EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

shazbot

You get absinthe for "free", not-a-pipes still cost 4.5 turns (on average) to create, making them worse than wads if you're starting from absinthe. However, even if you have not-a-pipes, you should sell them and buy wads, according to the script.

Rockin' wagons are pretty good when you wear a tuxedo shirt.

Thanks for the clarification on the !pipes. As for the wagons though, they're good, but adv/drink are better with Mae West, even with tuxedo shirt.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Thanks for the clarification on the !pipes. As for the wagons though, they're good, but adv/drink are better with Mae West, even with tuxedo shirt.

If you think a Mae West is about the same cost to make as a rockin' wagon, then you're ignoring the opportunity cost of mallselling the items from the still. The extra cost of a Mae West is generally higher than your value of two adventures that you gain from switching drinks.

Braska

Hmm... I was unaware the script took opportunity cost into consideration when it made decisions. Although, the mae west is not better by only two adventures. The most turns I ever get with ode and tuxedo with a rockin wagon is 18. The most turns I have gotten from Mae West with ode, is 22. It's not a big difference, but it is more than 2. :p (I AVERAGE 16 adventures on the wagons, and 20 from the MW)

Last edited:

Braska

I have never got more than 18.... I should probably check to make sure that the script is actually equipping the shirt. It'll have to wait til tomorrow though

OK, wrong terminology, but what I mean is it adjusts the price ad infinitum without ever actually buying/consuming. And as for restarting the script, no luck. It ends up trying the same item (dusty bottle of marsala) again and again. Also, my CPU usage soars to 70% or higher, and mafia lags really badly (although that's not so much an issue with mafia as with my computer). Sometimes to the extent that I have to force quit it because I can't get it to abort.

Here's the readout that I got a day or two ago, copied from my session log:
<SNIP Log>

It's doing the same thing to me. I stop it and re-start it and it chooses another item to begin the same process of never buying or consuming the item.

Edit: If it helps I'm running build 7946

Last edited:

Braska

Alright, I see now that rockin wagon's are the proper choice, but that leads to the question... why is the script not equipping a tuxedo shirt for me? It is very confusing... the cli says changing to tuxedo shirt, and if I watch the inventory page, I see the shirt go on, but unless I manually put the shirt on beforehand, none of the wagons give me more than 18 adv.

12/30 -Put tuxedo shirt on manually, wagon's gave 21, 20, 19, 20 advs.
12/31 -Wearing Letterman's Jacket at start; cli says it equipped tuxedo shirt, wagon's gave 16, 16, 18, 16 advs.
01/01 -Wearing Letterman's Jacket at start; equip page shows change to tuxedo shirt, wagon's gave 16, 18, 18, 18 advs.

Ode in effect everyday, is it possible that this is coincidence, and I have the worst RNG luck ever?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You also don't have a 14 or 15 in there like you could be getting without a shirt on. It could be average RNG with a shirt or great RNG without.

Ok, I found out that if I tell it not to eat ANY food it will go ahead and buy and consume my booze and spleen. But any time I try to buy and eat food it just keeps canceling the purchase. Also when it decides that Prismatic wads are a good deal it doesn't take into account the fact that I have Rainbow Gravitation (or is it just valuing the 30 MP differently than I would - keeping in mind I can fill it up for free with a massage from the sisters). By my last calculation it's cheaper to buy wads to turn into prismatic wads than it is to buy already made prismatic wads.

Oh, also I've moved to build 7951 if there are any compatibility issues.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't think there's a good way for the script to know if you have rainbow gravity uses left for the day. You could always cast it yourself before running the script.

I don't think there's a good way for the script to know if you have rainbow gravity uses left for the day. You could always cast it yourself before running the script.

I'll probably start doing that in the future, it just surprised me on the first successful run. I did eventually get it to eat after something like 30-40 restarts.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
If it would buy the wads from the mall instead of smash things to make them I would. Assuming I could figure out how to do so in the first place. Last time I did any coding though I was using BASIC.

