Daily Dungeon

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Suppose you want a gelatinous cubeling. You can buy one in the mall. The cheapest is currently 420,000.
An alternative is to farm one up yourself, one fat loot token a day, for 27 days.
In order to make that efficient, you need the three items that the cubeling drops.
Without them, 13 turns a day (skipping chests).
With them, 1-5 turns per day (also skipping chests).

Turns out, those items are tradeable - and some are remarkably cheap. There are hundreds of Pick-O-Matic lockpicks available for 100 each.
Who knew?

I needed a script for this. So I wrote one, which assumes you have the three items: eleven-foot pole, ring of Detect Boring Doors, and the lockpicks.

I'm willing to consider not requiring that you have the ring, say (which will make every run take 5 turns, since you won’t skip any monsters). But this is what currently works for my multis, so I provide it for your amusement.

Attachments

• DailyDungeon.ash
    2.2 KB · Views: 27

AlbinoRhino

GameInformPowerDailyPro magazines can speed up obtaining a cubeling hatchling as well. (Each completed Video game dungeon gives a token.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Hmm. That will reduce required days - at the expense of a lot of turns.

I have one never ascended multi who is farming up things to take as a Journeyman - 14 hobo codes, Hobo Monkey, Jumpsuited Hound Dog, cubeling.

He probably want the video game equipment, too, so, why not?

Thanks for the tip!

AlbinoRhino

I think you could get 1 per day from FantasyRealm (and PirateRealm) as well...if you wanted to break the magazine monotony.

edit: Oops. Looks like PirateRealm actually drops a dungeon key, not a token. I misremembered.

Last edited:
You can also use daily dungeon malware, and also get one at gingerbread city (though both of those are questionable financial decisions if you are planning on selling the loot from the token)

VladYvhuce

You can also use daily dungeon malware, and also get one at gingerbread city (though both of those are questionable financial decisions if you are planning on selling the loot from the token)
Though, if you've already got the IOTMs, then more free loot tokens as long as you're not in a Standard run. What's the thing at Gingerbred City to get one? I sometimes get a bit lost in the Rube Goldberg setup of that place...

xKiv

What's the thing at Gingerbred City to get one? I sometimes get a bit lost in the Rube Goldberg setup of that place...

As far as I can tell ...
- civic center/set the clock
- get at least 50 sprinkles somewhere in the next 3 turns
- (turn 4) industrial zone/noon - buy a crowbar (50 sprinkles)
- 9 turns anywhere in the GB city
- (turn 14) rain station/midnight - break into the currency exchange - get fat loot token

14 turns is kind of ... a lot. Except when it reduces daycount.

Tissen

The Validate() function always returns true instead of retval. Guess that's ok for most people, but not what I think the script was intended to do.