Bug - Fixed Evil Eyes Not Being Tracked

Alium

Mafia isn't tracking acquisition of evil eyes properly. Have been running the loopgyou script daily for a bit now. We noticed today that evil eyes were in inventory via relay but not known to mafia cli unless a `refresh all` is called.

unknown.png

Looked in my session logs and it was seemingly working up until 5/24. I get the latest mafia every day. Current behavior on r26479, and likely earlier versions, is session logs don't contain any mention of evil eyes. I do have the retro cape and script was using slay the dead. However, another user of loopgyou had this same issue today and they do not have the retro cape.

Tomorrow I'll turn on debug mode and let the script run. Hopefully will provide data on how to reproduce. Let me know if something else would be more useful.

Last edited:

Kasekopf

Looking back in my own session logs, I see one of two possible reasons:
  • The tracking stopped working when I started pulling gravy boat. So maybe the parsing of the gravy boat message messes with this.
  • Looking at the dates on the old mafia revisions I've used, the tracking seemed to work in r26405 but not in r26416. But this is only inferred from file dates vs. log dates (I should add a printout of the mafia version to my daily scripts).
I'll try and grab some HTML tomorrow as well to see.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Unless this issue relates to using the “Slay the Dead” skill, hard to imagine it is related.

Give me a DEBUG log and I will evaluate.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Looking back in my own session logs, I see one of two possible reasons:
  • The tracking stopped working when I started pulling gravy boat. So maybe the parsing of the gravy boat message messes with this.
  • Looking at the dates on the old mafia revisions I've used, the tracking seemed to work in r26405 but not in r26416. But this is only inferred from file dates vs. log dates (I should add a printout of the mafia version to my daily scripts).
I'll try and grab some HTML tomorrow as well to see.
<veer>

Might be a worthwhile feature request to ask to include some of the system data (mafia version, Java version, etc.) that is in a debug log header in the session log as well.

Alium

@Veracity attached are debug logs. Gravy boat being equipped seems to be the cause. When gravy boat is equipped, mafia doesn't track any drops. When I equipped a different hat, drops were tracked.

CLI output of the second fight in the gravy boat debug log. You can see in the log there was actually items dropped.
1654722559645.png

CLI output of the only fight in the not gravy boat debug log.
1654722579980.png

Added a debug log with gravy boat equipped and slay the dead used too just in case that is funky.

Attachments

• Not Gravy Boat Equipped DEBUG_20220608.txt
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Gravy Boat Equipped DEBUG_20220608.txt
    119.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Gravy Boat Equipped and Slay the Dead used DEBUG_20220608.txt
    38.3 KB · Views: 1