I believe it already does, as per line 13:
Code:
boolean mall = can_interact() && get_property("autoSatisfyWithMall").to_boolean();

I believe it already does, as per line 13:
Code:
boolean mall = can_interact() && get_property("autoSatisfyWithMall").to_boolean();

Ah, it didn't sound like it did from the description in the thread and I didn't check the code because as far as I'm concerned computer code might as well be Latin.

Something occurred to me that might make EatDrink.ash easier to use for some people but have no clue how to implement it myself. It would be helpful if instead of constantly trying to buy and consume an item and failing until I stop and restart the script is it possible to script it to be told to try a limited number of times (say 5, or 10) and then look for something else?

The "buy fail loop" is a reoccurring bug in Eatdrink that dj_d has been working on fixing. It has come a long ways from where it was. I only notice it now when I don't have mall access.

Bazaaretw

The "buy fail loop" is a reoccurring bug in Eatdrink that dj_d has been working on fixing. It has come a long ways from where it was. I only notice it now when I don't have mall access.

As far as I know it has been fixed, but it's in the newest version of Ascend.ash thats located in that thread, I've been using it, and it's beautiful.

Bazaaretw

1: not-a-pipe lev:4 gain:4.0 adv:8.0 musc:25.0 myst:25.0 mox:25.0 meat:4940 own:0 value:2852
2: not-a-pipe lev:4 gain:4.0 adv:8.0 musc:25.0 myst:25.0 mox:25.0 meat:4940 own:0 value:2852
M1: mojo filter price: 4795
M2: mojo filter price: 4795
3: not-a-pipe lev:4 gain:4.0 adv:8.0 musc:25.0 myst:25.0 mox:25.0 meat:4940 own:0 value:2852
4: not-a-pipe lev:4 gain:4.0 adv:8.0 musc:25.0 myst:25.0 mox:25.0 meat:4940 own:0 value:2852
5: not-a-pipe lev:4 gain:4.0 adv:8.0 musc:25.0 myst:25.0 mox:25.0 meat:4940 own:0 value:2852
6: twinkly wad lev:6 gain:1.0 adv:1.0 musc:9.0 myst:9.0 mox:9.0 meat:200 own:0 value:1926
7: twinkly wad lev:6 gain:1.0 adv:1.0 musc:9.0 myst:9.0 mox:9.0 meat:200 own:0 value:1926
choc: Checking non-filling crimbo chocolates - all 3 kinds
Finished. You had Milk of Magnesium in effect. Adventures listed above does not reflect that, but this does:
Spent 59118 meat. Gained Fullness: 0. Inebriety: 14. Spleen: 20. Adventures: 100. Muscle: 332. Moxie: 247. Mysticality: 148.
Eating, drinking, and spleening complete. Commence merrymaking (at your own discretion).

This is something that has been bugging me for a long time, it uses the mojo filters after the first 2 items, but in the end actually only tallies that those mojo filters are used for only twinkly wads, whereas I assume it would be much more efficient to use the 3rd mojo filter and a prismatic wad. because I don't think 1-2 adventures is worth the 5k cost of the filter+wad...

I feel like it could be easily fixed with just having it use the mojo filters once you are full on spleen and all at once instead of after an item.

Just for any curiosities, I have 20 spleen points from aftercore of an HCO.

padamdam

I keep getting a bug, stating:

[the ode to booze] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (EatDrink.ash, line 1384)

Must have something to do with 13.8 being released, I'm guessing they renamed the skill...

Edit: Found it; the effect name has been changed to 'ode to booze', whereas the skill itself is names 'the ode to booze'.
Tested it, and it worked.

Last edited:
I keep getting a bug, stating:

[the ode to booze] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (EatDrink.ash, line 1384)

Must have something to do with 13.8 being released, I'm guessing they renamed the skill...

There's a fix for that a few pages back, just open up the script search for Ode and delete all the "the's" that are in front of it.