EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

dj_d

It didn't use milk because it's not worth it on a meat-per-adventure basis to burn milk (which is worth 900 meat in the mall) for a one-fullness item.

I'm stumped as to why it didn't eat to 15, though. The "re-evaluate all items after you've eaten one" code is up for a rewrite, though, because there's a much faster and more elegant way to do it since JH implemented "sort".

Sputnik1

i dont know whats happened but i think something has blown up with the mall price updating

Code:
Loading food records.
Now at fullness of 0, eating to 15.
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Error loading eatdrink_food_data.txt, aborting

dj_d

Before debugging, do this:
1) Update mafia to today's build
2) Delete ALL instances of EatDrink and ALL instances of the eatdrink data files (eatdrink_food_data.txt and the rest of them)
3) re-download all of the above

Let me know if the problem persists.

Bale

Minion
I've finally got the output tweaked for EatDrink to my liking. Now it outputs much less redundant information, but does print out the best monster (and it's value) for each location.

That helped today since the second location listed had a much higher value for its best monster. I figure with olfaction, the increased frequency of that monster will make the location more valuable.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I've finally got the output tweaked for EatDrink to my liking. Now it outputs much less redundant information, but does print out the best monster (and it's value) for each location.

EatDrink prints out information about monsters? I thought it was intended to help you optimize your diet. Or does it tell you which monster to eat and/or drink? :)

th3y

It was a little late. And he was drunk (still is, actually). Otherwise I'm guessing he would have posted this in the thread for farm.ash. ; )

dj_d

I'm an old school nethack player, so I'm all about eating monsters. Lets get Jick on the thread and make this happen.

;)

Bale

Minion
th3y is quite right. :eek:

Pretend I posted this in the farm.ash thread, the search and replace EatDrink with farm. At least I got the script's creator correct, so I wasn't 100% hopeless.

Last edited:

dj_d

New update

Test update attached - please let me know how it works. Cleans up a bunch of stuff, first and foremost that data files are no longer necessary!

Attachments

• EatDrink.ash
    54 KB · Views: 30

morgad

does not work for me :-(

> call scripts\EatDrink.ash
Script parsing error (EatDrink.ash, line 272)
> call scripts\farm.ash
Script parsing error (farm.ash, line 6)
> call scripts\Ascend.ash
Script parsing error (Ascend.ash, line 7)

switch back to old version of eat/drink - eatdrink now runs

but the other scripts still don't work (they did before)
> call scripts\farm.ash

these scripts work fine ...
> call scripts\Ascend Status.ash
> call scripts\Safe.ash
> call scripts\LevelUp.ash

very puzzled ... any ideas how to get it working again?
I have replaced eatdrink + its data files with copies from the zip package, and still can't get things working

Dave

Spiny

Script parsing error (EatDrink.ash, line 272)
> call scripts\farm.ash

switch back to old version of eat/drink - eatdrink now runs

but the other scripts still don't work (they did before)
> call scripts\farm.ash

these scripts work fine ...
> call scripts\Ascend Status.ash
> call scripts\Safe.ash
> call scripts\LevelUp.ash

very puzzled ... any ideas how to get it working again?
I have replaced eatdrink + its data files with copies from the zip package, and still can't get things working

Dave

Without looking myself, I can't say for certain... I know for me that farm.ash has a line:

import <eatdrink.ash>

This fails for me because I'm on Linux and the script is named EatDrink.ash, not eatdrink.ash. If this is the problem for you, that would be an easy fix.

dj_d

Morgad, you are almost certainly a living example of why I want version checking. Update your kolmafia to the latest build.

Bale

Minion
So are you going to post your mods? Maybe in the PullCrap thread? :)

Nothing astonishing. Just commented out a lot of print lines and added a few print lines to output some more information for each location in the semi-final report. I'll spare PullCrap knowledge of this. ;)

morgad

Morgad, you are almost certainly a living example of why I want version checking. Update your kolmafia to the latest build.

updated from 7687 to 7691, and still got same results
(I am running on XP pro, might try it on my Ubuntu box if all else fails)

I think I will go blow away all my mafia directories, install Git, an rebuild them from scratch, so I can keep track of what I have changed, rather than what I *think* I have changed ...

got it working again - looks like I had screwed up zlib :-(

what I did this morning to get things running -

installed git (portable version), commited all my mafia directories, so I can track the changes
went back to mafia 13.5, then upgraded this to 13.6
farm.ash now said zlib was out of date (ver 5), so updated this
farm.ash complaied about spaces_to_underscores, so put back in the version from zlib 5, not the version of the function I had copied from the forum yesterday (which is where I think I had screwed up - possible cut/paste error)

now everything working with 7691, using the original version of eatdrink.

Dave

Last edited:

NastyPeasant

Is there a way to tell eatdrink.ash to never use a clover? I think I might have just fubar-d my planned black moon run, as I seem to be missing a clover and eatdrink was spotted trying to use one (it looped trying to make green beer when it wasn't sneaky pete day)

Spiny

If it wasn't sneaky pete's day, green beer would not have been successfully made, even if it were tried.