Bug - Fixed Error while using consumables?

fatquack

Every time I use food/booze/spleen from within Mafias item manager I get:
Unexpected error, debug log printed.

Items are consumed normally, I don't see any negative effects, but it is annoying.

It has been happening with various daily builds for some time now.

This is the latest debug log:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
KoLmafia v14.8 r10060, Linux, Java 1.6.0_29
Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread. If you
would like the dev team to look at it, please write a bug report
at kolmafia.us. Include specific information about what you were
doing when you made this and include the log as an attachment.
Timestamp: Sat Dec 03 23:30:49 CET 2011

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.UseItemEnqueuePanel$ExecuteListener.execute(UseItemEnqueuePanel.java:273)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.listener.ThreadedListener.run(ThreadedListener.java:214)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread$ThreadWrappedRunnable.run(RequestThread.java:236)

All the other ones are the same, except for the 273 in line 1, that is also sometimes 268 or 263.
Might be a local file corruption, as it does not go away after updating to a new daily.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I've also seen debug logs regularly when consuming things. I didn't report it before because I thought it might be due to my failed attempt at adding s'more support (which happens to be just useful enough to be worth keeping).

jasonharper

Developer
This appears to be a consequence of having the "add creation queuing interface" option turned off, and looks to have been broken since at least r6036. It's not entirely harmless; the error is preventing the item list from being re-sorted, so (for example) items you no longer have room for wouldn't get moved to the bottom of the list.

It's fixable, but does anyone remember why we even have that option in the first place? I'm not seeing much benefit in maintaining two versions of the consumption panels, when one is a strict subset of the other.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I have that option off because it leads to a large box taking up otherwise useful space. I could get by with it on though.

Something else has changed, because I've only been getting those debug logs for maybe a few months now. Not that the specific change really matters if a cause has been found.