Bug - Not A Bug Firefox not playing nice

muttonchoppe

After updating Firefox, it no longer works well with Mafia. Item and effect popups don't appear and the frames don't reload. The chat windows is also malformed and empty. I have this problem with all the builds of Mafia that I've tried.

Firefox gets along fine with KoL without Mafia, and Mafia works fine in Chrome.

I am using Firefox 24.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm not having any issues with Firefox 25 and mafia, and I'm sure I didn't have any problems when I was using Firefox 24.

Theraze

Sounds like someone needs to use the latest daily build of mafia and clear the Firefox cache. And post specifics about which builds they've tried in the future.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
No problems here but it says I am running Firefox 17.0 which is supposedly the latest on the release update channel.

AlbinoRhino

FF 24 has been working fine for me the last month or so. Update history says I have been using it since Sept. 17.

Winterbay

FF24 here as well and I've had no problem at all without clearing any caches.

What's the OP's Operating System and Java version?

roippi

Developer
Most likely culprit is a plugin that is not playing nice with mafia. Preemptively marking not a bug since there is clearly no specific issue with firefox v24 itself.

muttonchoppe

I fiddled with the plugins, and got things back to normal. NoScript was out of date, and now things are fine. Thank you all very much.