

Banana Lord

No problem! I had the same problem, as it happens (not wanting to do lucre manually, and not being able to find a script that made it easy to do). I only just recently got olfaction - Thanks to Harvest :).

Have you set a farming location? Even if farming was disabled, leaving that field blank would probably stuff up the bounty hunting code (I really should fix that, in fact, I think I'll add it to my todo list). I hope that's the problem anyway, if not, I'm stumped for now.

EDIT: Oh and thanks for posting a log with Verbosity set to 3, makes it much easier to bug-hunt :).

EDIT2: Realised that I wasn't making any sense, probably from a combination lack of sleep and sickness. Post fixed.

EDIT3: Went ahead and made that change. Hopefully I didn't break something else... :D. The workaround for you would be to leave Farming disabled but enter a location (any location) in the Farming Location field (if that is indeed the problem, as I said, if not, I'm stumped). I'll roll the update as soon as I hear back from Galanodel about the disco combo functionality.

Last edited:

Galanodel

I am so sorry! I thought I posted to let you know, The DB combos are working like a charm now. The script takes about an hour to run, but thats normal.

Banana Lord

Harvest and Harvest Combat updated! Bug fixes abound!

No problem Galanodel! Thanks for being a good bug-tester :).

The script takes about an hour to run
Hehe, the place I'm staying at has a fibre 'net connection :D. SO FAST! Maybe where you live you have a fibre connection already, but I'm used to 200kB/s. I've hit 6MB/s here. Harvest burns though my adventures super fast ;).

EDIT: You could speed it up by changing your settings so that ED doesn't update consumable prices so often, but I'd recommend posting in the ED thread to find the best way to do that for your needs.

EDIT2: Hey, does the screenshot in the first post look slightly blurry to anyone else? The original image certainly isn't. Anyone know how I can fix it?

Last edited:

eegee

Hey, does the screenshot in the first post look slightly blurry to anyone else? The original image certainly isn't. Anyone know how I can fix it?
That might be because of the way the browser resizes the image. The screenshot's original size is 804px × 490px and it is being scaled down to 800px × 488px. I'd recommend trying to resize it to 800px × 488px or something smaller. To do that, you can use IrfanView with a good resize filter like Lanczos (in the Resize/Resample window drop-down).

Banana Lord

Hmm. I'm on a Mac and can't be bothered switching to my Boot Camp partition, or firing up Parallels at the moment, but maybe I'll give that a go later. Thanks! But whatever I do it's going to be downscaled, so it's going to look blurry isn't it? No matter how good the filter is? I know nothing about image-processing, mind you.

Ioeth

Looks like with that last update the script lost the ability to get Ode before calling EatDrink to overdrink at the end of the day. It looks like it didn't bother trying to shrug any of my 3 AT buffs nor attempt to contact buffy. Let me know if you need a log!

eegee

Here is a fixed version you can use until Banana Lord updates his version.

EDIT: here is also an updated image for that first page that shouldn't be blurry
Harvest Screenshot.png

Attachments

• Harvest.ash
    58.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Banana Lord

This is just ridiculous. Updated Harvest again. Sorry about that. And thanks very much eegee for posting a fix.

EDIT: And thanks for the fixed image! Looks great!

Last edited:

Galanodel

Spooky putty issue still cropping up, is actually worse now, have to stop the script to refresh it =/. Will post a bug report later on, moving apartments at the moment.