EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

Muhandes

It works. I think "8386: Restore the ability to remove the current key from a map being iterated over" might have corrected the issue anyway.

hamishfox

I´m getting the below error when I try to run the script.

Function 'item_drops_array( monster )' undefined (zlib.ash, line 232)

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn´t find it anywhere.

mhopkins321

hey guys. so i am using ascend.ash and this script gets called within it. However, I am having a rather large problem, I am out of meat and this script doesn't realize that I am and essentially it gets caught in an infinite loop. Is there any way I can fix this?

Cheers
-Mike

peter50216

I got this today:

melted Jell-o shot lev:10 gain:1.0 adv:3.0 musc:10.8 myst:10.8 mox:10.8 meat:170 own:0 value:1480
Countdown: 3 seconds...
Countdown: 2 seconds...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Shopping for a melted Jell-o shot in 3 seconds
Waiting completed.
budgeting 212 for 1 additional melted Jell-o shot. You have 2011322 meat. You have 0 in inventory already.
Searching for "melted jell-o shot"...
Stopped purchasing melted Jell-o shot @ 220.
Purchased 0 melted Jell-o shot for 0 meat.
Tried to get 1 melted Jell-o shot but got 0. Pricing error.
Setting new effective price to the greater of 212 and 1
Failed to get melted Jell-o shot for a max price of 1.25*170=212.5
FAIL: melted Jell-o shot lev:10 gain:1.0 adv:3.0 musc:10.8 myst:10.8 mox:10.8 meat:170 own:0 value:1480
Choosing drink to consume.
Waiting to consume...
melted Jell-o shot lev:10 gain:1.0 adv:3.0 musc:10.8 myst:10.8 mox:10.8 meat:170 own:0 value:1480
Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.
budgeting 212 for 1 additional melted Jell-o shot. You have 2011322 meat. You have 0 in inventory already.
Using cached search results for melted Jell-o shot...
Seen a problem with this one before at a price of 212.
Setting new effective price to the greater of 212 and 213
FAIL: melted Jell-o shot lev:10 gain:1.0 adv:3.0 musc:10.8 myst:10.8 mox:10.8 meat:170 own:0 value:1480
Waiting to consume...
Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.
Using cached search results for melted Jell-o shot...
Seen a problem with this one before at a price of 213.
Setting new effective price to the greater of 212 and 214
Waiting to consume...

It seems that it continue tries to purchase melted Jell-o shot. It keeps trying until:
Seen a problem with this one before at a price of 257.
Setting new effective price to the greater of 212 and 258
and then I stopped it manually.

I don't know what's wrong about it. The lowest price of melted jell-o shot in mall is 220.

Last edited:

Winterbay

This can happen for example when the lowest price in the mall is a limited one (i.e. you can only buy 1 or 2 at that price). The first one you try to buy above that limit will give you a pricing error. Restarting the script usually helps, sometimes you need to actually buy the offending food/drink yourself first.

scud121

Just a small issue - ran farm (as always) and discovered on my return that eatdrink had decided to fill up on knob pasties, rather than the usual meins, a little disconcerting, since I ended spending about 120000 meat on food, rather than the free meins in my inv...

slyz

Developer
rather than the free meins in my inv...
Even when they are in your inventory, they aren't 'free', because you are consuming something that was worth the meat you would have gotten by selling them.

EatDrink.ash spend a lot of meat to generate advs, but were those advs used to generate a lot of meat?

padamdam

I found out a bug of sorts, I kept getting the following error:

Map modified within foreach (EatDrink.ash, line 924)

I had 8412 running and got it, then I tried 8419 and also got the error.
However, when I switched to 8410 it magically disappeared, so I guess it started occuring again after 8411 or 8412 or something.

I have no idea how to fix stuff like this, but all this unstable release scripting bugs the hell out of me. It would bug me a lot less if not having the 100% up-to-date script wouldn't cause 3 seconds of delays for every support script per adventure, adding up to like 10 seconds of delays per adventure.

Winterbay

I ran it with 8417 today and had no problems at all, so either it came and went or something else is happening.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have no idea how to fix stuff like this, but all this unstable release scripting bugs the hell out of me. It would bug me a lot less if not having the 100% up-to-date script wouldn't cause 3 seconds of delays for every support script per adventure, adding up to like 10 seconds of delays per adventure.
I'm not trying to sound snarky but a little bit of search/research would have turned up enough information that you might have understood the problem and the solution. "unstable release scripting bugs" seems to be pretty strong language for a problem that was identified and fixed in mafia within 24 hours. All scripts here are posted "as is, use at your own risk" and what I perceive as the tone of your post seems unlikely to encourage a script writer to continue to support their scripts.

That said, I will note the issues were addressed around r8386 so you report does suggest something new might be going on. However, the advice is to update everything before you report the error so you should consider doing that, posting a report and then be patient.

padamdam

I'm not trying to sound snarky but a little bit of search/research would have turned up enough information that you might have understood the problem and the solution. "unstable release scripting bugs" seems to be pretty strong language for a problem that was identified and fixed in mafia within 24 hours. All scripts here are posted "as is, use at your own risk" and what I perceive as the tone of your post seems unlikely to encourage a script writer to continue to support their scripts.

That said, I will note the issues were addressed around r8386 so you report does suggest something new might be going on. However, the advice is to update everything before you report the error so you should consider doing that, posting a report and then be patient.

I'm sorry I sounded snappy at the scripters, because I do appreciate their work. With the current version control system it just takes a lot of time updating all the scripts and dealing with flaws which are pretty hard to solve if you don't know the complicated scripts.

I can look at it again, but I'm pretty sure I was working out of 8419, with all my scripts freshly updated, using the altered eatdrink 2 pages back.(which was said to solve the problem after 8386)
Not altering the scripts further but simply changing to 8410 stopped the problem.
Anyway, this is something a bit too complicated for me to solve.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Am using EatDrink via Ascend with a brand new character. Am using EatDrink_modified as listed in the first post instead of the version that shipped with Ascend. EatDrink computes the desired item and then appears to go into an infinite (well, I stopped if after five minutes) loop trying to acquire and consume. I suspect one or more of the following conditions is not being properly considered.

I am level 3 and so do not have Mall access.
I have preferences checked so that mafia does not buy from the mall.
My meat on hand is barely sufficient to purchase one of the items.

In the context of Ascend, EatDrink is actually trying to execute the plan, rather than simulate it. The obsession with Mall items seems to persist even if I just simulate.

mrwarriorz

when i try to run it says: Function 'item_drops_array( monster )' undefined (zlib.ash, line 218), please help i dont know if this has been already been anwsered.