Bug - Waiting for Info Discard Karma link on Astral Gash doesn't discard Karma

Darzil

Developer
The last few ascensions I've noticed that the Discard Karma link on the Astral Gash page doesn't work for me. It comes up with the are you sure query, but doesn't discard the karma. Nothing is noted in the GCLi when this occurs. It works fine from inventory. I'd have reported it before, but thought it might have been due to Java 7, but I uninstalled that earlier and still get the issue.

Winterbay

I think from when I last tried it that it does discard it, but it doesn't show anything about it (and the number on the page stays the same). If you do a refresh inv and check for karma I think there will be less of them despite not indicating this in any other way.

Darzil

Developer
I had one, I clicked the link, I went to inventory, I still had one, I clicked the link there, I then had none.

Darzil

Developer
Not that I can see. I'm currently one day into a SC Boris level 30 run, so it'll be a while til I can test further.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It works for me too. Mafia's quantity immediately updates (I'm not sure if Winterbay was getting different results) and I get an inline message about it (in fact, that link loads inline regardless of your settings, unless I'm missing something). The number displayed there doesn't change (doesn't seem worth reloading the page just for that).

Catch-22

A side note, the number on the ascending page could be updated without a page refresh by inserting some javascript in the response text that modifies the DOM on click.

That's more like a feature request though, I don't think it's the issue Darzil was facing.

Theraze

But the item is used, and if you have inline selected, it tells you above that it's been used.

Asking to have the page refreshed when you use it isn't a bug report, it's a FReq... and different from what you reported above, so I'm guessing it's just getting tacked on now. :(

Darzil

Developer
But the item is used, and if you have inline selected, it tells you above that it's been used.

Asking to have the page refreshed when you use it isn't a bug report, it's a FReq... and different from what you reported above, so I'm guessing it's just getting tacked on now. :(

And not my FReq, at that. No, my issue is purely that I click on discard karma, it comes up with an are you sure message box, when I click yes the message box goes but nothing else happens, and nothing appears in line. Whereas when I click on discard karma from inventory it comes up with an are you sure message box, when I click yes the message box goes and the success appears in line.

Winterbay

Well he did state that it was a FR and not what was originally intended in his post so...

Theraze

Hmm... trying to remember if I get that confirmation box as well. Probably though... but it'll be another 2-4 days before I get it again.

FWIW, I just tested this (Die bugbears!), and had no problems. the "stuff to do before ascending", as others pointed out, did not update, but my karma was properly discarded (and I got a message at the top showing so. Debug log next time you try to discard karma, I guess?

Darzil

Developer
Will do, though it's a while off, as I'm trying for SC Boris level 30, and I can't test this til level 30. I did try a debug a few days ago, and got two lines of text only, but I assumed it was Java 7 and deleted it like an idiot.

Slyz - No, no GM scripts.

Ruby Eyes

Hmm... trying to remember if I get that confirmation box as well. Probably though... but it'll be another 2-4 days before I get it again.

When checking, just remember that you can switch this off in-game: options => inventory => [ ] Confirm Discarding

That being said, r11297 discards my karma just fine (verified via chat command /count karma).
Now checking r11313 ... works just as well, using Java 6.0.310 and Firefox 12.0, updated to FF 14.0.1 and still discards properly ... end of checks, that was my last instant karma. I'm not of much use here, eh?

Last edited: