First Things First -- a multipurpose pre-combat consult script

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumcheekcity

[10399] Outskirts of The Knob
Encounter: Knob Goblin BBQ
Encounter: Knob Goblin Barbecue Team
Strategy: C:\Documents and Settings\Andreas\Desktop\My Dropbox\KoL Mafia\ccs\smartstasis.ccs [default]
Round 0: bumcheekcity2 wins initiative!
back 40
other back 40
Multiple matches against 4.
back 40
other back 40
Multiple matches against 40.
back 40
other back 40
back 40
other back 40
Round 1: bumcheekcity2 uses the facsimile dictionary!
Round 2: bumcheekcity2 uses the facsimile dictionary!
Round 3: bumcheekcity2 uses the facsimile dictionary!
Round 4: bumcheekcity2 uses the facsimile dictionary!
Round 5: bumcheekcity2 uses the facsimile dictionary!
Round 5: Trort climbs up and sits on your shoulder, and hands you some Meat. Huh, where did he find that?
You gain 99 Meat
Round 6: bumcheekcity2 attacks!
Round 6: Trort sits on your fallen opponent's body, blows a smoke ring, and winks at you.
Round 6: knob goblin barbecue team takes 384 damage.
You gain 55 Meat
You acquire an item: bowl of cottage cheese
You acquire an item: Knob Goblin tongs
You acquire an item: bloodstained briquette
You gain 1 Muscleboundness
You gain 1 Magicalness
You gain 2 Chutzpah

Zarqon, I've just downloaded bounty.txt, put it into my /data/ directory, and I get the above when fighting in the Outskirts. Without bounty.txt, the messages about the 40 don't cause a problem. Either way, it does'nt olfact the monster.

I should point out that it has been correctly olfacting Goth Giants, and other monsters specified to ALWAYS olfact.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I can't be certain from the bit of session log that you post, but I suspect I may know the problem. It's a known shortcoming with this script that if your Mp is less than 40, it will not restore MP in order to cast Olfaction. Are you certain that you had 40Mp at the time of that fight?

I have no idea why you got those "40" messages... Never noticed that.

zarqon

You have an outdated bounty.txt. The bounty.txt file is generated by bounty.ash (and NOT the one in the first post), not available for download.

There is a feature request pending which if implemented will allow me to easily eliminate this problem.

adeyke

I've found this script very helpful. One tiny request, though: it's not at all a big deal, but it'd be nice if it could identify the Hidden City stone spheres, like it does for the bang potions.

Rahmuss

Quick question that I couldn't find somewhere else. I like using .txt files for my turn burns; but I want to make sure it uses a specific CCS (Goth Giant). Is there a way to make sure it's using that specific CCS with that char; but a different one with another char? I have two .txt files, one runs one char and the other runs the second char. Sometimes I will want to change the called CCS in my .txt file to something else so I can't rely on Mafia's previous setting to make it work.

Rah, there's a per-character setting called "customCombatScript". Set it to the name of the ccs you want to use, without the ".ccs". This can be done in the CLI or in ash.

Bale

Minion
Rahmuss, the CLI command you're looking for is...

Code:
set customCombatScript = myccs

Put that in your txt file. Obviously "myccs" can be changed to the name of the ccs that character wants to use.

Last edited:

Rahmuss

aqualectrix - Yep, I've been using that one; but sometimes it's nice to be able to run a script without having to go in there and change it. Too many things for me to remember sometimes. :)

Bale - Thanks a ton, I'll give that a try.

zarqon

All features requested have been added. See the changelog in the first post for more info.

And just a note about Bale's previous remark. I don't think it's a shortcoming that this script doesn't restore MP in combat in order to cast skills. The round(s) you spend restoring may just kill you. You should enter combat with enough MP to do what you expect the script will do. I prefer the current behavior and have no plans to change this aspect of the script.

That said, it may be worth adding some Olfaction handling to SS, in the event that stasising restores enough to cast it and FTF was unable to cast it.

zarqon

OK, I've put this into my personal SS and it's already come in handy. The next SS update will be a happy one.

@Rahmuss: there's a better CLI command you could use:

ccs myccsname

This will also automatically set your battleAction to "custom combat script".

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what is going on here but when using the latest version of zlib and FTF I get the following error.

Code:
Function 'vprint( string, int )' undefined (FirstThingsFirst.ash, line 46)

It then errors out and I have to do combat manually. Any ideas?

Bale

Minion
That implies that you're not using the latest version of zlib, or else there is an old version of zlib in another directory. I believe that ascend.ash is packaged with an old version of zlib, so that might be the problem. Delete the bad zlib and you should be fine.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Bah seems an old version somehow snuck into the root directory of my mafia install... my bad.

Bale

Minion
Happens to me also, zlib once tried to hijack my computer and install itself into every directory. Seems the problem was that it smelled a collection of bat pictures and attempted to find them by the simple expedient of infesting every directory until it located them. It wasn't so much a virus as just being really interested.

dj_d

I shouldn't be confused by this, but I am - when I'm pursuing a bounty, why does FTF/SS putty the monster once, use the putty, but not re-putty the resulting monster? I should be able to get all 5 drops from one encounter, no?

zarqon

I'm a little confused as to what you are saying is not happening.

Interpretation 1: FTF putties your monster, but then doesn't fight the resultant monster post-combat. The reason there would be simple: fighting putty monsters happens post-combat and therefore is not something that FTF could possibly handle. A between-battle script would be required. BBB handles this; it will fight any putty monsters in your inventory that are known to drop goals or bounty items.

Interpretation 2: You have such a between-battle script, and it uses your putty monster, but then FTF does not putty the monster again. This could happen if 1) you instructed mafia to putty using mafia's one-time putty setting, 2) you achieved all of your goals from the previous monster, or 3) you are out of daily putty uses. It shouldn't happen for bounty monsters where the number of needed items is less than your puttybountiesupto setting. If it does, that's a problem. Post some output with your verbosity set high and we'll see if we can figure out the problem.

ziz

FYI: zombie waltzers now come back as being named "some zombie waltzers", requiring a change to ftf_olfact.

Code:
setvar("ftf_olfact","blooper, dairy goat, shaky clown, some zombie waltzers, goth giant, knott yeti, sponge, hellion, violent fungus");

and

Code:
zlib ftf_olfact = blooper, dairy goat, shaky clown, some zombie waltzers, goth giant, knott yeti, sponge, hellion, violent fungus

slyz

Developer
Ah, that was why FTF wasn't auto-olfacting them yesterday! I tried debugging it with Goth Giants though, since I was already done with the ballroom, and couldn't understand what had happened. Thanks ziz.

Status
Not open for further replies.