New Content Fall 2022 Challenge Path - Fall of the Dinosaurs

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I should have fixed that in r26668, which sets Elemental attack & defense for elemental dinosaurs and sets the stats at 1/1/1 for chickens.

Magus_Prime

A CCS still isn't recognizing the path monsters with r2668. Is that expected? With the following only the default action is triggered no matter what the monster might be.

[ default ]
consult SimpleSmack.ash

[ glass-shelled archelon ]
attack with weapon

[ pterodactyl ]
skill curse of weaksauce
skill saucestorm

[ supersonic velociraptor ]
skill saucegeyser

wRAR

A CCS still isn't recognizing the path monsters with r2668. Is that expected? With the following only the default action is triggered no matter what the monster might be.
Dinos are monster modifiers, not monsters, so yes this is expected.

Crowther

Looks to me like the chickens are throwing it off. Mafia's counting arena ml from the original stats, but the chicken's stats are 1/1/1.
Thanks. I was wondering about chickens as I played day one yesterday, but I had no flyers to check with.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member

Exactly right. A "consult" script could do something like this:

Code:
void main(int initround, monster foe, string page)
{
    print( "initround = " + initround );
    print( "monster = " + foe );
    print( "page length = " + length( page ) );
    if (my_path() == "Fall of the Dinosaurs") {
        // foe is the base monster that was consumed by the dinosaur.
        // $monster[malevolent hair clog], for example.
        boolean[string] modifiers = foe.random_modifiers;
        if (modifiers contains "archelon") {
            // reflects spells
            // do stuff
            return;
        }
        if (modifiers contains "dilophosaur") {
            element e = foe.attack_element;
            // do stuff
            return;
        }
        // and so on.
    }
}

I can understand why CCS support would be useful, but I don't know how to do it, yet.

Tokoeka

the boss dinos are monsters in their own right, and the monster version of the dinos will presumably need to get added eventually to make sure scripts dont get confused by them when looking at locket or manuel

adeyke

The verbs for what the dinosaur did to the original monster aren't matched up with the dinosaur types. I just encountered a glass-shelled archelon that "recently devoured" a monster, but KoLmafia couldn't identify it, since it assumes an archelon "consumed" the monster.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
"consumed"
"just ate"
"recently devoured"

I also notice that the wishable dinos do not have adjectives.

glass-shelled archelon -> archelon
(element) dilophosaur -> dilophosaur
(element) flatusaurus -> flatusaurus
ghostasaurus -> ghostasaurus
kachungasaur -> kachungasaur
high-altitude pterodactyl -> pterodactyl
spikolodon -> spikolodon
supersonic velociraptor -> velociraptor

I already separate the elements out and added them to the modifiers array. I wonder if I should do the same to "glass-shelled" (reflects spells), "high-altitude" (no melee attacks) and "supersonic" (one round only)?

I will adjust the parsing of the name to pull out all the "prefix" modifiers and add them to the array of modifiers and just remove all the flavor description about eating, devouring, consuming, ingesting, swallowing the soul of, snarfing, gobbling, horking, whatever.

adeyke

I believe my ranged attack (accordion) also failed against a high-altitude pterodactyl. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but the immunity may be to attacks in general, not just melee.

wRAR

Yes, pterodactyls are immune to weapons in general, including a normal attack from a pterodactyl rifle.

Yendor

A few more things:
NS doesn't require a wand
New monster #2247 found in Manuel with name 'Oligarcheopteryx' image 'dino_theman.gif' attributes ='Atk: 250 Def: 250 HP: 2000 Init: 100 P: beast Article: The'
Dino DNAde™ is multiusable, but KoLmafia thought it was not
Unexpected plural of 'Dino DNAde™' found: bottles of Dino DNAde™
Code:
--------------------
10950	Thwaitgold mosquito-in-amber statuette	925741442	thwaitamber.gif	none		0
# Item Thwaitgold mosquito-in-amber statuette
--------------------

Magus_Prime

Here is the list of Council quest log entries if someone would be kind enough to add them to the repository.

Attachments

• dinosaurs-quest-text.txt
    18.3 KB · Views: 6

adeyke

According to the wiki, there's a difference in questL12War finished message depending on what side you fought for: "man destroys hippies" vs "man destroys frat boys".

ckb

Minion
Staff member
If you fight a dinosaur and use 'Back-Up to your Last Enemy' the monster gets new dino modifiers, but Mafia does not recognize this.

Magus_Prime

Here are the quest log entries with the variant text for ending The War as either a Fratboy or Hippy.

Attachments

• dinosaurs-quest-text.txt
    18.7 KB · Views: 2

ckb

Minion
Staff member
If you fight a dinosaur and use 'Back-Up to your Last Enemy' the monster gets new dino modifiers, but Mafia does not recognize this. If you reload the page, Mafia will re-process the modifiers correctly. However, there are some weird things that happen with backed-up monsters. A backed up monster that becomes a primitive chicken will retain its stats (HP, ATK, and DEF) but Mafia will assume these are all 1.
stupid complicated game.

Erosion

Additional prefs suggested:
_dinoDroppingsToday, for how many dino poop quests you've completed
dinoDroppingsZone, for the zone in which the creepy old man tells you to get dino poop
dinoDroppingsProgress, for progress to the dino poop NC in the chosen zone, starts at 5 (receive on 6th encounter), then 8, 11, etc
Progress to the NC is incremented by all visits to the zone, including June Cleaver. The Visited Locations dropdown will mark this, but it's not delay and thus won't be counted properly by turns in zone.

_dinoResearchToday, for how many bundles of dino research you've given to the Chaosthetitican, starts at 20, 25, 30, etc
dinoResearch, for how much dino research you've accumulated, because the way it's set up in-game is cumbersome and wastes data

_dinoTrophiesToday, for how many bundles of dino trophies you've given to the hunter, starts at 10, 15, 20, etc
dinoTrophiesType, for which kind of trophy is wanted (feather/leather/spike/scale)