EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

mrwarriorz

ok got it wrking thanks guys, also when i try to do the level up one it says Multiple matches against Tavern.
Bad location value: "Tavern" (levelup.ash, line 319)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Blah blah blah replace "tavern" with "tavern cellar" blah blah blah change in mafia's recognition of the zone blah blah blah dj_d should update his scripts but he hasn't been around in forever. Blah.

[Sorry if I seem a bit impatient; it's just that we just get the same questions over and over about dj_d's scripts. =P]

Bale

Minion
Yeah. The first post should just be a FAQ with four questions on it because that's all that are ever asked again and again.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member

Use a nonformatting text editor such as Notepad (a fair amount of us here use Notepad++ for its syntax-highlighting capabilities as well as its line-number tracking). Look for "Tavern" and replace it with "Tavern Cellar".

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
i did and it still doesnt work

I'm late to the party but what I'm reading is that you reported a known bug, implemented the known fix and it did not work. In that case it might be helpful to step back to square 1 and provide more detail. Mafia version? zlib version? How are you invoking the script? This is known as stalling for time because what you report should not be happening ;)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
He got it working after a second try, then ran into another error, for which we provided a solution.

(Yeah, you're just a bit late.)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
He got it working after a second try, then ran into another error, for which we provided a solution.

(Yeah, you're just a bit late.)
Worse than that, I posted before I realized there was a page worth of messages I had not read.

That said, EatDrink_modified.ash on the first page does work. The moderator's comments do suggest that it be used if things don't work. What is missing is the comment to rename EatDrink_modified.ash to be EatDrink.ash and replace any older version in the scripts directory.

mhopkins321

alright, so i got that problem fixed. but now i'm on to a new one.

technically it is 2 problems. first, the food it is attempting to buy is a crimbo pie, for a level 20 character. This doesn't seem like the best food so i am curious as to why it is picking that food in particular.

Also, it doesn't actually buy a pie, it just ends up looping, stupid loop :p

cheers
-Mike

Raven434

Using the latest version and also following the various links around, I am still getting Map modified within foreach (eatdrink.ash, line 914)

Sometimes the error moves to line 954 depending on the version I am testing with.

Mafia is version 8487.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Using the latest version and also following the various links around, I am still getting Map modified within foreach (eatdrink.ash, line 914)

Sometimes the error moves to line 954 depending on the version I am testing with.

Mafia is version 8487.
While I hate to say snarky things to a fellow resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia, I would like to point out that the exact same error was reported here which is on the same bleeping page as you posted to and subsequent posts suggest what you might do to address your problem. The short answer is to either get eatdrink_modified from the first post in this thread or grab a slightly more robust version from the Unofficial Ascend support thread. Feel free to read some of the posts on this page since I'm not going to repost links.

Raven434

I tested with like 2 or 3 different versions, following various inter-connected threads across various posts of "here use this copy of EatDrink, bug XYZ has just been eradicated", so I must have missed the right one somewhere in the threading. Or maybe my caffeine quota was too low this morning. Will try again.

Last edited: